Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 282>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:17pm
You are welcome msdeekay.  I am still researching, adding and subjecting from the original recipe with mixed results.  I would like the results to be consistent for at least 3 weeks before I declare it to be a winner.
Sponsored Links

pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:41pm
I just want to say to everybody stay encourage and positive.  Even the small results are encouraging for somebody. I have curl definition but I am still struggling with dry crunchy hair.  I am very heavy hand with product application.  Also I realize I was rushing through the process because of time constraints and using the abbreviated method is giving me different results from the long version.  

We are training our hair to react differently and it is going to take some time.  Focus on the positive. For me that means I have learned to wear my hair in wash and go (love the little coils), Cherry Lola is my new protein treatment (love what it does to my hair), less shedding and breakage.  I am due for a Cherry Lola because I am having a little more shedding this fourth week but nothing like I was having before starting this method.  Maybe starting off with a clean slate might be what my hair needs in going forward.  I will be doing a Cherry Lola this weekend. Clap
Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:05pm
Question: Has anybody had any sensitivity toward the Cherry Lola Treatment? I finally got all my products for the Cherry Lola Caramel... I'm a little nerves because I had a horrible experience doing a protein treatment a few months ago... €:( Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi dom i want my hair to grow like crazy too. How many times a week do u do ya hair? And do u ghee at night too. What do u think contributed to ya hair growth thnx.
Hi afrolistic, Dominican Morenita should get back to your other questions. But I can answer that she did do the bald spot regimen once. The MHM bald spot regimen is here in detail:

http://maxhydrationmethod.com/2014/08/05/mhm-bald-spot-recovery-regimen/

Brief steps are:

Step 1. ACV (can also add cayenne pepper)
Step 2. Clay (with cayenne pepper and light stimulating oils added)
Step 3. Apply light oils to scalp(I Recommend a light oil mixed with stimulating antimicrobial oils)
Step 4. Deep condition with MHM approved conditioner for 2-3 weeks straight, 24 hours a day before repeating whole regimen.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 07 2014 at 11:05pm
MrsEllis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MrsEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:13pm
It looks like the lurkers have struck again - lol!  I'm not a gambling person, but i would be willing to bet that most of the purchases that let to the conditioner being out of stock online followed links from this thread to get there.  

FYI to everyone, the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner was back in stock of ONE of the three stores in my city and I bought a few bottles today.

I am so glad it is back because I bought a bottle of the Tresemme Naturals Avocado Oil and Aloe Vera Conditioner to use in the interim.  I bought this one because the local stores do not have the Orange and Lemongrass and the ingredient list was almost exactly the same as the orange one when compared to the list on walgreens.com.  However, I used it for one day and my hair did not seem to like it.  I think I will stick to the TJTT. Wink 

Anyhoo, happy hydrating, all!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

@pinkecube: Hi. Hopefully this question will be quick (& the last time I bug you about products). I've been sensitive to coconut in the past-- I think I might give (diluted) *shea* a chance because the waxy part of it can be dissolved in BS/vinegar rinse while the other good stuff stays behind. It's also non-comedogenic for my sensitive skin. (As far as I can tell I don't think the same can be said for coconut oil in either category.)

So I'm wondering if you agree vinegar/BS would do the trick to keep shea build-up at bay, and if these (thin, runny) shea conditioners could work with MHM, ven if only as a rinse-out cowash to stretch out my costs on use of KCKT:

Alaffia EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Conditioner (950ml/32oz for less than 8oz KCKT!)
http://well.ca/products/alaffia-everyday-shea-moisturizing_30547.html
Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea
(Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium
Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Lavender Essential Oil,
Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

Alaffia Shea & Honey Nourishing Conditioner (8oz is affordably priced)
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Shea-Honey-Nourishing-Conditioner-19p150.htm
Aqueous infusion of rooibos (aspalathus linearis), shea (butyrospermum
parkii) butter*, African wild honey**, behentrimonium chloride (and)
cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), vegetable emulsifying wax,
hydrolyzed oat protein, potassium sorbate, essential oils (sweet orange
and ylang ylang), limonene (from essential oil), citric acid

Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner (decent price 8oz again)
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Coffee-Shea-Revitalizing-Conditioner-19p154.htm
Herbal infusion of Fair Trade Coffee (Caffea robusta), Shea
(Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Aloe, Behentrimonium Chloride (and)
Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax,
Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils (Orange, Spearmint & Lemongrass),
Citric Acid, Limonene (from essential oil)

(These are not only reasonably priced but ingredients are fair trade, sourced from Togo.)

