Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KinkyCoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyCoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 4:23pm
Are any of these ingredients not good for my hair?

ABSORBING BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water Botanically Infused with Chamomile, Calendula, Nettle & Sage, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerine, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Agave Nectar, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Pro Vitamin B5, Murumuru Butter, Flaxseed Gel, Pracaxi Oil, Cocoa Butter, Marula Oil, Olive Squalane, Natural, Fragrant Oil Blends, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, an extra scoop of soulistic flava & LOVE!
Sponsored Links

lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 6:02pm
Funfo20, I really like the tag line for your event; "It's more than a wash-n-go...It's all about moisture". I'm hoping more and more people get that fact. I hope your event is a great success! 
cprealtor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cprealtor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 6:42pm
Hi Pinkecube,
I'm trying out the MHM and so far so good with the way my hair feels. It must be very, very thirsty because my hair hydration results are progressing slowly (slower than I would like...lol). I wanted to know if I can use Bee Mine Bee-U_Ti-Ful Deep Condish. Here are the ingredients: Distilled water, cetearyl alcohol, BTMS (mild emulsifier), 100% unrefined shea butter, 100% organic coconut oil, cupuacu butter, calendula extract, chamomile extract, organic raw honey, liquid germall plus (paraben free), fragrance (phthalate free)

My hair really looooves this conditioner. I know you recommend to avoid coconut oil, but my hair likes coconut oil. It also likes aloe vera juice too. Can you please tell me your thoughts on this? Thanks! :-)

cprealtor
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 7:27pm
Wink
Originally posted by pdthompson pdthompson wrote:

To Pinkecube, MsDeeKay, DenzKoils 

Thanks for all that you are and have been doing with this awesome undertaking.  The new website looks great, the videos are great visuals and the answers to questions are very helpful.  You all are deserving of time with your family and other matters beside hair and that should be respected. Please take the time to get the proper rest and nutrition that is needed to stay healthy and balance. Nothing is worth your health.  I am a nurse and I say this with the best intentions.  

I will be returning to work and grad school tomorrow.  I will not be able to post as much as I have been doing, however I will try to catch up on all the postings on the weekends.  I will try to do as much as I can at least every 3-5 days with the MHM.   I wish everybody much success with their MHM journey.  

Thank you so much pdthomposon, will be taking your advice Wink Goodluck on grad school and wishing you a wonderful MHM journey as wellBig smile

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>tyniagf1</span> tyniagf1 wrote:

Ok so I tried what pinkecube said and basically got more meticulous with my clay step. My hair normally looked white with it on but i still would see i guess you would call it a lot of halo frizz around my coils. So i just added more to my head this time. Also normally on friday i would start the regimen and sleep with the dc in my hair, well the last two times i sleep with the clay in my hair. seemed like the dc was about to start bothering my scalp. So i think adding more clay really really help. I see a lot less frizz and one of my coworkers just noticed the same thing, she said the curls look way more defined and separated today.

Thanks for sharing tyniagf1, getting the clay step right, really does help with the final results. I hope others will try this and report back.

Originally posted by <strong>CurlyMeema</strong> CurlyMeema wrote:

Thanks.  After leaving the condition in for 14 hours (I also steamed for an hour) and then sleeping with the clay my hair felt MUCH better.  I have more coils and no crunch.  I tried to post a picture but I received an error.  I did the 2nd day of the 7 day challenge (up to clay and slept with the clay last night), I was  able to wash the clay out and style and still get to work on time this morning though I did plop out some of the moisture so that I didn't arrive to work with dripping hair.

