Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Maybe im doing something wrong. Perhaps my hair type is the type that cannot curl. It clumps but just clumps of frizz.

1.5 inches and shorter

if your hair is an inch or shorter, you wouldnt be able to really do these techniques. Rubbing it all over your head might not work for tighter coils, plus you'd be asking for flakes. The most effective way would be to focus on one area at a time, using your fingers in and moving very fast in sharp small circular motions. You want to focus on the root of the curl. You want to put the weight on your elbows, not your fingertips, and just apply conditioner and then gel as you go along.

I really wanted to make sure ppl see this, because i forgot to add it until this morning.(I have edited it in now) Focus on the root of the curl with your fingers.If you just swirl the top, it wont work effectively. That's why palm rolling or finger rolling over the hair wont give you root to tip definition on your tighter coils. Basically you want to think about it like youre giving your self a scalp massage.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 17 2014 at 8:26am
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by nebhnebh nebhnebh wrote:

Your hair looks good Pinkiecube Clap  I did the clay rinse once and it made my 4a hair one big frizz Ouch  I had to do an acv treatment and condish afterwards to get my coils back.  I will be using all this clay to do mud washes in the future.  But I am looking forward to seeing all the progress in this thread.

Thanks, nebhnebh. Smile I had a similar result when i did baking soda for the first time, just using plain water and bakingsoda on hair that only had oil and conditioner in it from the day before. It was like my hair would not take to the conditioner and even my 4a at the nape completely frizzed out. I too did a quick splash of acv mixture on my hair afterward and my hair instantly curled back. The reason i mention this is both clay and baking-soda are alkaline. The mixture that i recommend includes honey and oil, plus you would be doing it after some form of a cowash, so it won't have that effect. The bentonite clay can leave the hair a bit squeaky when you make it thick, but then your hair feels super curly at the roots especially, soft, and just zaps in the conditioner when you apply it, increasing your moisture retention in the end. That's why the method is designed to do everything in conjunction.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 16 2014 at 2:46pm
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:15pm
When you put it that way I can see your point (4c being tight ringlets instead of frizz).
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:44pm
i realized i missed forgot to upload the pictures showing the front side of his head.

4c and 4b hairs.

the coils are 4c, not 4a. Before doing the regimen(partially) on his head, there was no visible curl cluming. The 4a sections though already showed more clumping, though know where near the degree after adding product. the wispy almost spiky looking strands are 4b hairs. They wanted to clump into a zig zag, and also had the least weight so they stood almost spiky. If i had properly done step 2 and 3, he would have gotten better results. The white stuff was me trying to apply conditioner over top the gel, but that wasn't happening so i stopped.

4a hair

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 16 2014 at 7:46pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:46pm
Bought some actual measuring cups and a funnel so I can properly mix my baking soda & conditioner into an applicator bottle with the correct measurements.

pinkie are you using KCKT for all the steps or Trader Joes Tingle conditioner?

also what are you using for the clay step?

Also I saw a gel and I wanted to know if it was MHM friendly

Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Gel
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Parfum/Fragrance, Limonene, Citronellol, Linalool, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum.

Edited by aharri23 - Apr 16 2014 at 7:48pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:47pm
Oops i totally didnt see glycerin. Guess that answers my question. Sorry
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Bought some actual measuring cups and a funnel so I can properly mix my baking soda & conditioner into an applicator bottle with the correct measurements.

pinkie are you using KCKT for all the steps or Trader Joes Tingle conditioner?

Also I saw a gel and I wanted to know if it was MHM friendly

Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Gel
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Parfum/Fragrance, Limonene, Citronellol, Linalool, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum.

Well i still have a bit of Trader joes conditioner (half a centimeter full before i watered it down to 1/5 the bottle to use on my friends brother), but i have now used kckt for all my steps in my most recent wash and go. both products work the same, i find kckt to be thicker than Trader joes though. I also like the fact kckt has zero protein. Tj has soy protein near the bottom of the list.

as for the gel i'd avoid it. aside from the glycerin and sorbitol(both are humectants and astringents), it's got benzyl alcohol in the top 5 ingredients.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 17 2014 at 8:30am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:07am
MsDeekay's First Max Hydration VideoBig smileClap(this is filmed before starting the method, and she'll be documenting her results further as she continues)

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 17 2014 at 9:08am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:50am
Thanks for sharing the video Pinkie. I decided to start with the misconceptions of type 4 hair to introduce to others what this method is all about before I start documenting the process. Kind of to give them a background if they havent visited this post and are unaware of this method.

I also want to give you all an update on my hair for the first time ever I have noticed my hair actually getting soaked up with water when wet. I used to think my hair was wet but apparently not, it has never been this wet before. These past two days I think my cuticles have really been drinking up the water and I finally experienced my hair being soaking wet! and its actually getting weighed down by the water to the fact I can actually shake it back and forth and it has movement after the wash and go, when wet! something I had never ever experienced before.

Also the curls are becoming more apparent, yesterday I went to an event and got lots of compliments on my hair. They kept asking me where I went to get my hair done and I just told them I do it myself. In which I was told Im doing a very good jobLOL lol thanks to Pinkie

I wish I had taken pictures but I was running late and actually went with semi wet hair.

Edited by msdeekay - Apr 17 2014 at 9:53am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:28am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Thanks for sharing the video Pinkie. I decided to start with the misconceptions of type 4 hair to introduce to others what this method is all about before I start documenting the process. Kind of to give them a background if they havent visited this post and are unaware of this method.

I also want to give you all an update on my hair for the first time ever I have noticed my hair actually getting soaked up with water when wet. I used to think my hair was wet but apparently not, it has never been this wet before. These past two days I think my cuticles have really been drinking up the water and I finally experienced my hair being soaking wet! and its actually getting weighed down by the water to the fact I can actually shake it back and forth and it has movement after the wash and go, when wet! something I had never ever experienced before.

Also the curls are becoming more apparent, yesterday I went to an event and got lots of compliments on my hair. They kept asking me where I went to get my hair done and I just told them I do it myself. In which I was told Im doing a very good jobLOL lol thanks to Pinkie

I wish I had taken pictures but I was running late and actually went with semi wet hair.

Yay! Big smileagain, great job on the video msdeekay. I'm really happy to hear you're seeing signs of increased moisture retention.Clap ClapThat weight and being able to shake your hair is a huge break through-- and it's going to get even more apparent overtime to the point where it shakes even when dry. Next time some one asks you, just tell them to google the max hydration method. This forum post comes out as the first result. It would be great to spread the word at events like that.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 17 2014 at 10:29am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 288>
  Share Topic