Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by gidgetgal gidgetgal wrote:

Why are you so awesome?!

I found a link to your method on YT and you were kind enough to reply to my reply to your post. :)

It's only day 2 of my MHM journey and I am in love! I'm in love with washing my hair more frequently; I'm in love with the softness, shine and definition I'm getting; I'm in love with not having to spend 45 minutes twisting my hair after each wash; I'm in love with the possibilities for my hair!

Anyhow, I wanted to suggest that you consider writing a book on this method, similar to the CG method and Tightly Curly method books. I think you'd find you'd have a very eager audience.
Isn't she though??!!!!
The book is definitely coming, I can see a big demand for it...and boy oh boy I cant wait to get my hands on it!
Welcome on Board gidgetgalClap and to all the newbies, I'm so happy that there are so many of you it's hard to keep track :) I just wanted to say the same thing I love that I dont have to spend a lot of time twisting and retwisting my hair with this method. 

Love that you're in love with you progress....and guess what? It will only get better Big smile

EmbarrassedBig smile
I agree, it used to take me 5 hours to twist my hair, no lie. I made the twist small so i pretty much spent most of the day doing them, and they didn't even last. Glad that part of my journey is over. Now i can make bigger sections and it actually comes out good, even though my hair is shorter now.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:20am
Someone keeps trolling all over videos being made about the method that bakingsoda relaxes the hair... ConfusedSleepy This is really frustrating, i hope ppl read for themselves instead of being chased away by these types of misinformists. Me and msdeekay took the time to give her very detailed comments, only for her to ignore this information and continue spamming.

The research has already been done on this, real chemists already say ph of 4-9 doesn't do anything to change the hair. The only "chemical reaction" is the lifting and closing of the cuticle, and it is a permanent as the effects of putting warm/hot water and cold water on your hair. The clay treatments used in this regimen, also have a ph of 9. So dirt can relax our hair now? Once you rinse it out and make measures to close the cuticle, that's it. The hair's proteins have a natural resistance to being dissolved by phs in this range. It will not happen, period. Bakingsoda is not a relaxer, it does not change the hair texture, and it does not dissolve the cuticle. Period.

The use of bakingsoda, is also gotten from the book "hair care rehab", written by the author of the book the science of black hair. And even her mixture is a bit more stripping(just bakingsoda and water). This woman(who wrote the book) is also a scientist/chemist.

Experiment done on hair using bakingsoda.
http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2009/11/myth-or-fact-baking-soda-relaxer.html

Direct quote below:

"From my experiment using my baking soda (Sainsbury's brand if you are interested), there was no 'relaxing' of the curl.  I think it matters that the baking soda I used had some corn starch in it (all the ones on the shelf did too). Its pH was 7-8 (as measured by me). Some people report that pure baking soda should have a pH of 9. Relaxers have a pH of 10-14. I do think people should know that the pH of the relaxer is important towards relaxing hair but more important is the ability to break the bonds of the hair. In short, I do not think that baking soda can break bonds. I think much like the coconut lime relaxer, some people are confusing moisturized hair with relaxed hair."

Sodium bicarbonate, aka, baking soda has a ph of 8.4. Relaxers have a ph of 10-14. The ingredient that does this is the high levels sodium hydroxide, and/or other hydroxides. The hydroxides are what makes relaxers depilatory, including lye free.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/bases-ph-d_402.html

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/chemicals/en/ph.pdf
"In addition, solutions of pH 10–12.5 have been reported to cause hair fibres to swell."
I don't see anything here saying phs of 8-9(bakingsoda's ph range) swelling hair fibers and dissolving hair.

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2010/06/investigation-does-ph-affect-your-hair.html

"There are two authoritative studies on this with pretty similar results. There is very little change to hair structure between the pH ranges of 4 to 9. Hair protein resists changes due to acid or base."

