Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 246>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 10:15pm
JamCayGirl, thats great! Take before and after pictures if u can. U can also blur out ur face if you choose.
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 11:23pm
I tried an ACV rinse for the first time today! It only cost me $1 from walmart. Super cheap ;) My hair felt really good while the ACV was in my hair.

Question pinkie, why do we need to clarify every 2-3 days if this regimen encourages products without any bad ingredients (silicones, mineral oil, TEA, etc..) ? Shouldn't these ingredients rinse out easily and not build up?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:40am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I tried an ACV rinse for the first time today! It only cost me $1 from walmart. Super cheap ;) My hair felt really good while the ACV was in my hair.

Question pinkie, why do we need to clarify every 2-3 days if this regimen encourages products without any bad ingredients (silicones, mineral oil, TEA, etc..) ? Shouldn't these ingredients rinse out easily and not build up?

I'm glad your hair is feeling good ahari :-)

Actually you should clarify every time you redo your hair. This method of clarifying is very gentle, and simulaneously helps the hair. It would never be enough to remove silicones. The reason u r able to use the gentle clarifer is because u are using products that can get off. Clarifying is important because cowashing is just not enough to get all the product residue off your hair.

You dont want anything getting in the way of more moisture getting in your strands, you want the max amount of hydration to get into ur hair without any build up in your hair. Bakingsoda rinse and acv rinse lift dirt off and also have conditioning effects on the hair. Bakingsoda lifts the cuticle and allows moisture to penetrate the hair the most when u DC or steam. And acv lifts off dirt and smoothes the cuticle, which is why DC after each rinse, and the occasional alternation of BS rinse or treatment is recommended.

I used to cowash only and i used all the right products. but i only i noticed a tremendous difference and signs of max hydration after adding the clarifying step. Just look at aketafitgirls videos. As soon as she added both clarifying steps to her regimen, her hair started changing. I might post a screen shot before and after adding clarifying with aketafitgirl and danabnatural here when i have time. Danabnatural does the bs step.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 07 2014 at 7:19am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:00am
btw guys it seems i made a mistake on the regimen. I forgot to add under the bakingsoda option, the mixture is1/3 a cup of conditioner, 4-6 oz of water, 1-2 tablespoons of bakingsoda. However thick ur conditioner is should determine how much water you use. If you do not have product in ur hair, dilute it to 1-2 teaspoons of bakingsoda.

Dont worry, the regimen will be corrected and finalized on the blog and official website, in a much more organized easily navigatable way.

For me personally i find my self putting 4 squirts of Kinky curly knot today in a application bottle and filling it up with water, shaking, filling it up and shaking until the consistancy is right. The first time i did a bakingsoda rinse i used too much since my hair was already clean and i think i tried just straight conditioner and then straight water and my hair hated it, would not take to water. One acv rinse corrected it, and then i did my bakingsoda step with the mixture above and it worked amazingly.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 07 2014 at 6:01am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:39am
Before clarifying step

Danabnatural(youtube)

Before clarifying step: aketafitgirl(youtube)

After clarfying (danabnatural, bakingsoda step and bentonite clay)

After clarifying(aketafit girl acv step, steam, bentonite clay. Does bakingsoda every 6 washes. Although she just puts straight bakingsoda and water, which i dont recommend, hence why she cant do them often and only leaves the treatment on for ten minutes max)

No, none of their curl patterns change. Not only is it scientifically impossible for either treatment to change your hair texture, the reason that their hair looks more defined is because the added weight of water retained in their hair cortex from getting max hydration is allowing their curls to stretch to a more uniform shape that does not loop upon itself.

If you went back to old methods, allowed your hair to build up, or maybe used a lot of glycerin, after a while the process would reverse itself as moisture rentention levels lower, leaving you brittle dry frizzy easily knotting hair again. The lack of random loopings means their hair strand are easier to clump together like puzzle peices. I also notice my hair wants to clump more readily, and in bigger sections. But my curl pattern does not change, because my curl pattern is not frizz and tangle causing backloops caused by weightless ness of the hair strand.

