Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 243>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 3:12am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Okay then those Giovanni conditioners wont work for me then. I have the Green tea one and the Moisture one. Hmmm must get this regimen right. I'll have to look into other brands then. I'm learning something new every day.

So are you telling me that dry 4c hair can be transformed to nourished defined curls? I haven't seen anyone with 4c hair that started dry and has been transformed. The videos that you loaded in that other thread didn't have a good representation of my type of hair. I'm open and willing to try anything at this point since my hair is super short.

Why do you say that? I thought Giovanni conditioners were natural.  I have the direct leave-in and The Smooth as silk conditioner. Will it defeat the purpose of the whole system if I use those?
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

One more question:

So let,s say I do the Cherry lola while watching tv one evening, rinse out after 2 hours, apply deep conditioner, cover with a plastic cap and go to bed.

Can I start step 1-5 immediately the next morning after I rinse out the deep conditioner?

I'm asking because step 1 is clarifying. Wouldn't that undo all the benefits of me DCing overnight? Why spend an evening moisturizing your hair just so you can strip it first thing in the morning?

You are right, When doing the Cherry Lola Treatment the next day after deep conditioning, you would skip step  1 clarifying and go directly to step 3 Bentonite Clay.

The following day is when you would start your regimen with step 1 clarifying
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Okay then those Giovanni conditioners wont work for me then. I have the Green tea one and the Moisture one. Hmmm must get this regimen right. I'll have to look into other brands then. I'm learning something new every day.

So are you telling me that dry 4c hair can be transformed to nourished defined curls? I haven't seen anyone with 4c hair that started dry and has been transformed. The videos that you loaded in that other thread didn't have a good representation of my type of hair. I'm open and willing to try anything at this point since my hair is super short. 

Why do you say that? I thought Giovanni conditioners were natural.  I have the direct leave-in and The Smooth as silk conditioner. Will it defeat the purpose of the whole system if I use those?

I hope Pinkie is ok haven't heard from her in a while, she is usually quick about answering questions….

Im not sure about the ingredients in the specific giovanni products you mentioned but I'll attempt to answer your question. I know I had the tree tingle which markets itself as eco chic and I asked her about it, she looked into the ingredients and said it had I quote "salts, humectants, ethanolamine and ethanols. all have properties that draw moisture from cortex" .

She also calls them drying agents

See her response about the giovanni tea tree tingle at page

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page11.html

These are the things we need to avoid
silicones, sulfates, parabens, mineral oils, denatured protein, glycerin greasy oils, heavy butters, salts and drying alcohols.

I have found that at the end of the day there are very few products that do not have all these things.
She has a cheat sheet of recommended conditioners, gels and clays on this page

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:39am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

For those of you using KCCC, I just bought the 16 oz size of iHerb for 24.99 ( $5 off with coupon code and no tax) and it comes with free shipping if you're in the US on any order over 20$. It's a really good deal since the 8 oz size is $17 so if you buy two of those then thats $34 plus tax. You're saving $10!

http://www.iherb.com/Kinky-Curly-Original-Curling-Custard-Natural-Styling-Gel-16-oz-472-ml/40510#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kinky-curly&rc=16&sr=null&ic=10

Coupon Code: SMS757

Hope I helped
I've never purchased anything from iherb but I've heard good things about it. Im not in the US but I will check the site out and see if its much better for me than amazon.co.uk thanks for the tip aharri Clap Coz Lord knows I need to stock up on that KCCC LOL

Edited by msdeekay - Apr 23 2014 at 9:45am
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 9:39am
this is extremely informative! 

i am still confused as to the steps so i will follow your journeys and begin this regimen within a few weeks to make sure i understand and develop a routine. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 9:41am

For those of you using KCCC, I just bought the 16 oz size of iHerb for 24.99 ( $5 off with coupon code and no tax) and it comes with free shipping if you're in the US on any order over 20$. It's a really good deal since the 8 oz size is $17 so if you buy two of those then thats $34 plus tax. You're saving $10!

http://www.iherb.com/Kinky-Curly-Original-Curling-Custard-Natural-Styling-Gel-16-oz-472-ml/40510#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kinky-curly&rc=16&sr=null&ic=10

Hope I helped

i was just about to say!! we need a gallon size or something if we are planning to do this daily. thank you for this aharri!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Some things i've been noticing about my hair

• The area that had the bald spot is retaining length, I measured yesterday and it is 4 inches, where as last time i measured about 2 1/2 months ago it was 2.5 inches. I also notice retained length at my widows peak. Despite the shrinkage, it is 2 inches. My edges are filling in well.

