Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:28pm
Maybe im doing something wrong. Perhaps my hair type is the type that cannot curl. It clumps but just clumps of frizz.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Maybe im doing something wrong. Perhaps my hair type is the type that cannot curl. It clumps but just clumps of frizz.

All hair types will clump if you are doing all the steps and implementing the best techniques. I have the exact type of hair that used to refuse to clump into a coil or zigzag. But for me, since my hair is longer, i am able to shingle. You said your hair is 1/4 an inch. Try doing the finger technique i posted last, I found just rubbing it in his hair had no effect, and i couldn't shingle since his hair was really short. How are u applying product to your hair?

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 15 2014 at 8:55pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:54pm
I would spend 5 hours finger coiling each strand with my techniques from before, only for it to stick together into a frizz clump, so i know. don't be deceived by the results now, because my hair was never this healthy before. I'm actually about to post more pictures of my most recent wash and gos.

here is the techniques i do, i pasted it from another post:

2 inches and up

my experience with the gel is you need to apply enough so that you feel slip, that way the mucilaginous cast is fully formed on top of the water in your hair. then you really smooth, and pull while you rake it in thin sections, from the root to the very tip. I always smooth and rake instead of simply raking and that gives much better detangling and curl clumping.

I also do a technique where i make my hand like a thumbs up, only my fingers are not curled into a fist, instead are layed flat on my palm. Then i gently grab hair in the section and tug and pull down the section. its like raking but you do it before you actually rake and it gentley separates tangles and slides out shed hair. I call it grabbing and gliding.

These overall combined techniques enable the product to form a cast on the whole curl clump-- top, bottom, root to tip-- with out you having to be too heavy handed. These techniques are also how i detangle, and how i apply all product i want to be evenly dispersed on my hair. Except i omit the raking if im doing bentonite clay or something without slip.

The definition comes easily, but i like to make sure i rake really well and do narrower rows/sections where my hair is shorter and kinkier. This helps it so your hair doesnt clump into one giant frizzy clump, and instead separtes more defined and an actual coil. It also helps different curl clumps not stick together at the tips.

By thin sections, i mean separating your hair row by row, almost like you are doing horizontal corn rolls starting from the nape and up. For me i make seven rows, and pin the hair i havent gotten to yet out of the way. And of course i apply watered down conditioner first and then apply the gel as i go along.

Overall finishing my whole head takes 25-35 minutes.

1.5 inches and shorter

if your hair is an inch or shorter, you wouldnt be able to really do these techniques. Rubbing it all over your head might not work for tighter coils, plus you'd be asking for flakes. The most effective way would be to focus on one area at a time, using your fingers in and moving very fast in sharp small circular motions. You want to focus on the root of the curl. You want to put the weight on your elbows, not your fingertips, and just apply conditioner and then gel as you go along.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 16 2014 at 8:11am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:00pm
Here's the pic. Mind you I had to do alot of rolling of the fingers to get this done. I just don't see the definition and shine others are getting.
[/URL]
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Here's the pic. Mind you I had to do alot of rolling of the fingers to get this done. I just don't see the definition and shine others are getting.

Looking at your hair the texture is very similar to the one i did above and also my own texture. Majority of my hair actually shrinks to the exact same size of a pen spring without product. others form a zigzag, and i have a few 4a's at my nape. The one i did above also had 4a at the nape, but nowhere else.

I will post pictures showing  this really vividly when i can. many of the coils I have look more like super thin tubes.  I have to get some before pics of his hair because it looked like a picked out fro even when it was wet. Read over the technique i posted above-- it talks about the importance of applying enough product. I find that even now if i do not put enough gel on my hair, the cast will not form properly and cover the whole curl evenly. This causes it to dry in a poof that is just stuck together. You are going to have to experiment with the amount of product you use. You can also make your bentonite mixture with a little less water so it is thicker. also make sure to apply the product as you go along in sections, dont just apply it to your whole head first and try to roll after. when i did that, i found the hair dried as i moved along, and the curls would not clump so i had to rewet my hands and add more product. doing that significantly effects the way the curl comes out, and the time it takes

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 16 2014 at 4:02pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:55pm
My updated MHM Wash and goes Big smile

Day 5 Rewetted due to aharri's suggestion, much better results. (hair is still wet in pictures)

Day 1 (Yesterday) Wash and go. I finally got my edges to stay curly when dry. I did a thicker clay rinse, and did more raking to make sure the curls could clump and that i applied enough product.

