Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:12am
http://public.fotki.com/pinkecarrot/

I noticed some of the pictures i have uploaded previous are not loading properly anymore. So there is now a direct link to my fotoki account where i upload the pictures first before posting them here
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:18pm
#teamMaxHydration! I'm all in now. Never going back to the other stuff. I need to do the cherry lola though.

I rewetted my 2nd day hair today and it looked like a fresh wash n go. Possibly better than yesterday as far as curl definition! I love this method.

If someone would've explained this to me when I first started growing out my hair I would have saved so much money and headache.

Edited by aharri23 - Apr 17 2014 at 2:19pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:41pm
[/QUOTE]
Yay! Big smileagain, great job on the video msdeekay. I'm really happy to hear you're seeing signs of increased moisture retention.Clap ClapThat weight and being able to shake your hair is a huge break through-- and it's going to get even more apparent overtime to the point where it shakes even when dry. Next time some one asks you, just tell them to google the max hydration method. This forum post comes out as the first result. It would be great to spread the word at events like that.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pinkie Big smile You know what!!! The compliments took me by surprise I simply wasnt expecting them. From now onwards I'll start directing people here. We need business cards LOL

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

#teamMaxHydration! I'm all in now. Never going back to the other stuff. I need to do the cherry lola though.

I rewetted my 2nd day hair today and it looked like a fresh wash n go. Possibly better than yesterday as far as curl definition! I love this method.

If someone would've explained this to me when I first started growing out my hair I would have saved so much money and headache.

Definitely #teamMaxHydration all the way...I feel the same way like my whole Natural Hair Journey was cheated! LOL Better now than never I guess LOL

Edited by msdeekay - Apr 17 2014 at 2:47pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:36pm
Whenever I see dry curls I cringe a little inside. I want to tell them about this method, but I figure people will get lost and not seem to care.

Oh well I can't save everyone. Lol
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Whenever I see dry curls I cringe a little inside. I want to tell them about this method, but I figure people will get lost and not seem to care.

Oh well I can't save everyone. Lol

LOL Well if they ask just tell them. Or you could bring it up in conversation casually like, "I've been doing this method recently on my hair" tell them improvements you have noticed, and then tell them to check it out for them self by googling max hydration method to see for themselves all the details and what it is specifically. You don't have to explain the whole thing to them, just be brief and get their curiosity peaked a little in casual conversation, and give them the opportunity to look it up for themselves so they know what to search for when they are ready.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 7:23pm
Aharri's Max Hydration Video!!ClapBig smile

Thank you for making this video aharri, it's great! #teamMaxHydration!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 12:48am
Yay Aharri, thanks for sharing your progress your hair looks great Big smileClap subbed and will be following your progress
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 11:33am
Thank you guys for watching my video! I wish I would've stumbled upon this method when my hair was like 11-12 inches, but better late than never! I hope I can get back to where I used to be
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 3:58pm
Some things i've been noticing about my hair

• The area that had the bald spot is retaining length, I measured yesterday and it is 4 inches, where as last time i measured about 2 1/2 months ago it was 2.5 inches. I also notice retained length at my widows peak. Despite the shrinkage, it is 2 inches. My edges are filling in well.

• My hair gets really defined, root to tip definition everywhere, including most recently my widow's peak and the shorter 4c hairs on the edges next to my ears

• I have shake and movement. First day hair blows in the wind and I can whip my hair back and forth even when it's 85% dry. Also if i lean my head side to side, my hair falls and swings instead of just being stiff and unmovable.

• I have movement also on second day hair, when it's entirely dry even if i do not rewett it. I also notice movement when i stretch my wash and gos

• My wash and goes last longer. I could probably stretch them to a whole week if i wanted. B4, even when my hair was brastrap, i found my self even disliking my first day wash and go It was always so crunchy and stiff, but my hair wouldn't look like i put product at all. I would redo it every morning, or not wear it for more than one day.

• Maintenence is very easy. I dont have to fuss and worry my hair will mess up. Like today, I got dressed after defining my hair b/c i forgot. I thought that when i put on my tshirt the back of my hair would get ruined and i panicked b/c i felt my hair really rub on the collar of my shirt as i put it on. But the curls were fine, even though they were still wet the definition wasn't effected.

• Definition comes easily, I dont have to twirl sections or force a curl, i just make sure the product (conditioner then gel) is evenly distributed, and rake and the clumps form. In fact the clumps start to form by the time i rake the conditioner in. I don't use gel to force a curl like i used to. This takes be about 25-30 minutes total.

• I am using less product, and do not have to be heavy handed. I also can water down my conditioner

• My hair feels soft and has great spring-back, easier to handle. My nape feels almost silky.

• When time comes to detangle, it isn't a struggle and i never have single strand knots. If i do get knots or tangles its the ones from shed hairs, but they only show up if i stretch my wash and go too long and let it get frizzy. They are easy to unravel during cowash step, i find i just have to be thorough and rake and smooth in thinner rows.

• My hair hangs more, and falls in anyway i'd like to style it. No more of the afro mullet shape.

• My hair is showing signs of max hydration. Even after thoroughly clarifying, and no product, definition is there. Some areas now have total max hydration, for example almost all my 4a hairs seem to have max hydration now, no doubt. Root to tip definition is visible with no product. The 4as that seem to be a bit dryer are at my very nape. Some 4c's and 4b's have max hydration as well. Majority of other hairs are defined about halfway up the strand, now. Some hairs that have just started to define are about 25% there. All hairs clump root to tip with conditioner now.

• Set styles come out more defined, with out the need of excessive butters, also resists frizzing out, even though i wore it in light rainfall, with no umbrella. (I actually did a bantu knot out sometime 2 weeks ago. Will post the pictures when i can.) It was also easy to separate, i actually had no issues upon separation, and also great spring-back. One of the reasons i used to be frustrated with set styles, is i would have to choose between body or definition. Now i can have both, without the parts showing.  I sectioned my hair into 7 rows, and each row had a drop of castor oil, and two drops of olive oil to seal in the watered down conditioner Better results then my old bantu knot out, and i didn't have to use a heavy amount of shea butter or conditioner or wait two days.

• I feel so satisfied and comfortable and in control of my hair now. My hair is no longer a source of frustration.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 292>
  Share Topic