Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

Hi all, I have a quick question. I want to start doing one of the shorter versions specifally version #2. Now i tried this method before maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. It really didnt give me the same results that i was getting with the longer version. so went back to the longer version figured maybe i need to get more hydration in my hair first. So i tried it again and still not as good. I get a lot less definiton with this method. A lot more fuzz and frizz with this version. So my question is in method #2 instead of doing the clay first then baking soda can i do the baking soda first then clay. Just basically the same as the long version just taking out the DC.  Also i would really love to see some pics of some set styles i.e. twist outs, braid outs, and bantu knot outs.
TIA
I tried "mini-MHM" and agree you need to be pretty hydrated before you can get away with it. I was fine on day 1 of doing it that way, but it went downhill from there, lol. Unless you're also saving the cowash between the BS and clay until after the two rinses, your described option is the original MHM, isn't it? Unless I'm missing something. Embarrassed

Yes, I was wondering why the clay has to go before the baking soda in version two and if it would be ok to do the baking soda first, clay, co wash, then leave in and gel. Just basically the original version minus the deep conditioning.

Not saying you couldn't do it but the baking soda is used to open the cuticle for the conditioner. I don't think there would be a need to open the cuticle for the clay. Not sure if the clay would be as effective before the conditioner as the baking soda.

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 07 2014 at 9:29am
Sponsored Links

tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

Hi all, I have a quick question. I want to start doing one of the shorter versions specifally version #2. Now i tried this method before maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. It really didnt give me the same results that i was getting with the longer version. so went back to the longer version figured maybe i need to get more hydration in my hair first. So i tried it again and still not as good. I get a lot less definiton with this method. A lot more fuzz and frizz with this version. So my question is in method #2 instead of doing the clay first then baking soda can i do the baking soda first then clay. Just basically the same as the long version just taking out the DC.  Also i would really love to see some pics of some set styles i.e. twist outs, braid outs, and bantu knot outs.
TIA
I tried "mini-MHM" and agree you need to be pretty hydrated before you can get away with it. I was fine on day 1 of doing it that way, but it went downhill from there, lol. Unless you're also saving the cowash between the BS and clay until after the two rinses, your described option is the original MHM, isn't it? Unless I'm missing something. Embarrassed

Yes, I was wondering why the clay has to go before the baking soda in version two and if it would be ok to do the baking soda first, clay, co wash, then leave in and gel. Just basically the original version minus the deep conditioning.

Not saying you could do it but the baking soda is used to open the cuticle for the conditioner. I don't think there would be a need to open the cuticle for the clay. Not sure if the clay would be as effective before the conditioner as the baking soda.

Ok I get it. Wonder what my results would be if I omit the clay as well. I think that is how danabnatural does her co wash during the week. Thanks for your response.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:12am

What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that. TIA
I'm putting my hair in two 'pineapples' or puffs and sleeping with a silk scarf. I refresh with water in the morning and for each day between washes. This seems to work really well. My hair doesn't all hang down yet, although it's much better and I actually have movement in it when dry. Thus, when I've tried the roll, pin, and tuck night routine, it turns out into a fro on my hair. I hope this helps.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that. TIA
I'm putting my hair in two 'pineapples' or puffs and sleeping with a silk scarf. I refresh with water in the morning and for each day between washes. This seems to work really well. My hair doesn't all hang down yet, although it's much better and I actually have movement in it when dry. Thus, when I've tried the roll, pin, and tuck night routine, it turns out into a fro on my hair. I hope this helps.
I cant seem to post a reply to other threads....so hopefully it shows up here.

Hi guys, 
Check out drugstore.com for the approved conditioner. It's $6.39 per bottle and standard shipping is $5.99.
The ingredients match what Dee posted.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=265188&catid=183412
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:31am

Im not wearing wash n goes so I two strand twist my hair when I wear a twist out.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:31am

Hi guys, 
Check out drugstore.com for the approved conditioner. It's $6.39 per bottle and standard shipping is $5.99.

It's out of stock on there...I hope someone tries buying it from walmart so we can see if they sell the approved version online. I will try once I run out of my 6 bottles. (currently about halfway through the first bottle and its been 2-3 weeks.) They will probably take one month to use per bottle
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:34am
Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by secret_karma secret_karma wrote:

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello. I just joined the site and read a lot of the posts in this thread and will be starting this method soon. I tried the Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment this weekend and it didn't help with any definition, but my hair was very soft and hung a bit more; which isn't typical for my hair since it's extra thick and dense. I'm going to try the regular Cherry Lola Treatment in a couple of weeks before I start; I'm waiting to use up some of the products I have that are almost gone.

Hi secret_karma, welcome to the thread.
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Hi guys, 

It's out of stock on there...I hope someone tries buying it from walmart so we can see if they sell the approved version online. I will try once I run out of my 6 bottles. (currently about halfway through the first bottle and its been 2-3 weeks.) They will probably take one month to use per bottle

Has anyone found or tried the other two tresemme conditioners pinkecube said we could use?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 288>
  Share Topic