Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 260>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi, naturally50 welcome to the Max Hydration Method.Big smile

Let me go straight to your questions first.

THANK YOU

1)here are the ingredients of the one condition and their deep conditioner.  Would love to continue to use these in my regimen. I don't get the exact same results with KKNT.  My hair doesn't feel as moisturized.  I don't know if my hair just likes creamy conditioners or what

Bolded problem ingredients. If your hair doesn't like the kckt, try using your trader joes tea tree tingle, since you said you have it.

One Condition
Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum)

Heaven In Hair
Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-7, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Ceteareth-20, Quaternium-82, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Will cause build up(quat salts too high on list and too many), and also there are polyquaterniums. and moisture will be pulled out of the hair, due to glycerin and propylene glycol. No-no.

WOW- How can us non chemist know what goes in what with these conditioners.  Heck at one point I was researching how to make my own.  Why does everyone say to add glycerin to your spritzers when the ingredient does the opposite of what I think it is supposed to do.  Looks like I'm returning my big bottle of glycerin.  I've already trashed all my non- CG approved products 2 months ago.  Looks like I'm still cleaning house.

2) I have a short TWA so I don't need all the conditioner with the Baking soda.  How do I scale that down or can I still use the unused protions for a couple of days.

I want you to look at the revised regimen i just posted, to make sure ur measurements are correct, because i have made a few changes. As for your question, just leave any left over in the bottle and use it the next day you do your hair. No need to use it all at once, you don't have to recreate all the mixes everytime.

Well I used the one condition, so guess I can't use that anymore.  I'll do the ACV rinse this go around

3) I don't necessarily know how to measure the Terresentials mud wash and should my hair feel stripped after I use it.

If it's a mud wash, you do not need to remeasure it. Unless you want to add more clay and water to it to preserve the product. Other than that the ratios given are fine. If you find it too stripping, your hair may not like aloevera, and the terresentials has aloe vera juice in it. It can make the hair crunchy.

aloe vera another ingredient that everyone loves but guess my hair doesn't.  I don't have anything else.  I'm gonna have to skip that step tonight.  :(
Sponsored Links

naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Hi Everyone- I've followed AKETAFITGIRL and Danabnaturals since I started my natural hair journey and really tried to incorporate the CG method within the last couple of months. I've got conditioners galore- VO5, Giovanni, Trader Joes, Shea Moisture, Tressame naturals. I've always co washed and used no sulfate shampoos and no silicones. I've even tried AKETAFITGIRL's regimen(I thought) and at one time my hair was blossoming(i thought ) and then came breakage. uuugh So big chopped and started again May 1st and I've alternated products, daily moisturizers, LCO method, LOC method ur name it.  spritzers with glycerin, aleo vera juice . Well, hair still felt dry. Well I do have color.  I was about to give up and actually purchased some products from the hyratherma naturals line this weekend  than a YT follower suggested this method which I had read about before but considered  it just like AKETAFIT CURL or CG method and I said Ive done that before.  I was just gonna suck it up and say oh well maybe my hair needs the silicones, and glycerin . Anyway fast forward to three days ago- I came across this post and boy from start to now , I've learned sooooo much and realized that some of these natural products had ingredients in them that was drying out my hair.  I have done the method for 2 days straight but without the cherry lola treatment. Boy my hair looks and feels soooo much better. I believe I learned so much with this post than Ive ever have stalking you tube, internet, etc.  BIG THANKS !!!!!!  so much information and knowledge.

So glad you found this regimen had great results! Thank you for taking advantage of this info and sharing your experience. I think that this will reinforce for people that you can not use any old product for this regimen. It may give you immediate results and then your hair will rebel, because it simply cannot thrive with certain ingredients. We have to put our hair on a pedestal, especially the tighter and kinkier texture you have, the more your hair will not be able to tolerate certain ingredients. We get confused and think our hair likes the things it hates, where as it does hate those things and more. At the end of the day you would've fallen into the protective style 365 years a day, stretched hair all the time trap, lol. Like most ppl with our hair type. Moisture is key! Color or not, i definitely think the aloe and glycerin were doing nothing for your hair but making it drier. It's likely you may be sensitive to the astringent properties of aloe, and also glycerin's a no-no ingredient here.

But use your trader joes since you have it. They changed the ingredients of the nourish spa conditioner to add silicones, so don't use it, use the Tea Tree tingle.