WET HAIR

DRY HAIR

Gust of wind blew

Second day hair(still doing rewetting and shake technique)

Wet

90% Mostly Dry

notice there is some frizz in the front. This part didn't get defined from the get go(on the day before), because i didn't apply enough gel while it still had slip when i was shingling. the cast did not fully coat that section and seal in the moisture. my the time i had noticed it was already to dry to get slip by adding more product.

Product free wet hair

notice how the front forms no curl. It used to be like this even after spending hours fingercoiling and trying to use lots of ecostyler gel and conditioner. The front is 4b zigzag. Only since doing MHM have i started to see it clump. before it would be like i had nothing in my hair, and not have any weight to clump at all. In fact most of the hair near my edges were like that, and all in the back with the 4c coils. the only places that would curl with product were the 4a curls at my nape.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 15 2014 at 10:54pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 10:39pm
pinkie your wash and goes are on point! I hope i get some results like yours soon! Thanks for sharing. Glad I also could help with the re-wetting suggestion!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

I would spend 5 hours finger coiling each strand with my techniques from before, only for it to stick together into a frizz clump, so i know. don't be deceived by the results now, because my hair was never this healthy before. I'm actually about to post more pictures of my most recent wash and gos.

here is the techniques i do, i pasted it from another post:

2 inches and up

my experience with the gel is you need to apply enough so that you feel slip, that way the mucilaginous cast is fully formed on top of the water in your hair. then you really smooth, and pull while you rake it in thin sections, from the root to the very tip. I always smooth and rake instead of simply raking and that gives much better detangling and curl clumping.

I also do a technique where i make my hand like a thumbs up, only my fingers are not curled into a fist, instead are layed flat on my palm. Then i gently grab hair in the section and tug and pull down the section. its like raking but you do it before you actually rake and it gentley separates tangles and slides out shed hair. I call it grabbing and gliding.

These overall combined techniques enable the product to form a cast on the whole curl clump-- top, bottom, root to tip-- with out you having to be too heavy handed. These techniques are also how i detangle, and how i apply all product i want to be evenly dispersed on my hair. Except i omit the raking if im doing bentonite clay or something without slip.

The definition comes easily, but i like to make sure i rake really well and do narrower rows/sections where my hair is shorter and kinkier. This helps it so your hair doesnt clump into one giant frizzy clump, and instead separtes more defined and an actual coil. It also helps different curl clumps not stick together at the tips.

By thin sections, i mean separating your hair row by row, almost like you are doing horizontal corn rolls starting from the nape and up. For me i make seven rows, and pin the hair i havent gotten to yet out of the way. And of course i apply watered down conditioner first and then apply the gel as i go along.

Overall finishing my whole head takes 25-35 minutes.

1.5 inches and shorter

if your hair is an inch or shorter, you wouldnt be able to really do these techniques. Rubbing it all over your head might not work for tighter coils, plus you'd be asking for flakes. The most effective way would be to focus on one area at a time, using your fingers in and moving very fast in sharp small circular motions. You want to put the weight on your elbows, not your fingertips, and just apply conditioner and then gel as you go along.
Thanks for sharing your wash and go technique. I realized the technique is also very important because if you dont do it correctly some of the hair just sticks to each other and forms poofs. It can be challenging for short hair since you cant really clip it away and its hard to see what your doing at the back of your head.

I know you dont make videos but is it possible/ would you consider doing a short clip showing this technique maybe not showing your face if your not comfortable with that. Or doing it on someone elses hair and turning their head back as to hide their face.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Thanks for sharing your wash and go technique. I realized the technique is also very important because if you dont do it correctly some of the hair just sticks to each other and forms poofs. It can be challenging for short hair since you cant really clip it away and its hard to see what your doing at the back of your head.

I know you dont make videos but is it possible/ would you consider doing a short clip showing this technique maybe not showing your face if your not comfortable with that. Or doing it on someone elses hair and turning their head back as to hide their face.

Yes, I'm actually trying to find time to meet with my cousin(who's doing the method) so i can can do her hair at her house and film it, or get someone there to film it, since i don't really have a camera but i use my tablet. She's busy because of her work schedule, so she hasn't been able to do the method for a few weeks. But once she buys the products she needs and i can set a date to go to her house, I'm going to try and film the whole thing, hiding her face. The actual technique isn't really that complicated, it's just difficult to describe in a way that paints a clear picture. An actual visual is important, and i'm going to try and get that done as soon as i can.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 15 2014 at 10:53pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 11:04pm
Your wash and go looks great PinkieClap thanks for sharing your photos. My wash and go yesterday was looking like the top middle portion of your head on your first photo :) Happy with how its coming along. Last night couldnt do overnight deep conditioning or clarifying so will be doing all the steps this morning.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 292>
  Share Topic