My experience with shea butter based products have personally ended pretty disappointingly. I didn't use this specific product, but a key thing I notice as a problem is instead of the first ingredient being water, it is a shea extract, and then right after it is shea butter. I tried a conditioner I saw at vitamin shoppe because it was big and cheap. The product also had emulsifying wax as well.

But basically when I tried this, it had no slip, wasn't moisturizing, left my hair extrememly white, to the point where nothing I did would get it off despite me having watered it down, and then it left flakes in my hair. So I never specifically considered my self sensitive to products with shea butter, I just found them ineffective.

Shea moisture was never something my hair really seemed to responded to, something about these shea based products-- the formulation just makes it squeaky and devoid of any slip and it didn't feel moisturizing. But it is possible that is my sensitivity causing it to feel that way.

I think that squeaky unmoisturizing nature comes from shea butter. The sitting white on top of my hair thing probably comes from the emulsifying wax too. I feel like this would be a much better formulation if the ingredient list for the first one looked like this:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, , Palm Stearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Lavender Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

instead of:

Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea
(Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium
Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Lavender Essential Oil,
Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

The one I used was similar to the formulation you are showing me, but I have to grab the bottle and find out the specific name. Either way it seems like 2/3 of what you showed me has no no ingredients. The every day shea I find to just be an ineffective formulation. Emulsifying wax is an ingredient I feel suspicious about as well, but it is water soluble, so.. maybe only use it as a cleanser not, a DC or leave in.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 07 2014 at 11:22pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by cnomad11 cnomad11 wrote:

Oh no no no! lol

In regards to what I did, twice, during the first seven days IS do steps 1-3 (deep conditioning with a shower cap for an hour), rinsing out the clay then doing another deep condition/ghe overnight and finishing up with (another clay treatment after the overnight deep condition)- i.e. steps 3-5 the morning after. I hope this makes sense. Maybe if I explain it like this:

TWICE DURING INITIAL WEEK
Night before: 1 (30mins), 2 (1 hour), 3 (1-2hours), overnight deep condition
Next morning: 3 (1 hour), 4, then 5

What I'm asking about in regards to my yoga- option 1- is if I could do, what I did last night, which is sleep overnight with the clay and do steps 4 and 5 right before heading to yoga and doing a brief 4 and 5 step re-do as a result of all the sweating induced by the class. I would light to make it clear that the room is 90-100 degrees with 40% humidity; so I'm not talking about normal sweating, I'm talking dripping and soaking wet with sweat. It's like detoxing in a sauna, but doing yoga as well instead of just sitting still. This may go;

LAST NIGHT, TONIGHT, AND YOGA PROPOSAL
Night before: 1 (30mins), 2 (1 hour), 3 (overnight)
Morning after: 4 and 5
[then yoga class]
After yoga: 4 and 5

Is this better?
Oh okay,lol yes that is definetly fine to do. you can sleep with the clay overnight and continue the steps in the morning.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Question: Has anybody had any sensitivity toward the Cherry Lola Treatment? I finally got all my products for the Cherry Lola Caramel... I'm a little nerves because I had a horrible experience doing a protein treatment a few months ago... €:( Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi Muslimah, welcome to the journey. yes, you should be fine with the cherry lola. The egg is optional. Overall this is a animal based protein treatment, so you will not have issues if your hair is low porosity. Just don't do it more often than 2 weeks.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:52pm
Could I use a product similar to the EcoCustard (that is usually made with Eco Styler gel and oil) but instead use an approved gel, such as flax, but mixed with shea butter or coconut butter and oil to make a "curly pudding"??? Would this be easily removed with the approved cleansing methods, or would this be too heavy?
Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Hi Muslimah, welcome to the journey. yes, you should be fine with the cherry lola. The egg is optional. Overall this is a animal based protein treatment, so you will not have issues if your hair is low porosity. Just don't do it more often than 2 weeks.

Thank You So Much For Taking Your Time To Answer My Concern, Pinke!! Your Time & Selflessness Is Very Much Appreciated!! I Love You & MsDeeKay To Pieces!! :-D #TeamMaximumHydration :-D #BecauseWeAreWorthIt!! ~_~
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style