Hi, CurlyMeema great to hear you are having more coils and have been able to eliminate the crunch.Clap
You can most definitely send the pictures to maxhydrationmethod dot gmail dot com we would love to see your progress so far.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>LaTonyaR </span> LaTonyaR  wrote:

Hello MHM'ers!
I started my Journey on August 1 and have done a treatment everyday for 11 days.  I am loving the impovements in my hair.  I have root to tip curl definition in a few areas.  I have been wearing WnG's for the 11 days.  I have so less shredding and breakage.  I have found that it is important for me to take my time with step 5, it makes a big difference in the outcome of my hair.  I am still experiencing shrinkage but, learning and loving to embrace what the Lord has given me. I never thought that I would fall in love with a WNG.  My only challenge is getting my hair to dry sooner, winter is coming.  I have tried a difusser and t-shirts, the outcome is not as good as just letting my hair air dry.
I have also noticed that I see white residue in my hair in the areas where it is least hydrated.  That would be around my nape and front hairline.  It is so amazing how much my hair loves WATER. 
Ladies and Gentlemen....Don't be afraid to embrace the water...Use it your hair will LOVE you for it with a nice healthy looking apperance.
LaTonya

Hey LaTonyaR, thanks for sharing all the positive improvements you're having with your hair so far. It sounds like your hair is right on track Clap
I think a couple of weeks ago I tried the tshirt for plopping and didnt like the outcome either. I may try again maybe I wasnt doing it right, or maybe it was because my hair isn't as hydrated. If you havent already you can watch protectiveprincess video it was posted some pages back where she shows other techniques like gently wringing out excess water.
As your hair gets more hydrated and there is less need for more product, your hair will dry much faster.
Have you tried spraying the areas that have white residue with water? If you notice white residue while applying the product its best to spray the area and remove the excess product before your hair dries.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>Ethomas137</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> Ethomas137  wrote:

Hey,
I did my first twists yesterday. My hair came out great. I am not a wng person. I had only tried a wng before starting this method once or twice. Even with the method I get a wash n fro lol. The twists were great. I also stretched them.  I live in nyc so wng will not be for me when the weather gets cold.

Great to hear you had great results with twists and that you're loving them Clap

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>cdncoily </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> cdncoily   wrote:

Pinkecube, thank you so much! Since it started with an "aqueous" extract I'd thought maybe it would be different but in the past when I tried pure shea butter on my hair it was a waxy mess for sure (regardless of whether it was mixed with oil or heated up). I trust your instincts on this because everything you've said has been working for me so far. The closer I can stick to the original regimen, the better my results are.

And GOOD NEWS: After all this searching and checking out alternative products, I finally found the approved Tresemme conditioner! I thought there was no hope I'd ever see the right one, lol. I tried it out as a cowash yesterday (I stuck with KCKT for DC) and then as a leave-in this morning and I already knew I'd love it, but wow. I knew I could trust you guys on this even though I've had *terrible* experience with Tresemme in the past (with or without cones, lol). I've gained so much product knowledge and my hair has improved so much. I'm immensely grateful!

YAYClap where were you able to locate the Tresemme conditioner it? So I can add it to the directory list.

BTW guys the directory list for where to find MHM recommended products internationally will be up on my blog next week.

Thanks for filling up the survey Big smile

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>NaturalCaramello</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> NaturalCaramello   wrote:

Thank you PinkCube for creating this method.  It has been truly a blessing from God.  I was busted and disgusted with my hair before I started this method.  

I was tired of twisting my hair nightly to wear twist outs or wearing twists as a protective style because it was causing major split ends. I was thinking about cutting my hair.   I couldn't believe I had been natural since November 2009, and this was all the hair I had to show for it.  So this method has caused me to love my hair again, and the shrinkage from the wash n go prevented me from cutting my hair! My hair is healthy and hydrated. People ask me how do I get those curls, and I tell them about the method and I also tell them that your hair has to be hydrated to curl.

I love hearing all the ways MHM has changed natural hair journeys. I feel you, before I big chopped I used to feel the same way, I hated the constant twists and twisting and although I was protective styling I had no length to show for whatsoever.

Happy to hear that you are finally enjoying your hair and thanks so much for spreading the word and educating people about the importance of hydration Clap Thanks for filling out the survey Big smile

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>pdthompson</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> pdthompson   wrote:

Nice job on the videos ladies.  Beautiful hair.

