Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 2:32pm
I had the same problem! I was following all of the steps every other day and then all of a sudden my hair was dry, frizzy and my scalp itched at night.  I modified the regimine where I only do the Clay every 4th day and I stopped using the tressemme naturals with aloe vera.  Now I only use Trader Joes and Tresemme Naturals radiant volume.  My hair loves!  On the days that I use the Clay, I use it 1st then use the conditioner/baking soda and then steam with conditioner for 10-15 minutes.
Sponsored Links

nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 2:41pm
So on this page (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page46.html) Pinkecube wrote what to look for after the clay step: 'So after ur hair is completely rinsed, you are looking for signs of increased moisture retention, and strands that have max hydration. The earliest signs of moisture retention i noticed, is when you touch your roots, you will feel coils/ bumps.'

I am super excited and encouraged! I am only at week 2 day 2. I completed the first week after 7 consecutive days, splitting the regimen night/day. I started out using TJTTT conditioner and loved the results. But after I began using the approved TRESemme' naturals conditioner is when I began feeling MANY MORE firm 'protrusions' beyond my nape area. I mean above the ears and around the back I can feel those tiny coily bumps. I remember thinking "does this mean what I think it means!", and honestly I couldn't keep my fingers away from my roots the entire day. Thanks for confirming Pinkecube :) I'm definitely on my way.
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 4:17pm
Thanks
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 4:18pm
Anyone else having issues with flaky gel? I may be using too much conditioner in my leave in or too much gel period.....but both of my gel formulations have been extra flaky lately. All I was missing was a bowl and some milkConfused 1) flaxseed gel with pectin and oil. 2) flaxseed gel with, xanthan gum and oil 3) xanthan gum, guar gum, and oil.  Perhaps....I should leave out the oil???
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@pinkecube I have been the original version. Cherry Lola every 2 weeks, baking soda with TJTT conditioner with water added, GHE overnight with TJTT conditioner, mud wash with the ingredients you suggested, watered down KCKT, Watered down GTCG in an applicator bottle. I sent you pictures the day before yesterday to the original email address you gave me. I love the results of my hair, I just don't like the crunchy and dry feeling. Also, once I start school I will not be able to do this regimen . I will be going back to protective styles until I get a break. Do you have any advice to keep your hair hydrated when in protective styles such as marley twist? Thanks for all your help @pinkecube!

Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@pinkecube, did you see this?

Sorry Kaforres I hadn't seen this comment yet. yes I posted your second set of pictures:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10956655.?KW=png#10956655 - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10956655.html?KW=png#10956655

Just to let you know, you do not have to do the cherry lola every 2 weeks, it is optional. I just say do not do it more often than every 2 weeks. I personally do it like every 3 months, or when ever I feel like it.

I think the crunch is something that improves as you continue the regimen. One thing that has given me consistent results of no crunch is wetting my hair right after the clay rinse and applying conditioner all over my head under the shower stream. You can choose to water down this conditioner to like 1 oz and 7 oz of water, apply it all over your head and wet your hair so it is dripping wet. This has been noticably effective in not getting the issue with crunch. As you apply your gel you can then rewet sections or add more watered down conditioner where needed. It's worth a try.

Well when it braids you can implement the clarifying techniques and try to keep GHEing/DCing at night or steam. You can basically do the regimen maybe once or twice a week-- and that will help some in comparison to doing nothing while the braids are in. I would be careful with the clay rinse because you don't want it stuck in your braids. You may end up only being able to do the clarifying step and not the clay. Just remember there is a way to do the regimen with wigs too, and you can braid your hair underneath as a protective style. although you would have you take your hair loose every wash, and do continuous DCing under the wig between washes to prevent setbacks. Basically this would be the MHM baldspot regimen. It is very effective for hair growth, and you can oil your scalp (no heavy butter) as well. You're welcome, hope this helps!

Pink can you give me more details on the "MHM baldspot" regimen?  I have traction alopecia and am hoping to grow some of the lost hair back.
naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

I had the same problem! I was following all of the steps every other day and then all of a sudden my hair was dry, frizzy and my scalp itched at night.  I modified the regimine where I only do the Clay every 4th day and I stopped using the tressemme naturals with aloe vera.  Now I only use Trader Joes and Tresemme Naturals radiant volume.  My hair loves!  On the days that I use the Clay, I use it 1st then use the conditioner/baking soda and then steam with conditioner for 10-15 minutes.

