Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:52pm
One of my friends said I smelt like vinegar..Lol so im gonna try the baking soda option for the cleansing step and see how that goes.

pinkie, aketafitgirl in step 1 puts a shower cap on her head after applying the ACV. Is it necessary that we do the same? Or can we just leave the mixture in our hair for 30-60 mins without the shower cap? Also do I need to use a shower cap if im doing the baking soda option?

Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

One of my friends said I smelt like vinegar..Lol so im gonna try the baking soda option for the cleansing step and see how that goes.

pinkie, aketafitgirl in step 1 puts a shower cap on her head after applying the ACV. Is it necessary that we do the same? Or can we just leave the mixture in our hair for 30-60 mins without the shower cap? Also do I need to use a shower cap if im doing the baking soda option?

Both are done using shower caps, I should've been specific about that, but yes always shower caps. Were you doing it w/o shower caps before? The acv should completely rinse out especially if ur deep conditioning overnight or steaming, and then afterward clarifying w/ clay again. The vinegar scent shouldn't remain. For ur bentonite step do u put acv? If so how much. Should be no more than a couple tablespoons.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 14 2014 at 3:57pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Both are done using shower caps, I should've been specific about that, but yes always shower caps. Were you doing it w/o shower caps before? The acv should completely rinse out especially if ur deep conditioning overnight or steaming, and then afterward clarifying w/ clay again. The vinegar scent shouldn't remain. For ur bentonite step do u put acv? If so how much. Should be no more than a couple tablespoons.

I've been using shower caps for the ACV rinse but I wanted to know if it was necessary. I don't add any ACV to my terressentials. Maybe my friend was misguided, Haha. I dont smell any ACV personally, but I do want to try the baking soda option. I will be doing it tonight and ill report back how it went

Also for people doing this method do you guys prefer the ACV rinse or Baking soda option for step 1?
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:04pm
Also the only applicator bottles I could find had ounces so I googled how much a 1/3 cup of conditioner was and its equivalent to 2.66667 ounces ( 2 3/4 oz.) and I added the baking soda.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:45pm
did u add water? Add like 4- 6 oz of water to that and shake. I will measure the amount that i use, but these days i just eye the amount of conditioner and water ratio to make sure the consistency is still somewhat thick (you won't be able to see through the water after you shake it and let the foam rise) and then i add 1-2 tablespoons(the only thing i measure).
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:54pm

I've been using shower caps for the ACV rinse but I wanted to know if it was necessary. I don't add any ACV to my terressentials. Maybe my friend was misguided, Haha. I dont smell any ACV personally, but I do want to try the baking soda option. I will be doing it tonight and ill report back how it went

Also for people doing this method do you guys prefer the ACV rinse or Baking soda option for step 1?

I have done both and they have worked well. I noticed for my my results were noticeably faster after switching to baking soda. Even though aketafitgirl does the acv option, every 6 washes I believe she switches to bakingsoda-- although i think she just does bakingsoda and water, which i found my hair hated the first time I tried the rinse (left it on for 10 minutes) on hair that didn't have product except oil and conditioner from the day before in it, and i had to do a super quick acv rinse right after and my hair went back to curling and taking to the conditioner again. But yeah for me i stick to mostly the bakingsoda recipe, especially since my hair is low porous. If i had normal or slightly high porosity, I might alternate between both acv and bakingsoda. If i had really high porosity due to damage, I'd do the acv rinse (although with holes in the cuticle layer, there would be nothing to close using ph so i'd have to always rely on the gel step to close my cuticle.)

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 14 2014 at 5:19pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:27pm

I have done both and they have worked well. I noticed for my my results were noticeably faster after switching to baking soda. Even though aketafitgirl does the acv option, every 6 washes I believe she switches to bakingsoda-- although i think she just does bakingsoda and water, which i found my hair hated the first time I tried the rinse (left it on for 10 minutes) on hair that didn't have product except oil and conditioner from the day before in it, and i had to do a super quick acv rinse right after and my hair went back to curling and taking to the conditioner again. But yeah for me i stick to mostly the bakingsoda recipe, especially since my hair is low porous. If i had normal or slightly high porosity, I might alternate between both acv and bakingsoda. If i had really high porosity due to damage, I'd do the acv rinse (although with holes in the cuticle layer, there would be nothing to close using ph so i'd have to always rely on the gel step to close my cuticle.)

Oh okay. I dont like the lingering smell from the ACV so I hope the baking soda option works for me. Also I mixed 1/3 cup of conditioner, 1.5 tbs of baking soda and some water and into an application bottle and I didnt use the whole thing for my whole head can I leave the mixture in the application bottle and use it later? I didn't know if the baking soda would go bad or something after a couple of days
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:03pm

t like the lingering smell from the ACV so I hope the baking soda option works for me. Also I mixed 1/3 cup of conditioner, 1.5 tbs of baking soda and some water and into an application bottle and I didnt use the whole thing for my whole head can I leave the mixture in the application bottle and use it later? I didn't know if the baking soda would go bad or something after a couple of days

Yeah of course. None of the treatments can go bad. Organic Acv can be used safely many years after the five year expiration date due to it nature. Baking soda doesnt expire the same way salt doesnt expire. Bakingsoda and acv are actually both anti bacterial and anti fungal, and the clay rinse has no properties to expire, the same way mud on the ground doesnt expire

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 14 2014 at 7:07pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:38pm
Ok I like the baking soda option more than the ACV for step 1.
- No awful smell lingering
- Easier to apply
- Cheaper (baking soda is like 69 cents)

Finished my wash and go and curl definition is more or less the same as the ACV rinse. I'm just wondering how often can I do this without the baking soda having a negative effect on my hair. I think maybe every 2-3 days should be ok but we'll see
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:00pm

Ok I like the baking soda option more than the ACV for step 1.
- No awful smell lingering
- Easier to apply
- Cheaper (baking soda is like 69 cents)

Finished my wash and go and curl definition is more or less the same as the ACV rinse. I'm just wondering how often can I do this without the baking soda having a negative effect on my hair. I think maybe every 2-3 days should be ok but we'll see

The bakingsoda mixture from this method will never have a negative effect on the hair, as long as ur doing the correct mixture, (sometimes adjusting amount of bakingsoda used to only teaspoons if you are not using much gel or no gel) and deep conditioning afterwards.

Danabnatural had problems with baking soda because she would alternate between doing 1/3 cup of conditioner and just spraying straight bakingsoda and water on her hair.(which i know for a fact my hair hated) Not to mention she didn't deep condition at all when she was doing it.

I find i am able to do the bakingsoda rinse daily in this method with no problems(I have tested using bakingsoda mix everyday for 5 days straight, no issues, and have even left it in my hair for 3 hours by accident, no issues no extra dryness or signs of damage whatsoever)

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 14 2014 at 8:02pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 289>
  Share Topic