Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 193>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:33am
Everyone, I'm happy to see y'all are getting success. 

www.maxhydrationmethod.com is underway

It would help a bunch if you would take this survey for us to learn more about your hair and how MHM can help!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1c2i1tI1-so51OfFeAB6zJtaEH0JbmIVtRwZYEau6v7U/viewform?usp=send_form

Thankyou!
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 1:24pm
Uploaded a demonstration video. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCu61TEMhgE&feature=youtu.be
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Thanks aharri, Great video! Those curls were popping, btwThumbs Up
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Thanks pinke! I wanted to make this video to help people and make sure I was doing the regimen correctly. Good to know that I am.

Appreciate all the work you've done. It's time for society to change their views about "nappy" hair and realize it's a misguided term.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 11:47pm

Thanks pinke! I wanted to make this video to help people and make sure I was doing the regimen correctly. Good to know that I am.

Appreciate all the work you've done. It's time for society to change their views about "nappy" hair and realize it's a misguided term.

Aharri the only thing i would change is to use a shower cap and scarf during the warm conditioner step(for 10 mins), and also make sure that spray bottle is warm water. Other than that, yes u did everything correctly. Thumbs UpAgain, thanks so much for creating this video. It really helpsBig smile

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 26 2014 at 11:47pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:18am

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Pinke I have a quick question whenever you have time can you gimme your 2cents on this. I was watching a video and the lady was ranting about this type 4 hair cant do wash and goes topic, and she was saying the only reason a type 4 natural shouldnt consider wash and gos is because type 4 hair is prone to knots and tangling and breakage when doing a wash and go, so if your goal is length retention then wash and gos arent for you...
in my opinion from what I understand concerning the maximum hydration method is, due to higher moisture retention levels there will be clumping hence minimal knots or tangles and also due to regularly doing the regimen you shouldnt have a lot of shed hair stuck causing knots and tangles, therefore with this regimen length retention should be possible...am I right? what do you think?

exactly. A lot of the time when wash and goes are done on type 4 hair that isn't maximally hydrated, the hair does not clump, and looks almost like there is no product in it, or a shrunken clump-free fro. This lack of clumping, is soley caused by lack of moisture retention in the cortex.

With lack of moisture retention in the cortex, the hair is very lightweight. The more lightweight your coils are, the more prone they are to over-shinking. So you'll have a 4c coil that not only springs into a tight coil(which it is supposed to do), but also repeatedly, and randomly loops back over upon itself(which it should not be doing).

This causes the individual coils to be unable to have a uniform pattern down the strand, and also makes it so you get prone single strand, two strand knots, matting, locing, and tangling when you try to wear your hair loose. Single strand knots also make the individual coil strands want to bend in weird angles further disrupting the uniform pattern of the hair strand.

Over all with all these different strands bending and twisting and randomly re-looping upon itself, it makes it impossible for the coils for form a uniform pattern that will readily clump together. It helps to think of each strand like a puzzle piece.

The Maximum hydration method wash and go, is actually is better at preventing tangles than most of the other protective styles done. Once you retain length in the cortex, your hair isn't as lightweight, so many of the negative impacts of lightweight hair that effects type 4 hair, doesn't actually happen. In fact the entire point of the method is to make your hair less lightweight by retaining maximum moisture in the hair cortex.

MHM wash and gos are actually the ultimate protective style. The gel works to hold the clumped curl perpetually in that state and prevents it from tangling on other curl units. This makes it more effective in retaining length. I remember doing small twists and various protective styles, where they would actually encourage knots, dryness, and split ends, and i end up trimming and pulling all my retained length away. It was very frustrating because it took a lot of discipline to hide my hair most of the time, only to not get the results i expected. Where as now my hair seems to be growing at a faster rate than it was before, and I don't get those single strand knots and matting anymore.

I've actually got an faq topic in regard to the ultimate flaw in protective styling too, which i finished yesterday.

Thanks so much for the in depth answer as always, really looking forward to the FAQ(no pressure btw)
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:20am

Great video aharri, your hair is doing great! Clap thanks for sharing, I know its not easy shooting a Demo.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Everyone, I'm happy to see y'all are getting success. 

www.maxhydrationmethod.com is underway

It would help a bunch if you would take this survey for us to learn more about your hair and how MHM can help!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1c2i1tI1-so51OfFeAB6zJtaEH0JbmIVtRwZYEau6v7U/viewform?usp=send_form

Thankyou!

YAY looking forward to the official launch.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:26am

Pinke I have a quick question whenever you have time can you gimme your 2cents on this. I was watching a video and the lady was ranting about this type 4 hair cant do wash and goes topic, and she was saying the only reason a type 4 natural shouldnt consider wash and gos is because type 4 hair is prone to knots and tangling and breakage when doing a wash and go, so if your goal is length retention then wash and gos arent for you...
in my opinion from what I understand concerning the maximum hydration method is, due to higher moisture retention levels there will be clumping hence minimal knots or tangles and also due to regularly doing the regimen you shouldnt have a lot of shed hair stuck causing knots and tangles, therefore with this regimen length retention should be possible...am I right? what do you think?

exactly. A lot of the time when wash and goes are done on type 4 hair that isn't maximally hydrated, the hair does not clump, and looks almost like there is no product in it, or a shrunken clump-free fro. This lack of clumping, is soley caused by lack of moisture retention in the cortex.

With lack of moisture retention in the cortex, the hair is very lightweight. The more lightweight your coils are, the more prone they are to over-shinking. So you'll have a 4c coil that not only springs into a tight coil(which it is supposed to do), but also repeatedly, and randomly loops back over upon itself(which it should not be doing).

This causes the individual coils to be unable to have a uniform pattern down the strand, and also makes it so you get prone single strand, two strand knots, matting, locing, and tangling when you try to wear your hair loose. Single strand knots also make the individual coil strands want to bend in weird angles further disrupting the uniform pattern of the hair strand.

Over all with all these different strands bending and twisting and randomly re-looping upon itself, it makes it impossible for the coils for form a uniform pattern that will readily clump together. It helps to think of each strand like a puzzle piece.

The Maximum hydration method wash and go, is actually is better at preventing tangles than most of the other protective styles done. Once you retain length in the cortex, your hair isn't as lightweight, so many of the negative impacts of lightweight hair that effects type 4 hair, doesn't actually happen. In fact the entire point of the method is to make your hair less lightweight by retaining maximum moisture in the hair cortex.

MHM wash and gos are actually the ultimate protective style. The gel works to hold the clumped curl perpetually in that state and prevents it from tangling on other curl units. This makes it more effective in retaining length. I remember doing small twists and various protective styles, where they would actually encourage knots, dryness, and split ends, and i end up trimming and pulling all my retained length away. It was very frustrating because it took a lot of discipline to hide my hair most of the time, only to not get the results i expected. Where as now my hair seems to be growing at a faster rate than it was before, and I don't get those single strand knots and matting anymore.

I've actually got an faq topic in regard to the ultimate flaw in protective styling too, which i finished yesterday.

Thanks so much for the in depth answer as always, really looking forward to the FAQ(no pressure btw)

No problem Msdeekay
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:28am

Yes!!! I cant wait till we get rid of all these misconceptions and everyone can just love and enjoy their hair :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 193>
  Share Topic