Thank you pdthompson Big smile
Originally posted by <strong>Tallbeautie </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> Tallbeautie    wrote:

So I made improvements to my gel last night and it came out supper thick and perfect for my hair. I used 1/2 cup of seeds to 2 cups of water and I allowed it to cook longer which also contributes to it being thick. I didn't have to layer it with aloe gel at all this time and my hair came out supper defined. This is probably my best wash and go to date.

I just wanted to post an update on my hair.
I've done the method approximately 15 times so far without ever going more than 3 days in between. I did the method last night and I am noticing changes. My hair shows hydration on the ends right now (about 1/3 of the way up my shaft) and it's pretty much all over my head. My hair feels different when it's wet in general. My hair is heavier and feels like the water is in the inside shaft of my hair instead of sitting on top of my strands. It's so cool. 
I've been using flaxseed gel and I've made some changes with the recipe to make it thicker and it made a huge difference. I don't think I'm going to allow myself to go longer than two days before I redo my hair because I feel like that makes a huge difference moisture wise.  I also noticed that my hair respond better if I put everything on warm. Warm everything or use warm water when mixing for every step. My hair seems to accept the moisture better that way. 
Hopefully this post helps someone out there. Just keep being consistent and I know we'll all get there soon enough

RE:Coiffedcoils

My hair still has a little crunchiness at the ends but other than that my hair is soft as well. I did get some white residue and I notice that you need to make sure that you thoroughly smooth the gel through. If you still get a white cast you can get rid of that with water once it's dry. I'm gonna try squeezing out any excess product next time to see if that helps as well.  Thanks for the tip.

Thanks tallbeautie and everyone else who has been sharing their flax seed gel recipe and experience, I have started making flaxseed gel since iherb is out of stock with KCCC and will be experimenting with all your suggestions 
AMEN to all your observations and thanks for offering tips to othersClap

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>nothidden </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> nothidden     wrote:

LOL..."just be careful and make sure you don't break your neck." Too funny, MsDeeKay 
LOL Dont want people to get hurt now :) Wink

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>coiffedcoils </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> coiffedcoils     wrote:

I remember reading a post where someone said they had problems with their flaxseed gel flaking, no matter what they did. I suggest squeezing excess FSG off of your hair after the application that might help. Also if you don't squeeze the excess conditioner out already you might want to try that too. 

@Tallbeauty: That's great!Smile I was just going to suggest cooking the seeds longer to get a thicker gel as I just tried this recently. My gel was thicker, but I was rushing and didn't cook it long enough for it to get as thick as I think it needed to. I noticed significantly less poof this time though. My hair was ridiculously soft(somewhat fluffy, but a whole lot of movement and bounce) though...soo, I think the other ingredients that I added might have counteracted any hold. I also think I'll use more seeds and water and see if that works out. Thanks for posting your progress.

Thanks for the tips coiffedcoils especially sliding off excess FSG I have to try that!

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>solomonsydelle</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><strong style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> solomonsydelle     wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Peace, Queens!! €:) I'm getting ready to do another batch of my Clay mixture but I want to try also adding AVC & Cayenne Pepper & Essential Oil (Tea Tree) for extra benefits & stimulation... I've been trying to find the exact amount but I can't seem to find any specifications... Does anybody knows the exact measurements? Thank you in advance!!

Hey Muslimah Dominicana.

Some ladies add ACV to their clay mix for hair. But the people I have seen do this were not doing MHM. A quick search online showed me numerous natural hair girls using ACV in their clay mix.

However, I would wonder if that would be too much for your hair depending on which of the MHM procedures you are doing. Are you doing the method for bald spots/alopecia? We already use ACV/BS to open up the cuticles, could using ACV again at another point become problematic for your hair?

As per cayenne pepper and an essential oil, the MHM procedure for bald spots allows for cayenne pepper, but I wonder if rather than putting pepper in your clay mix, you should just make an oil that you use whenever you like on your scalp. I mean, make an oil with lets say olive oil, cayenne pepper and tea tree oil that you simply apply to your scalp at some point while MHMing.

Anyway, was just thinking of how to answer your question until Pinke or Msdeekay come through.

Good luck.