When you get max hydration, the maximum amount of water your hair can hold in its cortex, weighs the hair down to the point where it will clump even with zero product, eventually from root to tip. The added weigt also gives moveable, shakable bouncy hair even when its dry, which i am starting to notice, even on second day hair, where as before my hair wouldnt budge even in the windiest wind. It had no weight to it, because my hair wasnt retaing any water in the cortex.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 07 2014 at 2:56pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:41am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Secondly where can I buy a clay on the ground for this method?

@aharri23 I just saw you bought terressentials, but just in case for future reference and for anyone else you can get clay at wholefoods, I think they carry different types including the aztec indian brand of clay or try any local health stores.

Bunnybanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnybanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:57am
I've been lurking in this thread for two weeks now but this is my first actual day trying the method ( had to get all the ingredients) I did the cherry lola 2 weeks prior and my hair was super soft and defined but I was trying to use up some products so I didn't start yet . fast forward a week I tried the cherry lola again and my hair was dry and stubborn not sure what went wrong I used the same fage yogurt but this time I used 2% instead of 0% Confused. Today I did the first day of the max Hydration method, my vitamin shoppe was out of braggs apple cider vinegar so I got the trader joes brand and I used the trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner ( I hate shampoos or conditioners that tingle so I was a bit hesitant) but the PH balanced one has dimeticone. I left it on for about 30 minutes while watching criminal minds then I warmed the conditioner and massaged it in for 10 mins while bent over the shower. I used the aztec healing clay for my bentonite mix but it was runny so I remixed a thicker batch Smile . 30 mins later I rinsed and my hair felt really squeaky clean so I was worried it would end up dried out so I conditioned after with the trader joes con and my hair felt coated and gross I panicked and started trying to rinse it out with no luck it still felt coated so I just put leave in in and considered it a lesson learned. fast forward 30 mins and my hair is still dripping wet but feels soft and spongy (weird but interesting) curl definition is awesome didn't have any gel but eco styler so I'm skipping the gel step today. 

Bunnybanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnybanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 11:22am
Before pics 

After pics 

and my heat damaged strands ( that are directly in the center of my head cause I'm always doing center part installs) feel and strong. 
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 11:47am
^Your hair looks great! And your eyebrows too lol

I don't have all the things I need to do this but I can't wait to try it. I am about to clarify with acv. I need some cg conditioners though, the amount of Tresemme naturals I have left is only enough for today.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Bunnybanx Bunnybanx wrote:

I've been lurking in this thread for two weeks now but this is my first actual day trying the method ( had to get all the ingredients) I did the cherry lola 2 weeks prior and my hair was super soft and defined but I was trying to use up some products so I didn't start yet . fast forward a week I tried the cherry lola again and my hair was dry and stubborn not sure what went wrong I used the same fage yogurt but this time I used 2% instead of 0% Confused. Today I did the first day of the max Hydration method, my vitamin shoppe was out of braggs apple cider vinegar so I got the trader joes brand and I used the trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner ( I hate shampoos or conditioners that tingle so I was a bit hesitant) but the PH balanced one has dimeticone. I left it on for about 30 minutes while watching criminal minds then I warmed the conditioner and massaged it in for 10 mins while bent over the shower. I used the aztec healing clay for my bentonite mix but it was runny so I remixed a thicker batch Smile . 30 mins later I rinsed and my hair felt really squeaky clean so I was worried it would end up dried out so I conditioned after with the trader joes con and my hair felt coated and gross I panicked and started trying to rinse it out with no luck it still felt coated so I just put leave in in and considered it a lesson learned. fast forward 30 mins and my hair is still dripping wet but feels soft and spongy (weird but interesting) curl definition is awesome didn't have any gel but eco styler so I'm skipping the gel step today. 

Your pictures look great! Thank you for posting themSmile I'm glad you are trying this, keep it up! Some helpful tips i can give is to try and water down the conditioner in an application bottle and shake. That conditioner is very thick, and i my self found better results after watering it down for each step. A leave in is actually just watered down conditioner anyway. Maybe try to water it down, not so much that it doesnt foam when you shake, but maybe 3-5 oz and shake so it foams. It doesnt effect the slip, in fact for me the slip is better. I personally no longer feel the need to warm my conditioner because i split the regimen and just do steps one and two at night and leave it in a shower cap, then in the morning rinse and detangle and do the bentonite rinse and so forth.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 246>