Do you know if this is going to stunt your results. Pinke said each step has a purpose and if you're skipping a step...won't that slow down your result? 
MrsEllis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrsEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 9:50pm
Hello, Everyone.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on recent posts since my last visit, so please forgive me if this comment has already been made, but I had to post it, just in case.  

I started this method when I first read through the thread about a month or so ago and bought two bottles of the tea tree conditioner to begin the MHM.  When I purchased it, there were several shelves full of it, plus two large displays of it in the store.  Fast forward to today when I went to get more since I am now out of it and there were no bottles on the shelves or any where else in the store.  Two employees told me that they had been out of stock for two weeks and were not sure when it would be in stock again.  When I told them how much was in the store last month, one employee said that there have been a couple of write-ups about it online and it has been sold out ever since.  

I have seen several other very popular naturals recommend the TJTTT conditioner, yet I've never heard it being sold out so often and for so long until the MHM began to become more popular.  There are over 184K views of this thread and even though everyone is not posting and some are even complaining about how long the process takes, they are obviously buying up the TJTTT because I couldn't get any today!  LOL!  

Anyhoo, just thought that was funny, although no so much when I was leaving the store without my conditioner!  Smile

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 10:17pm
Ok so I was under the impression that the tresseme naturals radiant volume approved conditioner is the old forumla (the one with sweet orange and lemongrass) with the black top, however people on amazon are saying that the one with the white top is the old version and the approved conditioner is the new formula?

http://www.amazon.com/TRESemme-Naturals-Radiant-Volume-Conditioner/product-reviews/B0037LG6UW/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending

A person on there said they recevied a version with the black top instead of the white as advertised in the picture on amazon then proceeded to say that the black top was the new version and the white top is the old version. If this is true, then we could possibly get the MHM approved conditioner from amazon too? Can anyone clarify my findings? Lol

Edited by aharri23 - Aug 05 2014 at 10:18pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 10:21pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXv2p0rFVn0&list=UUWVkXZnMGimzb45ZfSXxt2g

If you see in this video dana says she ordered the tresseme naturals from walmart.com in the description box, however she still has the one with the black top, but if you look on walmart.com they advertise the one with the white top (the bad formula) one person here pointed out how the approved MHM conditioner has the black top..soo perhaps the bad formula is the old version and the good formula is the new one? I need to do more research LOL
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume with sweet orange and lemon grass

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume With Sweet orange (Not the same product, they are trying to pretend it is the same but it has a more drying formulation)

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Caprylyl Glycol, Aspartic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Benzyl Alcohol(oily but not fatty alcohol, still drying), Citric Acid, Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract (USDA Certified Organic Extracts: Aloe Vera, Sweet Orange, and Avocado), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (USDA Certified Organic Extracts: Aloe Vera, Sweet Orange, and Avocado).

To my knowledge they took it off the shelves, and they are selling online a new formulation that is more drying. the only site i could find the old formula was

http://www.desktopdrugstore.com/tresemme-naturals-radiant-volume-conditioner.html?gclid=CIzB1-eUvr0CFSwdOgodWVcAwg

Ok I think I may have figured something out, pinke the first version you post has a white cap which is the 1st tresseme naturals version, but most of us ordering from walgreens get the tresseme naturals with the black top (3rd version), but it's still the approved version. I think the one with the black top (the one on walgreens.com) is the new formula. The bad formula that isn't MHM approved is discontinued (the one with the white top) is the 2nd version.

As you can see here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=688995

black top = new version

http://www.curlyincolorado.com/2013/08/tresemme-naturals-conditioner-formula.html

in this picture you see both conditioners have sweet orange and lemongrass, but one has a white top and one has a black top (both are approved for MHM) black is the new version. I think the bad formula that pinke talked about earlier is discontinued.

IN CONCLUSION.. you can probably order the conditioner from any website and it will be the approved version. I hope my research was not in vain. LOL im a nerd. ok bye sorry for triple post ;D

Edited by aharri23 - Aug 05 2014 at 10:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 291>