Muslimah Dominicana, Im not sure if someone already gave you the ratios but they can be found on the max hydration website, link below:
http://maxhydrationmethod.com/2014/08/05/mhm-bald-spot-recovery-regimen/

Thanks solomonsydelle  for helping out Big smile

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>DenzKoils </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> DenzKoils      wrote:

I'm going to keep doing the regimen but skip step 3. Maybe I just need to build up some moisture in my hair. I feel like step 1 and 2 increase the moisture and step 3 sucks it all out. I will try that for a couple of months and do the clay once a month.

My moisture levels are better. Let's see if they can get even better.

To Denzkoils and anyone having issues with the clay step, can you please send pictures of your hair with the clay and the consistency of the clay in your hands to maxhydrationmethod dot gmail dot com

Also add a run down of how exactly you do the regimen, each step with measurements.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>cdncoily</span><strong style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> cdncoily    wrote:

On the positive side: All the residue is off my roots. The peppermint tingle from the shampoo is nice (I can still feel it on my scalp). Negative side: I tried to focus on my scalp but the suds crept right up. I probably used too much shampoo tbh. Lost a bunch of hair just like how it used to be before I started MHM. And worst of all (for me): my hair is huge again. :'( (Like you said I'm pretty sure I didn't lose ALL the moisture I gained with 3 weeks of MHMing but it's still disheartening.)

Something else I noticed: Although there was definitely clay IN it, I don't think clay was the real culprit after all. I think I had just plain old product *build up* there (probably from the non-approved conditioner I was using for a while), and a few bits of clay stuck to that. So maybe I just needed a clarifying shampoo. Now that I'm only using approved products, I'll see how it goes I guess. In fact I tested some leftover green clay mixture on my freshly cleaned and conditioned hair and it was still grittier than I'd like but not as bad as last time, and a bunch of frizz turned instantly perfectly coily, with nothing left behind at all after I rinsed. I only used the green clay *once* so I'm sure it was actually build up and not the clay itself after all!

Really appreciate your thoughts, DenzKoils. This would have been a lot more upsetting to me if I were completely on my own!

Happy to hear you were able to get the clay out of your roots. bohomojo on page 108 also experienced clay getting stuck on her roots. She was using coconut oil in her mixture and the coconut oil and clay was very hard to rinse off. I have a feeling too much oil and clay may have been what caused the issue. cdncoily what were the exact measurements you used and what type of oil did you use?

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>nothidden </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> nothidden     wrote:

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Sometimes this forum won't let me post a stand alone comment.. so hopefully many will see this:

Fellow MHM folk, if anyone is still looking: I ordered the approved Tresemme conditioner from drugstore.com on August 7. They were out of stock at the time and promised to ship it as soon as they had it. It came yesterday the 13th. I checked the ingredients on the bottles and they are indeed the correct conditioners! 
Good lookin' out, lovemycoils03. They offer int'l shipping, so MsDeeKay can finally get some  Also, I noticed they have all their beauty products at 20% off until 8/16. So they show up as $5.11 per bottle in your cart.
Thanks so much ladies for the heads up, will be making an order for sure and will report back for other international MHM'ers

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi everyone, Lola of Editorinkinks.com aka Funfo on BHM is hosting the first ever MHM workshop in Chicago!

---The first-ever MHM Party! Are you in Chicago and interested in 
knowing more about the Maximum Hydration Method? Then, you'll want to 
attend this FREE Event. Please RSVP at Eventbrite.com/themaximumhydrationmethodparty. Registration is required 
or there will be a fee of $10 at the door. Parking will be Free. 
Questions/inquiries, please send a message to editorinkinks@gmail.com
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-maximum-hydration-method-party-chicago-tickets-12655449791[
This is so freakin' cool!

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>KinkyCoily</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> KinkyCoily      wrote:

Funfo20, I really like the tag line for your event; "It's more than a wash-n-go...It's all about moisture". I'm hoping more and more people get that fact. I hope your event is a great success! 
I also love the tagline/theme of the event. Hoping for nothing but a successful event.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>KinkyCoily</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> KinkyCoily     wrote:

ABSORBING BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water Botanically Infused with Chamomile, Calendula, Nettle & Sage, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerine, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Agave Nectar, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Pro Vitamin B5, Murumuru Butter, Flaxseed Gel, Pracaxi Oil, Cocoa Butter, Marula Oil, Olive Squalane, Natural, Fragrant Oil Blends, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, an extra scoop of soulistic flava & LOVE!