" Hair does not absorb noticeable amounts of acid or base between pH 4-10" ( J Soc Cosmet Chem, pp 393-405, 1981)
"The cuticle separation distance is within the same range between pH 4 -9" (J Invest Dermatol 105: pp96-99, 1995)

Last lets compare a video of texturized hair, to what max hydrated hair looks like:

texturized type 4 hair:
Applying just for me texture softener on 4b hair
It did not give her a curl pattern it gave her looser strands and some straight  strands. Her hair isn't moisturized looking, no curls are really popping, because it's still as kinky as before. relaxers don't effect kinks, they effect curl pattern:

The max hydration method on my hair.
Wash and go on 4c hair

My curls are just as tight. they just are less kinky and look healthy, strong, and hydrated, because of moisture retention in my hair's cortex, so you see a pattern. It is not loosened, it is able to clump because of moisture retention.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 05 2014 at 1:31pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:13pm
I'm doing the original cherry lola treatment right now because I don't have a blender and the banana and avocado didn't mix well and it was hard to get out of my hair the first two times I did the modified treatment. I'll see if there are any noticeable differences
irockcupcakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irockcupcakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:01pm
This is amazing information. I have watched several videos on msdeekay2012's and Joso Anani's channel since discovering this last night, I barely slept since today is wash day for me and I want to try this method but I don't have all the ingredients that I need and now I'm also kind of nervous to use any of the conditioners I already have or to continue what I have been doing which isn't much of a regimen in itself (i'm kind of lazy with my hair and am trying to break that). I also do not have any gel because I never liked how it made my hair feel (Eco Styler Olive Oil and Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly).
I have baking soda, acv, bentonite and rhassoul clay (i have the pure powder and Anita Grant Deep Condish Cubes. I will list ingredients below), KKKT, raw shea and cocoa butters, coconut milk, JBCO, olive, jojoba, hemp, coconut, red palm, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, tea tree, and camphor oils. I have pure African black soap and a few conditioners as well as leave in's which I will list below along with their ingredients in stock right now. Is there any version of this method I can do until i'm able to get the correct ingredients?

Anita Grant Marshmellow Rhassoul Deep Condish
*Organic Rhassoul Clay (Hectorite/Moroccan Lava Clay), *Organic Unrefined Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), *Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), *Pure Organic Cocoa Powder (Theobroma Cacao), *Organic Unrefined Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru), Marshmallow Powder (Althaea Officinalis), MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane/Methyl Sulphonyl Methane), *Organic Chilean Honey (Miel), Vitamin E (D-Alpha, D-Beta, D-Gamma & D-Delta Tocopherols) and LOVE!
* ingredients issued from organic farming

Anita Grant Banana Rhassoul Deep Condish
Same as above but replace Marshmallow Powder (Althaea Officinalis) with Sun Dried Banana Powder(Musa Sapientum).

Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise (this is a deep conditioner)
Water (Aqua)Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (Avena Sativa), Hydrolyzed Soy Proteinn *Glycine Soja), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polyquarternium-32, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alchol, Lanolin, DL Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Menthol, Camphor, Cholesterol, Benzophenone-4,Tocophherol Acetate, (Vitamin E ), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Egg Protein, Carrot Oil *Daucus Carota), Tea Tree Oil ( Melaleuca Alternifola), Kuki Nut Oil (Aleurites Moluccana), Parsley Flakes *Carum Petroselinum), Extract of Arnica Montana Flower, Centella Asiatica, Uritca Dioica (Nettle), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf, Capisum Annumm and Cochlearia, Aromoracia (Horseradish) Root, Propylene Gylcol, Methylparaben, Propylparben, DMDM Hydantoin, FD & C Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140), FD & C Yellow No. 6 (CI 61565), FD & C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum)

As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditoner
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone. 
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Diethylamine, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PeG-150 Distearate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Gylcol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Silk Amino Acids, Honey, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Rosemary (Rosemarinus Officinalis) Extract, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Fruit Extract.

Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Rinse Out Conditioner
Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycol Distearate, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil (Corn), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Fragrance (Parfum)

VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream withe Silk Protien Moisturizing Conditioner (I have never used this, I bought because it was 89 cents lol)
Water (Aqua, EAU), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soymilk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin

Aussie Moist Condtioner (one of my faves)
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Glutamic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I have a feeling none of these condtioners are good or usuable excpet maybe the As I Am CoWash.

