Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 282>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ElsieJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by eeshmo09 eeshmo09 wrote:

Originally posted by Rebekah93 Rebekah93 wrote:

For anyway located near South London, Black Beauty in Catford stock a lot of US products. T<span style="line-height: 1.4;">hey have Curls, Jane Carter and Shea Moisture products although I'm not sure of specifics, but hopefully the approved products are there. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The owner also said he's waiting on Kinky Curly products to be delivered. Hope this helps someone!</span>

thanks for this, the KCNT alone is worth the trek from Stratford..

also glad to know Naked Shine Rescue is approved, I liked how it made my hair felt and at a mere fiver from Boots, give it a try if you haven't :)

You can get KCNT from a hair shop across the road from dalston kingsland station, at least from this blog post from 2 years ago: http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08/natural-hair-product-shopping-kinky.html

Never tried to buy from there personally so don't know if still selling. Where does it say naked shine rescue is approved?
Sponsored Links

eeshmo09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeshmo09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

For anyway located near South London, Black Beauty in Catford stock a lot of US products. T<span style="line-height: 1.4;">hey have Curls, Jane Carter and Shea Moisture products although I'm not sure of specifics, but hopefully the approved products are there. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The owner also said he's waiting on Kinky Curly products to be delivered. Hope this helps someone!</span>

also glad to know Naked Shine Rescue is approved, I liked how it made my hair felt and at a mere fiver from Boots, give it a try if you haven't :)

You can get KCNT from a hair shop across the road from dalston kingsland station, at least from this blog post from 2 years ago:  http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08atural-hair-product-shopping-kinky. - http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08/natural-hair-product-shopping-kinky.html

Never tried to buy from there personally so don't know if still selling. Where does it say naked shine rescue is approved?

oh no I totally mis-read thought I saw a thumbs up earlier plus pinke mentioned another conditioner right under the Naked Rescue so didn't realise. my mistake for any confusion just got excited there! 2 years ago?
eeshmo09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeshmo09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 6:25pm
edited comment

</span>

thanks for this, the KCKT alone is worth the trek from Stratford..the only other condish I use regularly is the Curls Ectasy my hair loves it when deep conditioning/ ghe but not so much as a leave-in, I usually layer it under KCKT.
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 8:04pm
@naturally50 and all others who are mixing the clay with a blender or mixer that has a metal attachment, you might want to do some research. Here is what I found on the internet.

It is a “healing clay,” a clay that absorbs impurities such as toxins and heavy metals either when ingested or applied topically. According to Mountain Rose Herbs,

Bentonite is very unusual in the fact that once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an “electrical charge”… When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

It is for this reason that bentonite clay should never be stored in a metal container or stirred with a metal since the clay absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.

HTH
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 9:58pm

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

</span>

You can get KCNT from a hair shop across the road from dalston kingsland station, at least from this blog post from 2 years ago:  http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08atural-hair-product-shopping-kinky. - http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08/natural-hair-product-shopping-kinky.html

oh no I totally mis-read thought I saw a thumbs up earlier plus pinke mentioned another conditioner right under the Naked Rescue so didn't realise. my mistake for any confusion just got excited there! 2 years ago?
Whoops, my fault for leaving out part of the name of the product. It makes it look like the chocolate conditioner is a naked rescue brand. I'll edit it so it shows faith in nature.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 03 2014 at 10:00pm
cnomad11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cnomad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 10:08pm
Hi everyone,

I've just finished reading the entire thread (proud of myself as I was determined to do so before asking any questions, etc). Plus, that's kind of just the way I am. Also a Nigerian-American so holla! lol

I'm two weeks into the method. I have a twa so it's been interesting figuring out the apply-gel-until-slip technique, especially with gummy flaxseed gel. [Thank you so much for the Rachelcpr flaxseed recipe. I just bought irish moss and marshmallow root powders today and can't wait to see how my new batch turns outBig smile].

I have one question about counting how many times we've done the treatment. Last week, there were two nights in which I did steps 1-3 followed by an overnight deep condition, then step 3 again followed by 4 and 5, the following morning. (I did this because I had for-seen that there were going to be at least 1-2 days in which I wouldn't be able to do the treatment and was determined to do it 7 consecutive times.] So my question is: Do the nights in which I did this process count as two times?