Is this a gel or a conditioner..I tried searching for it but couldnt find it. It seems to have a lot of oils for 
and I also see ProVitaminb5 although towards the end and glycerine is way up at the top, I would say no for MHM...Pinke will be here soon and she'll confirm if this is an absolute no.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>cprealtor</span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><strong> </strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> cprealtor     wrote:

Hi Pinkecube,
I'm trying out the MHM and so far so good with the way my hair feels. It must be very, very thirsty because my hair hydration results are progressing slowly (slower than I would like...lol). I wanted to know if I can use Bee Mine Bee-U_Ti-Ful Deep Condish. Here are the ingredients: Distilled water, cetearyl alcohol, BTMS (mild emulsifier), 100% unrefined shea butter, 100% organic coconut oil, cupuacu butter, calendula extract, chamomile extract, organic raw honey, liquid germall plus (paraben free), fragrance (phthalate free)

My hair really looooves this conditioner. I know you recommend to avoid coconut oil, but my hair likes coconut oil. It also likes aloe vera juice too. Can you please tell me your thoughts on this? Thanks! :-)

cprealtor
Hey cprealtor, welcome to MHM I know this was directed to Pinke but I just wanted to help out till she gets here. Aloe Vera and coconut oil are a proceed with caution under this regimen especially for those who are sensitive. Its ok to have Aloe vera in a gel but not in the leave in because it acts like a humectant.

Hey everyone I hope I got everyone's question if not feel free to add it at the end again as a reminder. Pinke will be here soon to weigh in on leaving out the clay step and look through ingredients for those who requested this.

Pinke can you also weigh in on the best way to proceed if the clay/gel or anything from the steps gets stuck in the roots. Also do you know what may be causing this so we can add this in the instructions to proceed with caution. I know bohomojo had this experience and she said she added coconut oil see my response to cdncoily above. cdncoily said it could of been reside/build up from non approved mhm products. What do you think?

I just wanted to give some tips concerning the clay:
- Make sure it has a creamy consistency.
- Dont add too much oil unless the kind of oil you're using is drying/stripping. I know some clays are more drying than others depending on what type of clay it is.
- Be meticulous with the clay application, especially in the beginning when your hair is not as hydrated. Make sure you go in, in small sections and separate the individual hair strands. Smooth in from root to tip.
- Adding a plastic bag/shower cap under a satin scarf helps a lot. I also do this under steaming water in the shower. You can also use a thermal heating cap.
- Leaving it on for longer periods of time. 15mins is just a basic guideline but leaving it for longer than 15mins if you can may be more beneficial.

To everyone experiencing issues with the clay..Either feeling like its stripping their hair or setting them back in terms of moisture. Please send pictures of your hair with clay in it, the consistency of the clay in your hands and a run through of how you do the step including measurements and exact products used to maxhydratiomethod at gmail dot com

Have a wonderful weekend everyone Big smile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 7:49pm
Let me first thank everyone for being so supportive on this forum, and giving your answers to that questionnaire. Big thanks to users helping to answer eachother's questions. Congrats to winners of Crownstar's giveaway! Thanks again crownstar that was very thoughtful and generous. Clap

By the way Aharri, thanks for the info about the black cap being the approved tresseme. I just got myself a bottle today and it was the black cap. I loved it as a detangler. Compared to the kinky curly knot today, it has more of a lubricated feeling. I guess this is due to it having a few more quatsalts. This definitely helped with detangling, so this is probably a better detangler than the knot today. It definitely is the type of product that if you put a lot full strength your hair feels like it has residue, where as the kkkt seems to absorb into your hair better. As a leave in it will take some getting used to, but so far I like it. Have fun on vacation!Smile
Originally posted by pdthompson pdthompson wrote:

To Pinkecube, MsDeeKay, DenzKoils 

Thanks for all that you are and have been doing with this awesome undertaking.  The new website looks great, the videos are great visuals and the answers to questions are very helpful.  You all are deserving of time with your family and other matters beside hair and that should be respected. Please take the time to get the proper rest and nutrition that is needed to stay healthy and balance. Nothing is worth your health.  I am a nurse and I say this with the best intentions.  

