Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 288>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 76077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Hey pinkcube, could you give me a brief description of the purpose of the cherry lola reatment or direct me to a good source? It it moisturizing? Clarifying? Protein infused? etc? I've heard about it but I still don't know what it is.


The purpose of the cherry lola treatment is to temporarily lift the cuticle so moisture can get in, this is especially important for low porosity hair. The yogurt also makes it a mild protein treamtent.

 My modified treatment combines the conditioning effect of the caramel treatment and this treatment, btw.

Thanks, will this permanently increase porosity?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6138
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

And will it affect my texture?


The treatment will not change the texture or break bonds in the hair. The changes are in tie with the natural behavior of the cuticle, opening and closing. So just like rinsing your hair with hot/warm water does not change the texture, neither will this. When the cuticle opens, it is temporary. Then you take advantage by deep conditioning afterward, because now your cuticles are open to absorbing the moisture in to the cortex. This retained moisture=better curl definition, not looser curls. Although curls may clump into bigger sections, due to added weight, and also depending on your hair length.

Ohh okay, thanks for the info!


No problemSmile
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 76077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

And will it affect my texture?


The treatment will not change the texture or break bonds in the hair. The changes are in tie with the natural behavior of the cuticle, opening and closing. So just like rinsing your hair with hot/warm water does not change the texture, neither will this. When the cuticle opens, it is temporary. Then you take advantage by deep conditioning afterward, because now your cuticles are open to absorbing the moisture in to the cortex. This retained moisture=better curl definition, not looser curls. Although curls may clump into bigger sections, due to added weight, and also depending on your hair length.

Ohh okay, thanks for the info!
Back to Top
msdeekay View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 18 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 3028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:12am
Wow Pinke your hair looks great, thanks for sharing your progress :)Clap
Back to Top
BitterSweet85 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 26 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1630
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BitterSweet85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:00am
@Pink thanx so much for your dedication towards helping us. I really appreciate it. This regimen is going to get my hair right..finally lol. Msdeekay and aharri thanx for your input as well.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6138
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by BitterSweet85 BitterSweet85 wrote:

@Pink thanx so much for your dedication towards helping us. I really appreciate it. This regimen is going to get my hair right..finally lol. Msdeekay and aharri thanx for your input as well.


Absolutely no problem!Big smile

I'm glad this message, and information is getting out there and being appreciated. 4c and 4b hair is the most mysterious hair type. Ppl have so much confusion and misnomers, because they don't realize their hair needs to be taken care of in a completely different way to garner the results they have been wanting. I'm so passionate about this because I really feel the type 4c and 4b community has been getting advice from all the wrong places. This regimen will change the type 4 community forever.Star

If you try it for the 1st 7 consecutive days(or more) don't forget to post ur testimony or before and after pics. This helps ppl know this is not a myth, and it will work for all 4c and 4b hair types.
Back to Top
BitterSweet85 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 26 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1630
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterSweet85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:07am
Quick question. Does the sweet orange oil in the Tresseme Naturals conditioner..pose a major threat towards achieving Max Hydration? The other conditioners arent in my price range rite now.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6138
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:14am
Originally posted by BitterSweet85 BitterSweet85 wrote:

Quick question. Does the sweet orange oil in the Tresseme Naturals conditioner..pose a major threat towards achieving Max Hydration? The other conditioners arent in my price range rite now.


The trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner actually costs $3 at trader Joes'. If u don't leave near, just stock up on them when u get get to a trader joes to save gas.

The sweet orange isn't what makes this conditioner drying. It's the alcohol and glycerin in the ingredients, since the changed the formulation, but barely changed the name.

I think u can get the unchanged formula, it is only available on that website link provided. It is also possible maybe the site hasn't updated the ingredient change so i can't guarentee u wont get the drying formula. My conditioner recommendated list is actually incomplete, I still have to research ingredients of others and etc. I'm going to continue that search when i can.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html
Back to Top
solomonsydelle View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 09 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 484
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:15am
I'm a lurker but wanted to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. The education is priceless. My daughter and I are going to try this method.

For anyone curious about the danger of chemicals in our hair products (given that MHM stresses avoiding drying and as a consequence, certain carcinogenic chemicals), visit http://www.ewg.org - http://www.ewg.org. The site allows you to quickly glance through the bio-environmental and human health risks with links to research and other information.

Finally, I have one small question. Has anyone tried to straighten max hydrated hair? What was the result? Did the hair revert once washed? I ask this because I want to know whether infrequent straight styles are ever an option with MHM.

Thanks everyone!
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6138
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

I'm a lurker but wanted to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. The education is priceless. My daughter and I are going to try this method.

For anyone curious about the danger of chemicals in our hair products (given that MHM stresses avoiding drying and as a consequence, certain carcinogenic chemicals), visit http://www.ewg.org - http://www.ewg.org. The site allows you to quickly glance through the bio-environmental and human health risks with links to research and other information.

Finally, I have one small question. Has anyone tried to straighten max hydrated hair? What was the result? Did the hair revert once washed? I ask this because I want to know whether infrequent straight styles are ever an option with MHM.

Thanks everyone!

Awesome! Big smile This is great to here more people trying it! Thank you for commenting and showing your support, and thank you for the links you provided.

I would stay away from heat until getting max hydration. The reason is you want to build up the moisture retention levels first, and heat takes away from it.

However once max hydration is reached, you can decide you want to do different styles from time to time, and not strictly wash and gos. I know from doing bantu knots recently that this method increases the results of the styles you do, and make them last longer and turn out consistently better with out need for heavy use of product.

when i first began the method when i experimented using a blowdryer to dry and stretch my curls, my hair completely frizzed out. Looked like I didn't moisturize my hair for weeks, my hair felt super dry and the definition was looong gone, lol. So I think those heat styles should be saved at least until max hydration is reached. and even then, I would limit heat.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 288>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down