Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyMakk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyMakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2016 at 2:01pm
Hello, I just recently joined BHM and I learned about the MHM workshop. Unfortunately, I missed it. Will there be another soon? I definitely hope so.
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2016 at 11:45am
It's been a year since I started this. I started off the first month doing it as suggested. My 4a hair reached max hydration in 3 months. My daughter was 4, now 5 4b and reached max in 1 week. I always used natural products on her hair to style so she was really to Mac hydration anyway. She went to 4a. I went to looser 4a. Both easier to manage and looked amazing every wash and go. Every twist out. We both retained length very well. I retained all the hair I grew, I know because my ends were colored. I slowly transitioned out of the color by cutting because there was a very noticeable difference between the hair I grew and the colored hair. I started off about shoulder length and grew passed bsl by about an inch, but cut down about 4-6 inches total over the year, and I'm still bsl. Now very healthy, beautiful curls with ease. When it's straight, it's bouncy, shiny, healthy.

My daughter, her curls still get dry easier, but water in a spray bottle, leave in conditioner, oil, flax seed gel, she's good. I twist her puffs at night, in the morning they r slightly most, I take them out and they r beautiful, large, curly, shiny hair. It's so pretty. As it dries, I keep fluffing the curls and they stay defined. Her hair doesn't feel dry until into 3 days in. I don't comb or brush it all the time.

Me: I've adjusted this regimen since the max hydration was hit. I felt a point where my hair got drier too easily, and I re-examined my regimen. This is what my hair likes. I don't think anyone should follow exactly what I do.

Pre wash night before (but sometimes anytime in the day and I walk around like its gel lol. It gets sticky, so I don't touch it. I tell no one. I just don't have time to sit and do all these steps. Gotta keep my hair healthy so I make it work. Sometimes use my microfiber towel on it while I'm getting dressed, and it's only lightly damp, I put a plastic cap on it and wear it in 4 braids under a big natural looking wig during the day) I mix honey, thick natural conditioner, olive oil, and
coconut oil. I let it sit for a about a day or night.

When I get a moment, I rinse it out and use a no sulfate natural shampoo. Once every 3 months, I then proceed to doing the max hydration method. Except I use a thick creamy conditioner and leave it in for a day or night or 3 days (not preferred. If I overmoisturize, I sit one egg on my hair until it starts to appear stronger with a curlier, sturdier curl. Never longer than 10 min. Most times around 6-7 minutes. Then of course leave it in for a decent amount of time. Sometimes an hour with a warm towel on top. Sometimes enough time to go to the gym, grocery shopping, random errands. Basically whatever amount of time that's not a whole day or night. Then my balance is restored.)

So, I do the same for my daughter except all in the same day very quickly. I do the honey mixture after I take her hair down. That's when I finger separate it. It's like butter. Any knots just melt out and if she's going to the pool or something I just two strand twist it from here and leave it in. (Back out the pool, I cowash and two strand twist.) all other steps are wax on wax off. I don't deep condition, she has a lot of times where it's just conditioner on her hair, so I spare her and just wash it out during this process. The only thing that sits is the clay mask, but she just chills in the tub doing her thing while that's in. That's y the first few steps have to happen faster.

Both of our hair gets taken care of the same way. Kinky curly knot today leave in, oil, flax seed gel. I braid her up, twist her up, whatever I'm going to do and done. I might blow dry my hair, I might not. I love the blow dry.

So! I recommend it. But not for beginners. This is for someone who can see what it does to their hair and adjust. You have to already know what ur hair likes and know what it's supposed to look like. I do wear weaves, so during those times I don't do it. I use the shampoo with water, conditioner with water. I braid with leave in, Shea butter, oil. Same for my daughter. After i take these styles down, I do the full max hydration method with my adjustments.

If I'm wearing my hair out, after doing the full treatment, I watch my hair. Depends on the weather. Depends on my diet. Water intake. It varies. But no longer than 7 days later, I just cowash define my curls for each of my 4 sections, add leave in, blah blah blah same thing. Same for my daughter, except I must fingeredetangle if she's keeping it in puffs. No combs or brushes if puffy is the look.

Normal Wash day is shampoo, conditioner, Acv rinse. Then style.

This is long, hope it helps someone. I do more stuff to style, like creams, pomades, all natural stuff though. I straighten, but only like every 3 months. I used to trim once a year this year, but now I'm going up to twice a year. I like the crisper look now. My daughters hair is about an inch passed bsl.

That's all I can think of lol
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296
  Share Topic