Leave in Condioners/Milks:

Kinky Curly Knot Today (I already know this is a yes!)

Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter, Certified Organic , Cocos Nucifera OilCoconut , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea OilOlive, Certified Organic , Vegetable Glycerin , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Triticum Vulgare Oil (Wheatgerm) , Grapeseed Oil , Sorbitol Esters , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Cetyl Esters , Yucca Filamentosa Extract , Vegetable Protein , Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab) , Biotin , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Rosemary Extract , Bamboo Extract , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower ExtractHoneysuckle , Lonicera Japonica Flower ExtractJapanese Honeysuckle , TocopherolVitamin E

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter, Certified Organic , Cocos Nucifera OilCoconut, Certified Organic , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Mangifera Indica Seed ButterMango, Certified Organic , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower ExtractHoneysuckle , Lonicera Japonica Flower ExtractJapanese Honeysuckle , TocopherolVitamin E , Hibiscus Flower Extract

Cantu Argan Oil Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
WATER (AQUA) , stearyl alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Canola Oil , Stearalkonium Chloride , glycerin , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , dimethicone , fragrance , Cetrimonium Chloride , Polyquaternium-7 , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan) , panthenol , Hexapeptide-11 , Betaine , Hexylene Glycol , Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Sugar Cane) , Citrus Medica Limonum Fruit Extract (Lemon) , Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Apple) , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea) , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , PHenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA

I have a feeling these leave in's aren't good for me either. Its really going to hurt throwing any of these products away especially the ones that I just bought. Please help and let me know what you think. I really want to start treating my hair better I've come a long way from a bad texturizer and "too tight" protective styles which damaged the curl pattern in the back of my hair and now is looser than every other part of my hair as well as thin. Its been 2 years and it still hasn't grown back the same. I will also like to know if this method will possibly help with that. Thanks in advance for your response! Smile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by irockcupcakes irockcupcakes wrote:

This is amazing information. I have watched several videos on msdeekay2012's and Joso Anani's channel since discovering this last night, I barely slept since today is wash day for me and I want to try this method but I don't have all the ingredients that I need and now I'm also kind of nervous to use any of the conditioners I already have or to continue what I have been doing which isn't much of a regimen in itself (i'm kind of lazy with my hair and am trying to break that). I also do not have any gel because I never liked how it made my hair feel (Eco Styler Olive Oil and Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly).
I have baking soda, acv, bentonite and rhassoul clay (i have the pure powder and Anita Grant Deep Condish Cubes. I will list ingredients below), KKKT, raw shea and cocoa butters, coconut milk, JBCO, olive, jojoba, hemp, coconut, red palm, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, tea tree, and camphor oils. I have pure African black soap and a few conditioners as well as leave in's which I will list below along with their ingredients in stock right now. Is there any version of this method I can do until i'm able to get the correct ingredients?

I have a feeling these leave in's aren't good for me either. Its really going to hurt throwing any of these products away especially the ones that I just bought. Please help and let me know what you think. I really want to start treating my hair better I've come a long way from a bad texturizer and "too tight" protective styles which damaged the curl pattern in the back of my hair and now is looser than every other part of my hair as well as thin. Its been 2 years and it still hasn't grown back the same. I will also like to know if this method will possibly help with that. Thanks in advance for your response! Smile

Hi irockcupcakes! First of all let me welcome you to the forum and your start on this journey to Max Hydration! Yes, there is a version of this method that you can do until you get all your products. You at least have the kckt, which can easily function for every step that involves conditioner. Look on page 72 of this topic and scroll down to the revised version of the regimen, there is a note under step 2 in blue.
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page72.html
 Read over the revised reggie because there's a lot of useful info and links and notes. List of no-no ingredients are there as well. Now let me analyze the products you do have.

Good in green, No-No's in Red, along with bolded problem ingredients.

