Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 296>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BitterSweet85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BitterSweet85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:38am
@Pinke thanx again!! That really brightened my day lol. I will be headed to traders joes this weekend!!
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:40am
Originally posted by BitterSweet85 BitterSweet85 wrote:

Quick question. Does the sweet orange oil in the Tresseme Naturals conditioner..pose a major threat towards achieving Max Hydration? The other conditioners arent in my price range rite now.

Online, the Trader joes conditioner price is a little steep online compared to the store. The cheapest place online i could find sells both the conditioner and the shampoo together. But you will not need the shampoo. It is possible to contact the seller though. they seem like a small business. Maybe email them and ask if you could buy only the conditioner, or 2 conditioners instead of the 1 shampoo(its sold in a set)

The price is $6.28. Plus they have a flat shipping fee.

http://kitchenbykara.com/p/3162125/Trader%20Joe%27s%20Tea%20Tree%20Tingle%20Shampoo%20&%20Conditioner%20-%20CRUELTY%20FREE-%252d%252d-4XAYSO004VZ0XLZ98.html

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 28 2014 at 9:41am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by BitterSweet85 BitterSweet85 wrote:

@Pinke thanx again!! That really brightened my day lol. I will be headed to traders joes this weekend!!

Your welcome, glad i helped!
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:10am
Thanks so very much for your prompt response pinkecube! I appreciate it.

I like the option of changing up my hair styles, but I am more interested in overall hair health, so I will definitely avoid the heat until max hydration is reached. Unless someone else comes along with tips/personal experience, my plan is to wrap my hair with pins and some product to straighten overnight and then use low/cool air using my blowdryer. Not sure if it will work but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Will continue to read this thread.

Thanks again to everyone!
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:20pm
OMGosh @pinkie look at your hair!! i just about #died when i scrolled down to your picsHeart

i can't wait to join the challenge- i recently straightened my hair for a length check and i am enjoying the straight style for a while BUT this gives me plenty of time to take my notes  and get all of the products necessary. i will def post pics of before/after throughout this journey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

About 3 weeks into this method. I seriously can't remember the last time I had a single strand knot or split end. Also when I detangle little to no hair comes out 

this is one of my top priorities- so this gives me more hope

Edited by iheartsmimi - Apr 28 2014 at 1:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Uploaded a demonstration video. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCu61TEMhgE&feature=youtu.be

curls are poppin aharri! Clap

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

OMGosh @pinkie look at your hair!! i just about #died when i scrolled down to your picsHeart

i can't wait to join the challenge- i recently straightened my hair for a length check and i am enjoying the straight style for a while BUT this gives me plenty of time to take my notes  and get all of the products necessary. i will def post pics of before/after throughout this journey

Smile Thanks iheartsmimi! I'm glad to hear you'll be posting pics!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:43pm
Very Happy to see all the new curlfriends who have joined in on the mhm regimen Clap, a big welcome to iesnalibisBitterSweet85solomonsydelle and iheartsmimi Hug. Cant wait to see all your positive results Big smile
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:50am
Thanks for the warm welcome, Msdeekay. Your vids and blog have been helpful.

I have another question for the group - Is it absolutely necessary to do the clay step? I believe its a  clarifying step (correct me if I'm wrong) but given that I'm low on my bentonite clay (use it for skin and recently moved outside the USA so its unavailable here) I would like to do everything else to my hair. I guess I'm itching to go but have that one product holding me back. I really should be patient.

Anyway, wanted to know.

TIA.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 296>
  Share Topic