Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 247>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

^They changed the formula of the Uncle Funky's gel like a week ago, they added glycerin & hydrolyzed wheat protein.

I think Curly Kinks Curl Factor may be one, $15 for 8oz $23 for 16oz
Infused Water (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root), Glycine Betaine (Beta vulgaris (Beet) Sugar Extract, Propanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Almond (Prunus Dulcis) Oil (Sweet Almond Oil), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Apricot Kernel (Prunus Armeniaca) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Thank you for telling me this Journey. I will edit the list. I have also removed the zerran hair gel as it contained non water soluable polyquat-4 in the second ingredient. It really sucks that uncle funky changed their formula. It's got glycerin as the second ingredient. (sigh) And I don't recommend hydrolyzed wheat protein no matter where its at.

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 30 2014 at 6:09pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:16pm
Pink this is amazing. My hair is super duper short so im willing to try anything. I tried everything recommended as far as regimens but curls are not clumping together like the pics above. What am I doing wrong?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Pink this is amazing. My hair is super duper short so im willing to try anything. I tried everything recommended as far as regimens but curls are not clumping together like the pics above. What am I doing wrong?

Okay. I will need you to answer a few questions so we can figure this out.

What products are you using. You cowash, your leave in, your deepconditioner(even if you have to repeat the same product), your gel, your oil(in any). (And how much oil you are using?) I need full names of products so I can search the ingredients.

What option are you choosing for each step?

Have you experimented with different options?

How are you diluting step1, either or both options(what are the ratios you have been using)?

Please describe to me in detail how you are doing the regimen and the options you are choosing.

Have you gotten the proper bentonite clay, or are you still using amla powder? Please tell me the specific brand name of this powder or clay you are using.

Miscalleneous question: Do you have a shower filter. I actually had my shower filter installed November last year. I use the kind that filters out chlorine from the water. I recommend the chrome finish, as it doesn't crack like the plastic one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZVFX02/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went ahead and looked up the specific components of amla powder. It's a protein. If you are still using this you may want to stop, as you could be protein sensitive and it may be taking away from your hydration levels.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/280952-what-are-the-benefits-of-amla-powder/
"Other components of amla powder include: albumen, iron, calcium, protein, phosphorus and carbohydrates
"

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 30 2014 at 7:33pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 11:17am
Pinkecube do you think you can help me decode the ingredients in this conditioner. I found this in a local store and decided to give it a try as I wait for conditioners I ordered online. It's the tresemme vibrant naturals nourish and replenish conditioner this one has aloe vera and avocado oil it says hypoallergenic, no added colour, silicone free

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropoyl Dimethylamine, Persea Gratissima Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

When I use it as part of the baking soda treatment and as a deep conditioner my hair is very soft but as  a leave in after my hair dries it is very dry and crunchy. Even though there is some curl definition. 

I used it on both my sons as well to test out how it would react on their hair. I'm pretty sure they are not low porosity because the product doesn't leave the white residue and it disappears into the hair. Which tells me it's being absorbed properly into their hair. However, it also leaves their hair crunchy and dry after their hair dries. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Okay. I will need you to answer a few questions so we can figure this out.

What products are you using. You cowash, your leave in, your deepconditioner(even if you have to repeat the same product), your gel, your oil(in any). (And how much oil you are using?) I need full names of products so I can search the ingredients.

What option are you choosing for each step?

Have you experimented with different options?

How are you diluting step1, either or both options(what are the ratios you have been using)?

Please describe to me in detail how you are doing the regimen and the options you are choosing.

Have you gotten the proper bentonite clay, or are you still using amla powder? Please tell me the specific brand name of this powder or clay you are using.

Miscalleneous question: Do you have a shower filter. I actually had my shower filter installed November last year. I use the kind that filters out chlorine from the water. I recommend the chrome finish, as it doesn't crack like the plastic one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZVFX02/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went ahead and looked up the specific components of amla powder. It's a protein. If you are still using this you may want to stop, as you could be protein sensitive and it may be taking away from your hydration levels.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/280952-what-are-the-benefits-of-amla-powder/
"Other components of amla powder include: albumen, iron, calcium, protein, phosphorus and carbohydrates
"

Whoop whoop Pink is helping me get to my journey of coils.Tongue
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Pinkecube do you think you can help me decode the ingredients in this conditioner. I found this in a local store and decided to give it a try as I wait for conditioners I ordered online. It's the tresemme vibrant naturals nourish and replenish conditioner this one has aloe vera and avocado oil it says hypoallergenic, no added colour, silicone free

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropoyl Dimethylamine, Persea Gratissima Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

When I use it as part of the baking soda treatment and as a deep conditioner my hair is very soft but as  a leave in after my hair dries it is very dry and crunchy. Even though there is some curl definition. 

I used it on both my sons as well to test out how it would react on their hair. I'm pretty sure they are not low porosity because the product doesn't leave the white residue and it disappears into the hair. Which tells me it's being absorbed properly into their hair. However, it also leaves their hair crunchy and dry after their hair dries. 