Awww mann- I have the nourish spa conditioner and I never looked at the ingredients until now.  It has dimethicone ( the 7th ingredient). I was sure enough using this too. No wonder my hair wasn't responding to anything .  I pass a Trader Joes and Whole foods on my commute to work. I'll get some Tea Tree tingle 2morrow as well as the mud clay.  I read somewhere in this post about the mud clay that can be purchased at whole foods.  Can you provide me the name.  In the meantime to continue for tonight and tomorrow, guess I'll have to use my KKKT for all the steps with the revised measurements.  Now for my leave -in  can I use the kimmaytube leave in conditioner.  I've made some last week.  And I have some flax seeds, so I can make and use the flax seed gel right.  When I started the CG method again, all I used was KKKT but I didn't use any gel over it.  I just didn't like the crunchiness.  Now I know. At one time I was refusing to pay $16.00 LOL.

Oh and I also saw the the don't use the TRESemee naturals Radiant volume with Sweet Orange right?  

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:48pm

THANK YOU-

WOW- How can us non chemist know what goes in what with these conditioners.  Heck at one point I was researching how to make my own.  Why does everyone say to add glycerin to your spritzers when the ingredient does the opposite of what I think it is supposed to do.  Looks like I'm returning my big bottle of glycerin.  I've already trashed all my non- CG approved products 2 months ago.  Looks like I'm still cleaning house.

Well I used the one condition, so guess I can't use that anymore.  I'll do the ACV rinse this go around.
aloe vera another ingredient that everyone loves but guess my hair doesn't.  I don't have anything else.  I'm gonna have to skip that step tonight.  :(

Your welcome. Yeah, you aren't alone, so many of us seem to be sensitive to the aloe.  It something i made an FAQ topic on as well, and i think i'm gonna put a note about it on the forum. under the revised regimen. It's tolerable in gel, but i personally think even then it causes the hair to swell a bit more when it dries. Especially if it's high on the ingredients list. The regimen is more effective with the clay, so try to get some of the powder ones as soon as you can.

Yup, return that glycerin. It's astringent anyway and pulls moisture out of the hair in dry weather and climates.

Yes, you can use flaxseed gel. I have yet to master the ratios, last time i did it i think it was too watery and my hair swelled really bad and turned out drier than normal. It looked normal in fact extremely smoothed and defined when wet, until it dried and looked and felt worse than normal. One thing i noticed is that when wet its good at smoothing down and separating the hair into the individual clumps, where as with kccc, it doesn't smooth down the clump as well because it initially frizzes and makes two or more curl clumps want to stick together at the tips.

but when i layered that same flaxseed under kinky curly curling custard, it was was the best result ever (the wet hair looked the same as usual, but the slip made it much easier to separate the curls, and my dry hair shrunk very well.)

I'm going to dry it again and see if it wasn't a fluke and then try mixing it together with the kccc. If it works out i'll mix the exact measurements that work together with some kccc in one of my empty bottles. That will prevent it from going bad, since the kccc would already have the preservatives.

i think kccc would be great if they replaced the aloe with flaxseed.

I think if you're going to make a flaxseed gel on your own you will need some other holding agent aside from the flaxseed. Like horsetail, nettle, etc. It may make it work better.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 03 2014 at 9:04pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 7:12pm

Awww mann- I have the nourish spa conditioner and I never looked at the ingredients until now.  It has dimethicone ( the 7th ingredient). I was sure enough using this too. No wonder my hair wasn't responding to anything .  I pass a Trader Joes and Whole foods on my commute to work. I'll get some Tea Tree tingle 2morrow as well as the mud clay.  I read somewhere in this post about the mud clay that can be purchased at whole foods.  Can you provide me the name.  In the meantime to continue for tonight and tomorrow, guess I'll have to use my KKKT for all the steps with the revised measurements.  Now for my leave -in  can I use the kimmaytube leave in conditioner.  I've made some last week.  And I have some flax seeds, so I can make and use the flax seed gel right.  When I started the CG method again, all I used was KKKT but I didn't use any gel over it.  I just didn't like the crunchiness.  Now I know. At one time I was refusing to pay $16.00 LOL.

Oh and I also saw the the don't use the TRESemee naturals Radiant volume with Sweet Orange right? 

Since you used cones, i think you should shampoo your hair with a sulfate shampoo once before starting this regimen. Afterward you can deep condition overnight and during the day with the kckt. Otherwise the clarification methods will take a while to get rid of the silicones and it will basically slow you down in your progress. I was so disappointed when i found they changed the formula.

That's great the trader joes is near you. Yes, the mud wash is at whole foods and vitamin shoppe. It's called "aztec secret indian healing clay". Any clay pure clay powder will work for this method.