Anita Grant Marshmellow Rhassoul Deep Condish
*Organic Rhassoul Clay (Hectorite/Moroccan Lava Clay), *Organic Unrefined Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), *Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), *Pure Organic Cocoa Powder (Theobroma Cacao), *Organic Unrefined Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru), Marshmallow Powder (Althaea Officinalis), MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane/Methyl Sulphonyl Methane), *Organic Chilean Honey (Miel), Vitamin E (D-Alpha, D-Beta, D-Gamma & D-Delta Tocopherols) and LOVE!
* ingredients issued from organic farming

Anita Grant Banana Rhassoul Deep Condish
Same as above but replace Marshmallow Powder (Althaea Officinalis) with Sun Dried Banana Powder(Musa Sapientum).

Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise (this is a deep conditioner)
Water (Aqua)Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (Avena Sativa), Hydrolyzed Soy Proteinn *Glycine Soja), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polyquarternium-32, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alchol, Lanolin, DL Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Menthol, Camphor, Cholesterol, Benzophenone-4,Tocophherol Acetate, (Vitamin E ), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Egg Protein, Carrot Oil *Daucus Carota), Tea Tree Oil ( Melaleuca Alternifola), Kuki Nut Oil (Aleurites Moluccana), Parsley Flakes *Carum Petroselinum), Extract of Arnica Montana Flower, Centella Asiatica, Uritca Dioica (Nettle), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf, Capisum Annumm and Cochlearia, Aromoracia (Horseradish) Root, Propylene Gylcol, Methylparaben, Propylparben, DMDM Hydantoin, FD & C Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140), FD & C Yellow No. 6 (CI 61565), FD & C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum)

As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditoner
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone. 
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Diethylamine, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PeG-150 Distearate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Gylcol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Silk Amino Acids, Honey, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Rosemary (Rosemarinus Officinalis) Extract, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Fruit Extract.

Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Rinse Out Conditioner
Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycol Distearate, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil (Corn), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Fragrance (Parfum)

VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream withe Silk Protien Moisturizing Conditioner (I have never used this, I bought because it was 89 cents lol)
Water (Aqua, EAU), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20(<---this surficant isn't a bad ingredient for strictly rinse out products, but as a leave in or DC, no.), Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soymilk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin

Aussie Moist Condtioner (one of my faves)
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Glutamic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I have a feeling none of these condtioners are good or usuable excpet maybe the As I Am CoWash.

Leave in Condioners/Milks:

Kinky Curly Knot Today (I already know this is a yes!) Yes, it is a yes!

Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter, Certified Organic , Cocos Nucifera OilCoconut , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea OilOlive, Certified Organic , Vegetable Glycerin , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Triticum Vulgare Oil (Wheatgerm) , Grapeseed Oil , Sorbitol Esters , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Cetyl Esters , Yucca Filamentosa Extract , Vegetable Protein , Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab) , Biotin , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Rosemary Extract , Bamboo Extract , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower ExtractHoneysuckle , Lonicera Japonica Flower ExtractJapanese Honeysuckle , TocopherolVitamin E

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter, Certified Organic , Cocos Nucifera OilCoconut, Certified Organic , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Mangifera Indica Seed ButterMango, Certified Organic , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower ExtractHoneysuckle , Lonicera Japonica Flower ExtractJapanese Honeysuckle , TocopherolVitamin E , Hibiscus Flower Extract

Cantu Argan Oil Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
WATER (AQUA) , stearyl alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Canola Oil , Stearalkonium Chloride , glycerin , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , dimethicone , fragrance , Cetrimonium Chloride , Polyquaternium-7 , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan) , panthenol , Hexapeptide-11 , Betaine , Hexylene Glycol , Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Sugar Cane) , Citrus Medica Limonum Fruit Extract (Lemon) , Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Apple) , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea) , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , PHenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 05 2014 at 4:45pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irockcupcakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 6:13pm
Thanks so much for the quick response. Its alot of information to take in especially when the wrong information has been hammered in for years. I never knew you could do a normal condition with a leave in conditoner or water it down and it would still be effective.  Do you think its possible to use the anita grant deep condish mixed with the KKKT for step 2 and then the pure clay for the clay rinse? Or is that too much clay happening and not enough conditioning? Also is it okay for me to use my hooded dryer for steps 1-3 or only for step 2? Also are the products a no because of the bolded ingredients, as in it would be okay if it weren't for those specific ingredients? Sorry if my questions are kind of dumb i just need clarification. Thanks! Smile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 6:59pm

