Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 185>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome, Msdeekay. Your vids and blog have been helpful.

I have another question for the group - Is it absolutely necessary to do the clay step? I believe its a  clarifying step (correct me if I'm wrong) but given that I'm low on my bentonite clay (use it for skin and recently moved outside the USA so its unavailable here) I would like to do everything else to my hair. I guess I'm itching to go but have that one product holding me back. I really should be patient.

Anyway, wanted to know.

TIA.
Aww thanks so much, it really warms my heart to see the effort I put into the videos and blog posts in order to help Pinke spread the word about this wonderful regimen, is helping others.

About the regimen, someone just asked this same qn about the bentonite clay yesterday on the regimen video and this is the answer Pinke gave her.

Hi, I'm the creator of this method. no you want to do all the steps. every step works together like a system, and is multifunctional and very reliant on one another. The steps work together like parts of a map. I'm coming up with an FAQ that is going to explain this in detail and the function of each individual step in relation with the other on maxhydrationmethod.com.

There are no redundancies, otherwise they wouldn't be included as part of the regimen. These are not a bunch of random treatments thrown together. This is like going at haircare like a science. That's why, if you don't follow the regimen steps then it can't be guaranteed to work.The reason why the results work so effectively on 4c hair especially, is the use of each step in conjunction and in the exact order.

The bentonite clay step is important, because it thoroughly removes all remaining build up/product residue. it detoxes the hair gently, conditions it, makes ur coils pop, and lifts your cuticle in preparation for the leave in conditioner step. It is very important not to omit any steps if u want to see fast and the highest potential of results.

XXXXXXX

I totally understand how u feel I also live outside the US I ran out of my conditioner, gel and almost running out of bentonite clay so I ordered them and currently waiting for them. I decided to start stocking up on them so I dont run out. I also had to wait 3 weeks before starting the regimen because I was waiting for everything including ingredients for cherry lola caramel treatment LOL I couldnt wait to start!

Edited by msdeekay - Apr 29 2014 at 9:54am
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:31pm
Speaking of bentonite clay, I'm half way done with my 16 oz of Terressentials and I just got it on April 7th. I may just have to start mixing my own because it cost $30 after shipping and taxes
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:43pm
Question: Is rhassoul clay ok instead of bentonite clay? It's the clay I have right now and it's supposed to be similar, just less drying. Waiting to get everything I need to start this method. Terresentials does not sell in Canada because the label is in English only :(

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 29 2014 at 1:46pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Question: Is rhassoul clay ok instead of bentonite clay? It's the clay I have right now. Waiting to get everything I need to start this method.

I believe it is, If you look 10-15 pages back pinkie suggested a few clays that could be used for this method

I don't think I saw rhassoul in there, though. She did mention red clay... let me check again.
Edit: No, it's not mentioned. Is it an oversight, pinkie? Or it won't work?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 29 2014 at 1:49pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:47pm
pinkie I am going to start diluting my terressentials into an applicator bottke like this lady does and start adding some ACV for extra clarifying power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oVBAUCjm_I

It should still cleanse my hair properly correct? I am going through my terressentials way too quickly

Edited by aharri23 - Apr 29 2014 at 1:49pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Question: Is rhassoul clay ok instead of bentonite clay? It's the clay I have right now. Waiting to get everything I need to start this method.

I believe it is, If you look 10-15 pages back pinkie suggested a few clays that could be used for this method
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

a pound of bentonite clay costs $12.73. That will last you a few years. That is the most expensive powder clay, though i haven't calculated price value.

Edit: the Rhassoul Clay is $4.99 and 1 pound, cheapest. Actually different from red clay, but i forgot and didn't post the click-able link.
link to Rhassoul clay

will last and is LESS expensive than bentonite clay.
The most expensive clay mentioned there cost $20, the terresentials. None works better than the other, they all have the same function, although teressentials contains aloevera which may be too drying for some people.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html
@ JoliePoufiasse yes here is the post i made on rhassoul clay. Any pure clay powder will work. I have even used zeolite clay.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 29 2014 at 2:10pm
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:59pm
@awww thanks msdeekay! the welcome is much appreciatedSmile
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:05pm
for those who like the terresentials products-these stores are currently carrying them. you can avoid shipping costs

i wish a store in GA would carry them already. its been too long for them not toAngry
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinkie I am going to start diluting my terressentials into an applicator bottke like this lady does and start adding some ACV for extra clarifying power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oVBAUCjm_I

It should still cleanse my hair properly correct? I am going through my terressentials way too quickly

I don't own terresentials, but how thick is it? You don't want it to be too watery. It might not be as effective. Also, putting that much acv will really bring down the ph. So your cuticles wont be lifted in prep for the leave in step. You might not get as good results

What about adding some more clay powder to the terresentials and then water? That would be a cost effective option and it will still function the same

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 29 2014 at 2:15pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 185>