I will be returning to work and grad school tomorrow.  I will not be able to post as much as I have been doing, however I will try to catch up on all the postings on the weekends.  I will try to do as much as I can at least every 3-5 days with the MHM.   I wish everybody much success with their MHM journey.  

Thank you so much for the advice and understanding pdthomposonBig smile I took it. I'm glad you like the website! good luck with grad school!Clap

Originally posted by KinkyCoily KinkyCoily wrote:

Hi Kinky Coily, I bolded the problem ingredients
Soultanical gel

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

I just wanted to post an update on my hair.
I've done the method approximately 15 times so far without ever going more than 3 days in between. I did the method last night and I am noticing changes. My hair shows hydration on the ends right now (about 1/3 of the way up my shaft) and it's pretty much all over my head. My hair feels different when it's wet in general. My hair is heavier and feels like the water is in the inside shaft of my hair instead of sitting on top of my strands. It's so cool.
I've been using flaxseed gel and I've made some changes with the recipe to make it thicker and it made a huge difference. I don't think I'm going to allow myself to go longer than two days before I redo my hair because I feel like that makes a huge difference moisture wise.  I also noticed that my hair respond better if I put everything on warm. Warm everything or use warm water when mixing for every step. My hair seems to accept the moisture better that way.
Hopefully this post helps someone out there. Just keep being consistent and I know we'll all get there soon enough.
Hey, I'm going to try making FSG this weekend. Glad to hear you and MsDeeKay like it and had good results. I, too, apply everything warm now (except the gel, for now). One time I made a fresh batch of clay mix and applied it while it was still warm, and my hair was LOVELY! Nice and shiny clumps. So I think I'm going to make smaller clay batches going forward. Not sure why, but I feel like my hair responds better to fresh, warm batches.

Give the FSG a try. You might find you like it. Took me awhile to get it right but I'm loving it.
Great advice tallbeautie, glad you figured it out and had good results! I've been considering trying flaxseed again soon. Thanks everyone for sharing your flaxseed recipies and experience with the flaxseed.Big smile it has been really helpful.
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Peace, Queens!! €:) I'm getting ready to do another batch of my Clay mixture but I want to try also adding AVC & Cayenne Pepper & Essential Oil (Tea Tree) for extra benefits & stimulation... I've been trying to find the exact amount but I can't seem to find any specifications... Does anybody knows the exact measurements? Thank you in advance!!

Hey Muslimah Dominicana.

Some ladies add ACV to their clay mix for hair. But the people I have seen do this were not doing MHM. A quick search online showed me numerous natural hair girls using ACV in their clay mix.

However, I would wonder if that would be too much for your hair depending on which of the MHM procedures you are doing. Are you doing the method for bald spots/alopecia? We already use ACV/BS to open up the cuticles, could using ACV again at another point become problematic for your hair?

As per cayenne pepper and an essential oil, the MHM procedure for bald spots allows for cayenne pepper, but I wonder if rather than putting pepper in your clay mix, you should just make an oil that you use whenever you like on your scalp. I mean, make an oil with lets say olive oil, cayenne pepper and tea tree oil that you simply apply to your scalp at some point while MHMing.

Anyway, was just thinking of how to answer your question until Pinke or Msdeekay come through.