Thanks so much for the quick response. Its alot of information to take in especially when the wrong information has been hammered in for years. I never knew you could do a normal condition with a leave in conditoner or water it down and it would still be effective.  Do you think its possible to use the anita grant deep condish mixed with the KKKT for step 2 and then the pure clay for the clay rinse? Or is that too much clay happening and not enough conditioning? Also is it okay for me to use my hooded dryer for steps 1-3 or only for step 2? Also are the products a no because of the bolded ingredients, as in it would be okay if it weren't for those specific ingredients? Sorry if my questions are kind of dumb i just need clarification. Thanks! Smile

Your welcome.Smile Yes, watering it down is fine, since these are very thick conditioners. I think it will be fine to mix kckt in your deep conditioner, it is actually a deep conditioner and has other ingredients aside from the clay. And then you can use the pure clay for the last step. I don't see anything wrong with doing that.

As for using a hooded drier for all the steps, interesting. i was actually thinking about this yesterday in terms of speeding up the regimen for some ppl. But i don't think it would be beneficial to steam during step 1, mainly because you are trying to get the product off your hair. A hooded drier may dry up the gel and the clarifier and have it sticking it to your hair, when you want it to be wet and lifted off the hair so its easy to rinse everything away. Step 3 should be okay to steam with though, good question.

Yes, the ingredients determine how a product is going to behave in your hair. So if they contain no-no ingredients(which i bolded) they can take away from your hair's health and progress. So yes, if they didn't contain said bolded ingredients, they would be perfectly fine. The products used here aren't choosy for the sake of being choosy. But our hair type cannot tolerate these ingredients, and to get get a transformation you have to put your hair on a pedestal and not just slap any old ingredient on it. Otherwise your hair will rebel and that's what makes a lot of us think we don't have a definable zigzag/coil pattern.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irockcupcakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 7:14pm
Okay great. Thanks for all the info. I'm going to try this now and try and take pictures. My hair is so tangled right now so I believe it wouldn't be an accurate "before" pic but I'll put up an older pic of clean hair to compare it to. I'll let you know my results and any mishaps. Wish me luck!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 7:18pm

Okay great. Thanks for all the info. I'm going to try this now and try and take pictures. My hair is so tangled right now so I believe it wouldn't be an accurate "before" pic but I'll put up an older pic of clean hair to compare it to. I'll let you know my results and any mishaps. Wish me luck!
That's great, can't wait to see those hair pics. Good luck!
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 4:14am

ETA:  Ok, so I've just seen that you bolded glycerine as a problem ingredient in your reply to irockcupcakes - so I'm guessing it's a no??

Hi Pinke 

In your revised regimen on p.72 can we still use conditioners that contain glycerine? I’m aware that you advise against the use of it as it’s an astringent and a humectant but you said it could be OK if there weren’t any other problem ingredients in it.

p.75 (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page75.html) it says:

“…glycerin is a bit astringent, but it wont be bad as a deep conditioner since that would involve enough heat and humidity and you will be rinsing it out. If they had any other major problem ingredients like denatured alcohol it would be a no. Do not try to use the one condition as a leave in, though. Unless you are planning to revolve your hair regimen around daily humidity levels”.

If glycerine is OK I have what I believe is an otherwise perfect conditioner: 

Naked Care Sensitive Conditioner

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Gossypium hebaceum ( cotton ) seed extract, Olea europara ( olive ) fruit oil, Citrus aurantium ( neroli ) oil, Aspartic acid, Citric acid, Chlorphenesin, Linalool.

Also, if I did use a leave-in conditioner with glycerine but didn't use gel at this point - I’m planning on protective styling  until the end of the year - would that be OK. If my hair gets dry between wash days after the first week, couldn’t I just spray it with purified water? I'm not currently as concerned about the curl pattern as much as I care about hydration and retaining growth at the moment... I believe the curls will come eventually anyway.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 06 2014 at 4:37am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 289>
  Share Topic