Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:13am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Ok y'all I may have stumbled upon something new. I don't know if it's because im reaching max hydration or if this new technique i discovered really works

So for the last two steps I rinsed out my terressentials (bentonite clay) and normally I apply my leave in then gel after and finish the regimen without re-wetting my hair.

However this time I applied my leave-in to my whole head then started to apply the gel to the left side of my head. After I finished the left side, I re-wet the right side with a spray bottle and then applied the gel on top and I got my best wash and go ever. My whole hair shakes now and the curls look more uniform. You all should try this and see how it works for you. Pinke i know you said you don't re-wet your hair as you are applying the gel but you may want to possibly try and see if it yields better results. Anyways I hope this helps someone

Aharri, that's awesome! Big smileThe reason I don't find the need to rewet my hair, is because i do my hair in sections as i go along. so my hair is already wet, if that makes sense. It's like i apply my conditioner and gel (that's two steps) at once, section by section. (i make horizontal rows starting from the back of my head going up.)

I never do my whole head in conditioner and then do my whole head in gel, otherwise it would definetly dry b4 i get to seal it in. Also, my conditioner is always watered down in the application bottle before hand. This is the same technique i did on my friends' brother's hair.(the pics i posted last week) So yeah, you are on point with rewetting. You want to be sealing in wet hair, don't let the conditioner dry up b4 u apply the gel.

Oh ok so it's like steps 4 and 5 are done together then. I'll try it that way when I re-do my hair in 2-3 days

Yup, doing it like that is also less time consuming(at least for me anyway)

Yes, I've had my best wash and go since I started using this technique. I section a small section(the smaller(narrow) the section the better) using a rat tail comb, add the watered down leave in. That alone makes the coils pop, I then smooth in the gel with a pulling motion. The coils separate and clump together even more making them super defined. After Im done my hair is super wet (I shake my head like a dog to remove excess water lol) and my hair actually moves even though its short. My hair has never had movement ever! and when I tilt my head to the side it actually hangs.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:37am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Yes, I've had my best wash and go since I started using this technique. I section a small section(the smaller(narrow) the section the better) using a rat tail comb, add the watered down leave in. That alone makes the coils pop, I then smooth in the gel with a pulling motion. The coils separate and clump together even more making them super defined. After Im done my hair is super wet (I shake my head like a dog to remove excess water lol) and my hair actually moves even though its short. My hair has never had movement ever! and when I tilt my head to the side it actually hangs.

That progress sounds great, msdeekay!Clap

Msdeekay, make sure ur smoothing the product in from root to tip with ur fingers b4 raking with the rattail comb. This way the cast is throughly smoothed on the curls. Raking the product in with a comb only, will likely have the product not evenly distributed. So u want to smooth with ur fingers from root to tip, then rake with the comb or ur fingers. I do the same smoothing and raking motions but with my fingers. This works even on the shortest of my hairs in my previously bald area and near my edges. I also find basically finger detangling the product in my hair this way, encourages the coils to clump in bigger sections.

I may post a short video clip showing me applying one section

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 30 2014 at 5:39am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:49am

That progress sounds great, msdeekay!Clap

Msdeekay, make sure ur smoothing the product in from root to tip with ur fingers b4 raking with the rattail comb. This way the cast is throughly smoothed on the curls. Raking the product in with a comb only, will likely have the product not evenly distributed. So u want to smooth with ur fingers from root to tip, then rake with the comb or ur fingers. I do the same smoothing and raking motions but with my fingers. This works even on the shortest of my hairs in my previously bald area and near my edges. I also find basically finger detangling the product in my hair this way, encourages the coils to clump in bigger sections.

I may post a short video clip showing me applying one section

oh no I dont use the rat tail comb to rake the product I only use it to part the sections.(I went and reread my comment and I can see why you misunderstood lolLOL)
Im only using my fingers to smooth and rake the product and also to make sure the section is properly detangled. I would still love to see your video though, to see your technique. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:09am

oh no I dont use the rat tail comb to rake the product I only use it to part the sections.(I went and reread my comment and I can see why you misunderstood lolLOL)
Im only using my fingers to smooth and rake the product and also to make sure the section is properly detangled. I would still love to see your video though, to see your technique. 

oh ok, LOL TBH when i read that i was like, "...Oh boy"

Yeah, I will try and post one of me doing it.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 30 2014 at 8:15am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 9:55am

oh ok, LOL TBH when i read that i was like, "...Oh boy"

Yeah, I will try and post one of me doing it.

LOL LOL LOL @ "...Oh Boy"LOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by nebhnebh nebhnebh wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Question: Is rhassoul clay ok instead of bentonite clay? It's the clay I have right now and it's supposed to be similar, just less drying. Waiting to get everything I need to start this method. Terresentials does not sell in Canada because the label is in English only :(

Depending on what province your in, Canada Beauty Supply has it.  It is under green clay.  They even have the Aztec brand.

Provinces And Territories We Ship To:

ALBERTA

BRITISH COLUMBIA

MANITOBA

NEW BRUNSWICK

NEWFOUNLAND

NOVA SCOTIA

NUNAVUT

ONTARIO

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

QUEBEC

SASKATCHEWAN

NORTHWEST TERRITORIES

YUKON

I'm in Quebec. They have lots of clays but I still don't see the Terrasentials. I can get clay from Suds'n Scents for cheaper but I wanted to try this specific brand everyone is raving about.
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 6:17pm
^^ Oh, no that specific brand is not sold in Canada.  It is only sold in the U.S. I think.  Sorry I could not help.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:09am
msdeekay sent me an update on her hair, and also a picture.Big smile Im posting it here, and she will come and write about her progress. Your hair is looking great, msdeekay!ClapClap

Edited by pinkecube - May 01 2014 at 6:14am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:42am
I just had to share my progress today because Im soooo happy with the progress so far. I will send official pictures of my full head soon after I receive my products.....but today I had to share a close up of my hair after my wash and go. It's still damp in this picture.

Sorry guys about the weird angle was trying to take a close up of the curls at the back of my head because those are the ones that are doing extremely well. 

Im also surprised at the growth of my edges at the front and my hair in general. My hair is also very thick while previously before my big chop my hair used to be very thin.

When wet(before shrinkage) I can actually feel the hair at the back of my neck! 
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:50am

msdeekay sent me an update on her hair, and also a picture.Big smile Im posting it here, and she will come and write about her progress. Your hair is looking great, msdeekay!ClapClap

Thanks Pinke Big smile. I dont think I can thank you enough for introducing us to this regimen.

I also want to add to everyone else reading this that before I big chopped my hair never had any curls EVER.(no noticeable curls anyway) I always believed that I was a "4c no curl pattern or definition". I only started noticing some curl pattern when my hair was wet on the crown of my head when I started consistently doing GHE.(before discovering this regimen) What you see now in this picture is all because of this regimen.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 278>