It's likely a combination of many ingredients including: fractionized coconut oil, (the specific parts that make coconut oil function as a humectant, and get hard in cold weather). aloe juice(some ppl find this drying. Aloe is a humectant, but not a super strong one like glycerin or propylene glycol. ) the denatured alcohol and the salts, and quaternary salt(waxy substance) in this product. I will bold the specific problem issues.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropoyl Dimethylamine, Persea Gratissima Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Chloride(quaternary ammonium salt, aka surficant), Parfum, Sodium Chloride(table salt), PEG-150 Distearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride(epsom salt), Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone(mild toxicity) http://ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703924/METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE/, Methylisothiazolinonehttp://ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703935/METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE/, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

Stearamidopropoyl Dimethylamine, don't worry about this ingredient, it's vegetable oil based, it can never latch on to the hair like certain oils, proteins, and silicones do.

"CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is a mixed triester of glycerin and caprylic and capric acids."
http://ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/701056/CAPRYLIC%3B%3B_CAPRIC_TRIGLYCERIDE/

"Caprylic Capric Triglycerides
are a specific fraction of coconut oil / palm oil fatty acids"
http://ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Caprylic_Capric_Triglycerides/464

http://ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/700657/BEHENTRIMONIUM_CHLORIDE/

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 31 2014 at 7:15pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 7:09pm
I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Ok these are the products I use daily except the deep conditioner:
Ur Curly quinoa conditioner
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated, Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-10, DMDM Hydantoin, Menthol, Leaf Oil, Crambe, Abyssinica Seed Oil (Abyssinian Oil), Fragrance, Aloe, Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Flower/Leaf/Stern Extract, lodopropynl Butylcarbarrate.

Camille Rose Naturals Moisture Milk
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated, Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-10, DMDM Hydantoin, Menthol, Leaf Oil, Crambe, Abyssinica Seed Oil (Abyssinian Oil), Fragrance, Aloe, Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Flower/Leaf/Stern Extract, lodopropynl Butylcarbarrate.

Camilee Rose Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
Ingredients: Deoinized water, aloe vera juice, butyrospermum parkii(shea)butter, cocos nucifera (coconut oil), behentrimonium methosulfate (BTMS) cetyl alcohol, theobroma cacao (cocoa)butter, mangifera indica(mango)seed butter, cannabis sativa(hemp) seed oil, di panthenol, mel(manuka)honey, vegetable glycerin,camellia sinensis )green tea) extract, simmondsia chinensia(jojoba) seed oil, rosa canina(rose hip) fruit oil, bitis vinifera(grape)seed oil, oenothera biennis(evening primrose) oil,phenoxyethanol and capryly glycol(optiphen), blue green algae, dimethyl sulfone (msm), biotin, tocopheryl acetate(vitamin E), mentha piperita (peppermint)oil, scent and LOVE!

4 Naturals curl craze lotion
ngredients:
Water , Glycerine , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) , Glycol Distearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Chlorphenesin , Allantoin , Aminomethyl Propanol , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder , Sodium Acrylate , Sodium Acryloyldimethyl, Taurate Copolymer , Trideceth-6 , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean) , Tocopherol Acetate , Fragrance 

Tressemme naturals w/Aloe vera and avocado Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Ingredients
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Lauryl Lysine, Caprylyl Glycol, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed)/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Aspartic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil (Organic), Citric Acid, Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Organic)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 7:11pm
When I do the steps 1-5 I use everything you have above expect the bentonite clay. I don't wanna buy that stuff and I can't use it. Somebodayyyyy send me some. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 7:17pm

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Ok these are the products I use daily except the deep conditioner:
Ur Curly quinoa conditioner

Camille Rose Naturals Moisture Milk

Camilee Rose Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
Ingredients: Deoinized water, aloe vera juice, butyrospermum parkii(shea)butter, cocos nucifera (coconut oil), behentrimonium methosulfate (BTMS) cetyl alcohol, theobroma cacao (cocoa)butter, mangifera indica(mango)seed butter, cannabis sativa(hemp) seed oil, di panthenol, mel(manuka)honey, vegetable glycerin,camellia sinensis )green tea) extract, simmondsia chinensia(jojoba) seed oil, rosa canina(rose hip) fruit oil, bitis vinifera(grape)seed oil, oenothera biennis(evening primrose) oil,phenoxyethanol and capryly glycol(optiphen), blue green algae, dimethyl sulfone (msm), biotin, tocopheryl acetate(vitamin E), mentha piperita (peppermint)oil, scent and LOVE!

4 Naturals curl craze lotion
ngredients:
Water , Glycerine , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) , Glycol Distearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Chlorphenesin , Allantoin , Aminomethyl Propanol , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder , Sodium Acrylate , Sodium Acryloyldimethyl, Taurate Copolymer , Trideceth-6 , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean) , Tocopherol Acetate , Fragrance 

Tressemme naturals w/Aloe vera and avocado Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Ingredients
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Lauryl Lysine, Caprylyl Glycol, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed)/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Aspartic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil (Organic), Citric Acid, Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Organic)

Just a quick glance and I can aready see many possible dehydrating factors in these ingredients. I will update in an hour with the specifics.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 7:30pm
Thanks so much  for the insight pinkecube. Your help in this forum is very highly appreciated.

I know for a fact my hair doesn't like coconut oil! I'm not too sure about aloe vera yet. I suspected the salts and alcohols but your analysis has opened my eyes to a lot more ingredients that could be drying to my hair...and surprise surprise there's even a mild toxin!!!

Someone should come up with a line of products specifically for type 4 low porosity hairLOL . It looks like most of the products on the market except for very few contain ingredients that can be even more drying to our hair type.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 247>