Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 178>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 4:51pm
How i water down my conditioner, kckt is very thick. I do the same with trader joes, only trader joes is a little less thick.
pour a little conditioner (about 4 or 5 squirts.)
add water
shake(I ended up adding more water, you can see where i added it b/c the bottom is clear. after shaking it though, the whole thing foamed)

wat is left after doing my wash and go. I'll use the left over for my dc step when i redo my hair.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 20 2014 at 4:52pm
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:28am
yay pinkecube your progress is amazing and encouraging cant wait to get there!Clapalso thanks for the kckt tip I just ran out aCrynd Im waiting for my bottle to arrive I will be doing this next time so it can last longer. I started doing it too late last time. In the meantime im doing ghe. 

Edited by msdeekay - Apr 21 2014 at 4:29am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:29am
I have a question about the Cherry Lola treatment. You say to deep condition right after. What do you mean by that? Do you mean that yet another conditioning product has to be used after the Cherry Lola mixture is rinsed out? Or do you just mean that after applying the mixture, you either ghe overnight or go under the steamer? What constitutes deep conditioning? I initially assumed that the Cherry Lola itself was the deep conditioner.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 21 2014 at 9:44am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:43am
Also, are Giovanni products ok for the other steps (1-5) or not?
I have Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner and Giovanni direct leave-in. I also have Organix Smoothing Shea Butter conditioner (I have a lot of stuff I need to use up!)

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 21 2014 at 9:43am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 10:10am
[QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse]I have a question about the Cherry Lola treatment. You say to deep condition right after. What do you mean by that? Do you mean that yet another conditioning product has to be used after the Cherry Lola mixture is rinsed out? Or do you just mean that after applying the mixture, you either ghe overnight or go under the steamer? What constitutes deep conditioning? I initially assumed that the Cherry Lola itself was the deep conditioner.[/QUOTE
The Cherry Lola Treatment helps to open up the cuticles to allow the hair to accept moisture more readily. After the treatment you can rinse it out, apply a botanical conditioner to your hair, put a shower cap and a satin scarf and leave it on over night. That would be your overnight deep conditioning treatment. I use KCKT for this,the baking soda treatment, as my cowash and my leave in. Therefore all you really need is one botanical conditioner that is multipurpose for everything you ever do with this regimen

Im sure Pinkie will be here soon to give you an in depth explanation of the Cherry Lola and also to answer your questions about the conditioners you mentioned below.Wink
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 10:22am
^^Thanks, deekay!
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 10:21pm
I threw away my 4naturals spring back custard. It was a good product but it was too liquidy and it was hard to control the amount I applied. I threw it away because I hate having to look at products that I don't really want to use. Also it is a bit more drying than KCCC. I'll just suck it up and stick with KCCC as my styler even though im a broke college student :( and stop trying to find a new cheaper styler lol

Edited by aharri23 - Apr 21 2014 at 10:21pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 10:43pm
For those of you using KCCC, I just bought the 16 oz size of iHerb for 24.99 ( $5 off with coupon code and no tax) and it comes with free shipping if you're in the US on any order over 20$. It's a really good deal since the 8 oz size is $17 so if you buy two of those then thats $34 plus tax. You're saving $10!

http://www.iherb.com/Kinky-Curly-Original-Curling-Custard-Natural-Styling-Gel-16-oz-472-ml/40510#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kinky-curly&rc=16&sr=null&ic=10

Coupon Code: SMS757

Hope I helped

Edited by aharri23 - Apr 22 2014 at 1:33pm
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I have a question about the Cherry Lola treatment. You say to deep condition right after. What do you mean by that? Do you mean that yet another conditioning product has to be used after the Cherry Lola mixture is rinsed out? Or do you just mean that after applying the mixture, you either ghe overnight or go under the steamer? What constitutes deep conditioning? I initially assumed that the Cherry Lola itself was the deep conditioner.

The cherry Lola is a protein treatment not a deep conditioner
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 3:08am
One more question:

So let,s say I do the Cherry lola while watching tv one evening, rinse out after 2 hours, apply deep conditioner, cover with a plastic cap and go to bed.

Can I start step 1-5 immediately the next morning after I rinse out the deep conditioner?

I'm asking because step 1 is clarifying. Wouldn't that undo all the benefits of me DCing overnight? Why spend an evening moisturizing your hair just so you can strip it first thing in the morning?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 22 2014 at 3:09am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 178>