Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 291>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Those Vatika conditioners and oils have Mineral oil as the 1st ingredient.
I remember when I did small twists with vatika oil, my hair never felt so dry. It felt like a hardened dry sponge by the time I took them out despite the fact I was spritzing my hair everyday and doing ghe at night... these ingredients steal moisture from our hair. I actually forgot to add mineral oil when I wrote the list of ingredients to avoid, but yeah definitely avoid mineral oil it's extremely drying, the driest I've ever felt my hair in fact and actually the reason I started researching max hydration was after that experience, it was horrible.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation makes sense. I just finished reading writing notes and watching all the videos you included in the previous post and I have gone through this whole post as well. I had another question in Step 3 The Bentonite Clay Rinse in option 2 it says do option 1 plus add ACV but you don't mention how much to add. 

So it looks like I will have to order most of these ingredients online so that will take me at least a week before I can start experimenting in the mean time I will continue to do GHE every single night and heating my conditioner. Today after I did my GHE I noticed a few more curls popping up in some parts of my hair that were not there. This gives me confidence that they are in there just hiding under the chronic dryness.

i'll have to look into it, but from the recipe i remember, its like a couple tablespoons of acv.

Yes, definetly keep doing ghe and heating conditioner, by the time you do the whole regimen everyday youll notice really amazing results. Even on days where i dont have time to do my hair in the morning, i just dont wash out step 2, and just a scarf over my shower cap when i go out, so even though i havent redone my hair, im still retaining moisture.

Another thing i can suggest is while you wait, still clarify your hair everyday but more diluted. Do bakingsoda option to help lift the cuticle before u DC, but only 1.5 teaspoons, with the 1/3 cup of conditioner, and add water (not so much that it gets watery, but enough to foam a little) into an application bottle. Rinse out after 30 mins to an hour under a showercap. Then do the DC/ghe step, and wear a fancy headscarf when you go out over your cap while you ghe during the day.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 10:26am
I tried the clarifying treatment for the first time and OMG sliding my fingers through my hair felt like butter. Thanks a lot for that tip! Cant wait to get my ingredients and do the whole regimen.

just one question though in the original recipe option 2 of clarify you say to leave in the baking soda treatment for only 10 - 30 mins but here you advised me to leave it in for 30 mins to an hour. Was that a mistake or is it because I'm not doing the modified cherry lola yet?

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 1:31pm
You know what I went back and re-read what you wrote and I got it this is a diluted version of the original recipe. I assume this is why the waiting time is longer.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:47pm

You know what I went back and re-read what you wrote and I got it this is a diluted version of the original recipe. I assume this is why the waiting time is longer.

yes, you are right, this version is more diluted. The reason for this is since you dont have gel on your hair, you wont need as much bakingsoda, otherwise it could make your hair feel a bit dry. The waiting time for both versions can actually be 30- 1 hr. If i could still edit the first post, i would edit step 1 option 2 to 30-60 mins. I actually keep mine on about an hour and its fine, your hair will feel soft all the same.

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 23 2014 at 3:51pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:49pm

I tried the clarifying treatment for the first time and OMG sliding my fingers through my hair felt like butter. Thanks a lot for that tip! Cant wait to get my ingredients and do the whole regimen.

just one question though in the original recipe option 2 of clarify you say to leave in the baking soda treatment for only 10 - 30 mins but here you advised me to leave it in for 30 mins to an hour. Was that a mistake or is it because I'm not doing the modified cherry lola yet?

I'm glad its working for you! Clap
fredricafekkai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredricafekkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:27pm
i had more success with the ACV instead of baking soda route. I've done this three or four times, but it takes sooooo long I end up doing it at night and only every 3-4 days. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by fredricafekkai fredricafekkai wrote:

i had more success with the ACV instead of baking soda route. I've done this three or four times, but it takes sooooo long I end up doing it at night and only every 3-4 days. 

Hi fredricafekkai,

Do which ever rinse works for you. So you've been trying the routine? How has your hair been feeling? Have you done the cherrylola yet?

Yes, it can definitely be time consuming. I suggest breaking the routine into parts. Do steps 1 and 2 at night. So the rinse and then dc overnight. Then rinse and detangle in the shower in the morning, do the clay rinse, let it sit for 15 mins, rinse out and do steps 4 and 5 in sections as you go along. The more you do it, the less time it seems to take, it just becomes routine. Try to challenge yourself and see if u can do it consecutively 5 days in a row. Your results come faster when u hit it hard everyday for at least the first week.

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 23 2014 at 5:59pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:57pm
Exceedinggrace's updated wash and go picture(2nd day hair)

Exceeding grace's product free hair

Hello exccedinggrace, sorry i hadn't checked my email for a couple days so i didn't see these and your questions immediately u sent them. Anyway your hair is looking moisturizedSmile I see the tips are curly like u said. I will try and take pictures of my hair when i have time and post here. as for the FAQ, I'm actually working with kwicherbichen on putting them on its own website. I'll update on the developments of that later on. I will still answer questions individually until it's completed, though.

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 23 2014 at 6:00pm
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:29pm
Hey everyone, my hair is still in braids otherwise I would be joining in on the action.

I have set up a blog-website to keep and organize the information as pinkecube details everything. The URL is this for now:
http://maxhydrationmethod.blogspot.com

I will be using all of you as testimonials by the way :) I'll use your aliases on here, but if you would like me to use your real name, your photo, or link to your website, send me a private message.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 291>
  Share Topic