Good luck.

thanks for getting to this question, solomonsydelleClap great tips and advice. @Muslimah you would already be doing an acv rinse before hand, but adding stimulating oils and pepper to the clay rinse is fine. Are you doing this for the bald spot recovery regimen? it is here: http://maxhydrationmethod.com/2014/08/05/mhm-bald-spot-recovery-regimen/

Originally posted by cprealtor cprealtor wrote:

Hi Pinkecube,

Hi cprealtor, welcome to the journey. Smileyes that conditioner is fine, I dont see any no no ingredients. Yes those 2 products tend to cause issues for many of those with low porosity and type 4 hair. The aloe is more of an issue in conditioner, where as in gel, it will dry and form a cast. Ultimately it isn't an official no-no so if you know you are not sensitive you can go for it at your own discretion. I still do not recommend coconut oil in this regimen, it is one thing if it is an ingredient in a product with other ingredients in it. Its another if you are using it as a sealant in this regimen, or are trying to use it in the clay step, which would not be approved. HTH

Originally posted by <span>NaturalCaramello</span><span> </span><span> </span><span style=font-size:12px;line-height:1.4> NaturalCaramello   wrote:

Thank you PinkCube for creating this method.  It has b een truly a blessing from God.  I was busted and disgusted with my hair before I started this method.  

I was tired of twisting my hair nightly to wear twist outs or wearing twists as a protective style because it was causing major split ends. I was thinking about cutting my hair.   I couldn't believe I had been natural since November 2009, and this was all the hair I had to show for it.  So this method has caused me to love my hair again, and the shrinkage from the wash n go prevented me from cutting my hair! My hair is healthy and hydrated. People ask me how do I get those curls, and I tell them about the method and I also tell them that your hair has to be hydrated to curl.
I always love hearing these kinds of testimoniesSmile welcome to the journey, NaturalCaramello! I'm glad you are getting great result, thanks for sharing the love!

Originally posted by <span>Ethomas137</span><span> </span><span style=font-size:12px;line-height:1.4> Ethomas137  wrote:

Hey,
I did my first twists yesterday. My hair came out great. I am not a wng person. I had only tried a wng before starting this method once or twice. Even with the method I get a wash n fro lol. The twists were grea t. I also stretched them.  I live in nyc so wng will not be for me when the weather gets cold.

Great to hear you had great results with twists and that you're loving them Clap

Originally posted by <span>cdncoily </span><span> </span><span style=font-size:12px;line-height:1.4> cdncoily   wrote:

Pinkecube, thank you so much! Since it started with an "aqueous" extract I'd thought maybe it would be different but in the past when I tried pure shea butter on my hair it was a waxy mess for sure (regardless of whether it was mixed with oil or heated up). I trust your instincts on this because everything you've said has been working for me so far. The closer I can stick to the original regimen, the better my results are.

And GOOD NEWS: After all this searching and checking out alternative products, I finally found the approved Tresemme conditioner! I thought there was no hope I'd ever see the right one, lol. I tried it out as a cowash yesterday (I stuck with KCKT for DC) and then as a leave-in this morning and I already knew I'd love it, but wow. I knew I could trust you guys on this even though I've had *terrible* experience with Tresemme in the past (with or without cones, lol). I've gained so much product knowledge and my hair has improved so much. I'm immensely grateful!

You're welcome, I'm glad that it helped and that you found and loved the approved tresemme conditioner!

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 15 2014 at 7:55pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>tyniagf1</span> tyniagf1 wrote:

Ok so I tried what pinkecube said and basically got more meticulous with my clay step. My hair normally looked white with it on but i still would see i guess you would call it a lot of halo frizz around my coils. So i just added more to my head this time. Also normally on friday i would start the regimen and sleep with the dc in my hair, well the last two times i sleep with the clay in my hair. seemed like the dc was about to start bothering my scalp. So i think adding more clay really really help. I see a lot less frizz and one of my coworkers just noticed the same thing, she said the curls look way more defined and separated today.

Thanks for sharing, tyniagf I'm glad the advice worked out!

Originally posted by <strong>CurlyMeema</strong> CurlyMeema wrote:

Thanks.  After leaving the condition in for 14 hours (I also steamed for an hour) and then sleeping with the clay my hair felt MUCH better.  I have more coils and no crunch.  I tried to post a picture but I received an error.  I did the 2nd day of the 7 day challenge (up to clay and slept with the clay last night), I was  able to wash the clay out and style and still get to work on time this morning though I did plop out some of the moisture so that I didn't arrive to work with dripping hair.