• My hair gets really defined, root to tip definition everywhere, including most recently my widow's peak and the shorter 4c hairs on the edges next to my ears

• I have shake and movement. First day hair blows in the wind and I can whip my hair back and forth even when it's 85% dry. Also if i lean my head side to side, my hair falls and swings instead of just being stiff and unmovable.

• I have movement also on second day hair, when it's entirely dry even if i do not rewett it. I also notice movement when i stretch my wash and gos

• My wash and goes last longer. I could probably stretch them to a whole week if i wanted. B4, even when my hair was brastrap, i found my self even disliking my first day wash and go It was always so crunchy and stiff, but my hair wouldn't look like i put product at all. I would redo it every morning, or not wear it for more than one day.

• Maintenence is very easy. I dont have to fuss and worry my hair will mess up. Like today, I got dressed after defining my hair b/c i forgot. I thought that when i put on my tshirt the back of my hair would get ruined and i panicked b/c i felt my hair really rub on the collar of my shirt as i put it on. But the curls were fine, even though they were still wet the definition wasn't effected.

• Definition comes easily, I dont have to twirl sections or force a curl, i just make sure the product (conditioner then gel) is evenly distributed, and rake and the clumps form. In fact the clumps start to form by the time i rake the conditioner in. I don't use gel to force a curl like i used to. This takes be about 25-30 minutes total.

• I am using less product, and do not have to be heavy handed. I also can water down my conditioner

• My hair feels soft and has great spring-back, easier to handle. My nape feels almost silky.

• When time comes to detangle, it isn't a struggle and i never have single strand knots. If i do get knots or tangles its the ones from shed hairs, but they only show up if i stretch my wash and go too long and let it get frizzy. They are easy to unravel during cowash step, i find i just have to be thorough and rake and smooth in thinner rows.

• My hair hangs more, and falls in anyway i'd like to style it. No more of the afro mullet shape.

• My hair is showing signs of max hydration. Even after thoroughly clarifying, and no product, definition is there. Some areas now have total max hydration, for example almost all my 4a hairs seem to have max hydration now, no doubt. Root to tip definition is visible with no product. The 4as that seem to be a bit dryer are at my very nape. Some 4c's and 4b's have max hydration as well. Majority of other hairs are defined about halfway up the strand, now. Some hairs that have just started to define are about 25% there. All hairs clump root to tip with conditioner now.

• Set styles come out more defined, with out the need of excessive butters, also resists frizzing out, even though i wore it in light rainfall, with no umbrella. (I actually did a bantu knot out sometime 2 weeks ago. Will post the pictures when i can.) It was also easy to separate, i actually had no issues upon separation, and also great spring-back. One of the reasons i used to be frustrated with set styles, is i would have to choose between body or definition. Now i can have both, without the parts showing.  I sectioned my hair into 7 rows, and each row had a drop of castor oil, and two drops of olive oil to seal in the watered down conditioner Better results then my old bantu knot out, and i didn't have to use a heavy amount of shea butter or conditioner or wait two days.

• I feel so satisfied and comfortable and in control of my hair now. My hair is no longer a source of frustration.

i hope you don't mind that i quoted this pinkie but this is truly amazing! i can't believe you are experiencing this just by using this regimen little over a monthClap can you imagine where your hair will be next year from now?? i am so excited! i can't wait to start. i just need to make sure i understand all of the steps. we really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us. this gives me hopeSmile
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 11:38am
pinkie I am trying to use up products I had bought before starting this method then I will switch to using KCCC/KCKT/Trader Joes for all steps.

For step 1 I have been mixing CJ Daily Fix cowash with baking soda and also trying to use up my eden's bodyworks co wash

CJ Daily fix Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG -7 Olivate, Guar Hydroxypropytrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Matricaria Recuitita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 60, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance.

Edens Bodyworks CoWash Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Butryospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vegetable Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol

I hope there arent any drying ingredients preventing max hydration, but I would like to use them up since I paid $17 for CJ Daily Fix and $8 for the Eden Bodyworks
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

Hope I helped

i was just about to say!! we need a gallon size or something if we are planning to do this daily. thank you for this aharri!

No problem :) They only sell the 16 oz side at whole foods which is like an hour away from me. I live near target but they only sell the 8 oz. I figure for 16 oz for $24.99 is a good deal since this is pretty much the only gel I'll be using from now on
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:37am

For those of you confused about the regimen I made a video explaining it, hope it helpsSmile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 243>