This kimmaytube leave in(directly quoted):

"2 tablespoons of YOUR preferred conditioner (silicone free)
2 tablespoons of (Whole leaf version) Aloe Vera Juice with a pH 4.0 or 4.5
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil (optional. I sometimes do without it)
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil"

I don't know about this. The main problem is mixing oil into your conditioner. The oil isn't emulsified, so it will not absorb well into your hair especially since it's such a high ratio of oil to conditioner. So basically what you would be doing is mixing a sealant with a moisturizer. This can cause the conditioner to sit on your hair and not really be absorbed. Also, mixing aloe in your conditioner is another thing i don't recommend due to your sensitivity to aloe. Aloe is okay in gel, but in your leave in, it will cause frizz before you even put on the gel. So the way this mixture is, you're going to have this leave in just sit on your strands, when it should be absorbing into your hair's cortex. Plus the low ph would already start to close your cuticles. You won't need to close your cuticles in the leave in step. This is because the gel you are using is already ph balanced. It will close your cuticles at the appropriate time, which is when you applied moisture and it is properly absorbed. Then the moisture gets effectively sealed in.

You can use one conditioner for all the steps that require it. You don't really need to use different conditioners. What i do is i water down the kckt for every step now. This also works with the trader joes tea tree tingle. It also helps me control how soft my hair dries by how wet i make my hair.
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:43pm
I am trying to clarify what 're-wetting actually means. Please correct me if I am wrong:

So after the  initial 7 days have been completed, for example, and regimen is to be repeated no more than 3 days, I can re-wet in between the 3 days by just running hair under water without doing the whole routine. then just applying LI (oil/gel)?  Does it still contribute moisture into the hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:48pm
Hi Pinkecube.  Noticed you did not highlight DMDM Hydantoin?  Any reasons why not?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

I am trying to clarify what 're-wetting actually means. Please correct me if I am wrong:

So after the  initial 7 days have been completed, for example, and regimen is to be repeated no more than 3 days, I can re-wet in between the 3 days by just running hair under water without doing the whole routine. then just applying LI (oil/gel)?  Does it still contribute moisture into the hair?

Rewetting hair is just refreshing. Say you wake up and your hair is completely smushed, maybe you didn't do the rolling tucking and pinning option. Rewetting quickly under a shower nozzle and shaking can save the do by unsmushing the coils. You are not trying to wash the gel off, you are just refreshing the curls. It will not be needed for you to add more gel, unless its to freshen up your edges or some minor primping of that nature.

This doesn't contribute to moisture at all, it just refreshes your curls if they got too matted at night to fluff out. For me, i've been doing the tucking and rolling and it helps preserve my coils. If i go t sleep with simply a scarf, my coils will be flat in the morning, and just a bonnet will mean smushed and sticking in weird directions. Rewetting can make your hair look as if its almost 1st day hair.

I have also worn a shower cap at night to keep the curls fresh so i dont need to rewet. you wake up with softer hair, and although it gets a bit smushed, its easier to fluff out since its soft and pliable. I will be trying this tonight with the tuck and roll as well. A good option if your wash and go feels crunchy on the first day, btw.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 03 2014 at 9:58pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Hi Pinkecube.  Noticed you did not highlight DMDM Hydantoin?  Any reasons why not?
that's more of a toxic ingredient. if anyone ever has a gel with completely perfect ingredients and the only problem is this or a paraben, i'll let them know it won't take away from their moisture levels, but it is a toxic ingredient so they should use caution. i want to separate the two.
keishamichelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keishamichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:40pm
Hi Guys!! My name is Keisha and I have been lurking on this thread ALL DAY! I looked it up after watching a Youtuber do a video on it (Joso Anani). This is DEF something I want to do. I have some quick questions and if these questions have been answered already can someone tell me what page it's on?

A little background on my hair. Last relaxer was Jan. 2, 2012, big chopped on Sept. 14, 2012. First Texture Softner was Oct. 15, 2012. Next Texture Softner (Just For Me both times) was February 14, 2014. I felt as though I didn't need another one until almost 2 years later lol. I didn't have ANY curls (seen dry or wet) until  I did the texture softeners.

Anywho, my hair is doing ok it's just that i was a root to tip curl pattern and better moisture retention for better length retention. I don't ever wear my hair curly though. I wear wigs most of the time.

I already have the Aztec Bentonite Clay, ACV, and the KCKT, what are some deep conditioners that I can use for this method and co wash conditioners. I really don't want to use my KCKT for everything. Also for the last step do I have to seal with a gel? If i'm just going to twist it up and put a wig on until the next session?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:44pm
I know aloe vera seem to be an issue with low porosity hair, but I have have no issues with it, and not LP.   Can I use it in my last step instead of gel?  Would be making my own from fresh plant.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 260>
  Share Topic