Hi, CurlyMeema if you are having issues posting you can email the pics to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com I'm glad you and Tyniagf tried the advice about the clay and sharing your feedback, I'm glad this helped you guys Smile

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 8:03pm
Msdeekay I'm not going to be doing the clay for a while so I won be able to send any pictures. Hopefully one of the other ladies that is having an issue will take pics. For right now I have to trust my gut on this. I had the same drying issues with terressentials when I used it.

I will take a break and then reassess in a few weeks.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

Ladies, I hope you can help me-- I have a hair emergency! :O

I switched to green clay 2 days ago & it felt awful & gritty. Since then I had itching & seem to have these weird whitish green deposits at my roots I can't get rid of. If I scrape at it, it forms tiny clumps of clay??? I've just tried rinsing again and light cowashing (including some BS rinse as a test) once and it did nothing. I rubbed castor oil in hopes the clay will stick to that all over & now I'm going to try cowashing again. If worst comes to worst I may have to use a coco betaine shampoo I've got around or worse, sulfates. Just when I was really getting to love my hair! Dead

Before I resort to shampoo, does anyone have any tips or ideas for me? I don't wanto to start all over again if I can help it! Cry
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

On the positive side: All the residue is off my roots. The peppermint tingle from the shampoo is nice (I can still feel it on my scalp). Negative side: I tried to focus on my scalp but the suds crept right up. I probably used too much shampoo tbh. Lost a bunch of hair just like how it used to be before I started MHM. And worst of all (for me): my hair is huge again. :'( (Like you said I'm pretty sure I didn't lose ALL the moisture I gained with 3 weeks of MHMing but it's still disheartening.)

Something else I noticed: Although there was definitely clay IN it, I don't think clay was the real culprit after all. I think I had just plain old product *build up* there (probably from the non-approved conditioner I was using for a while), and a few bits of clay stuck to that. So maybe I just needed a clarifying shampoo. Now that I'm only using approved products, I'll see how it goes I guess. In fact I tested some leftover green clay mixture on my freshly cleaned and conditioned hair and it was still grittier than I'd like but not as bad as last time, and a bunch of frizz turned instantly perfectly coily, with nothing left behind at all after I rinsed. I only used the green clay *once* so I'm sure it was actually build up and not the clay itself after all!

Really appreciate your thoughts, DenzKoils. This would have been a lot more upsetting to me if I were completely on my own!
Thank you DenzKoils for helping out cdncoily with her issues with the clay. cdncoily Sorry about your issues with the clay getting stuck in your hair. It is possible the product build up was the culprit if you didn't have any issues this time around. Another user who had issues washing out the clay ended up finding that the residue from coconut oil (which tends to build up) was stuck on her scalp because she decided to mix that in with the clay in replacement of olive oil. The next time, I don't think you may need to go as far as shampooing. It should be enough to rinse the clay out in small sections starting from the back of your head under running shower water. Kind of like everything we do is in sections from root to tip to make sure our strands are thoroughly coated with product, it helps to rinse out things the same way to assure you are getting all over your head. That is the tricky thing about shrinkage. Sorry about the slight setback from the shampoo. You can try watering down your conditioner less while you DC for the next few washes, DC overnight or steam if you haven't been. It will bounce back.

If you think your hair felt stripped after the shampoo, and you feel it still hasn't entirely bounced back, you can also do a super quick ACV rinse and just apply it all over your head and rinse out after a couple of minutes. ACV really helps to correct your hair when it gets stripped. What did you do after shampooing, did you make sure to DC afterward? That would help to replace some of the moisture as well.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 15 2014 at 8:18pm
Funfo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funfo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Thank you, lovemycoils03. For my Type 4 hair, wash n go means wash n stay! But when you talk in terms of moisture, then I can relate to that. So, hopefully, people can catch on to the moisture part and be willing to give the MHM a chance.

Edited by Funfo20 - Aug 15 2014 at 10:10pm
Funfo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funfo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 10:16pm
Thank you, KinkyCoily! Hoping that all goes well too.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 289>
  Share Topic