I'm asking because my logic was, it wouldn't make much sense for me to do leave in and gel then- right after that- clarify only to get right back to an overnight deep condition anyways; so I figured that doing a straight deep condition after the 'night' clay treatment made more sense.

Thoughts? I hope my explanation made sense, lol. Confused

Also, I will say that I noticed the back-center of my hair clump faster, but that's where my 4c pattern is located; so I'm not sure if the back-clumping-faster thing is really related to curl pattern, especially since the crown, and center front of my hair is a 4a pattern and that is taking longer than the back.

And for those skipping out on the clay step- Don't! I have to say it's my absolute favorite step because once I stopped being a bit lazy and separated my hair a bit during the 3rd clay application, my hair has been MUCH easier to manage period. I mean, I actually get EXCITED for this step, like all the other parts are boring and "tedious" (lol) compared to it. Yes- I get that excited. It's really uber beneficial (yes, I just used the word "uber")
Along this line, I would like to support Pinke and MsDeekay and advise peeps to try the method exactly as is FIRST with correct and approved ingredients before getting all BillNye with it. I have to commend Pinke and MsDeekay with their patience with all of us; especially when, over the process of reading through the forum, it was discovered that someone who had been posting for a while about problems, etc was consistently not truly following the method nor using ingredient approved products! I have to admit, steam flew through my ears, but- true to form- Pinke and the Ms patiently advised her the whole way. I gotta say- Wow. Clap (Especially when the thought of it still produces a little steam from time to time)

Anywho, just wish to also say: Thank you! I found this through Pinke's post under one of Afek's videos. I almost passed it up because people are always posting "try this method" under the raw vegan vids I watch, but I checked this time and found legit gold. Star Thanks so much! Smile

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

@naturally50 and all others who are mixing the clay with a blender or mixer that has a metal attachment, you might want to do some research. Here is what I found on the internet.

It is a “healing clay,” a clay that absorbs impurities such as toxins and heavy metals either when ingested or applied topically. According to Mountain Rose Herbs,

Bentonite is very unusual in the fact that once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an “electrical charge”… When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

It is for this reason that bentonite clay should never be stored in a metal container or stirred with a metal since the clay absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.

HTH
Great information CurlyGurlTash, thanks for posting this. There is a mixer with out a metal attachment that can be used as well if you still want that option, Naturally50. Danabnatural uses it in her demo video.

Glad you brought up in detail the science behind how exactly clay draws out impurities. It also explains that the clay is still effective whether it dries or not.  So it is still effective even if you decide to DC with it. Something good to keep in mind.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 03 2014 at 10:21pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 10:27pm
Eeshmo's testimony pics!ClapBig smile Clap Beer Great Reslts Eeshmo, your progress is wonderful!
More on instagram:
http://instagram.com/maxhydrationmethod
http://instagram.com/eeshmo

http://photos-e.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/10554163_252042674993692_1062229402_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10518121_608285632620163_1848875473_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10584546_671716502916580_226049950_n.jpg

http://scontent-a-iad.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10326564_307749036070061_550330702_n.jpg

ShockedHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
http://photos-e.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10576240_553664164762564_393434559_n.jpg

Eeshmo's daughter's results! WOW! ShockedBig smileClapThumbs Up
http://scontent-b-iad.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10546984_738861709504224_1067240277_n.jpg

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 03 2014 at 10:30pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by cnomad11 cnomad11 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just finished reading the entire thread (proud of myself as I was determined to do so before asking any questions, etc). Plus, that's kind of just the way I am. Also a Nigerian-American so holla! lol

I'm two weeks into the method. I have a twa so it's been interesting figuring out the apply-gel-until-slip technique, especially with gummy flaxseed gel. [Thank you so much for the Rachelcpr flaxseed recipe. I just bought irish moss and marshmallow root powders today and can't wait to see how my new batch turns outBig smile].

I have one question about counting how many times we've done the treatment. Last week, there were two nights in which I did steps 1-3 followed by an overnight deep condition, then step 3 again followed by 4 and 5, the following morning. (I did this because I had for-seen that there were going to be at least 1-2 days in which I wouldn't be able to do the treatment and was determined to do it 7 consecutive times.] So my question is: Do the nights in which I did this process count as two times?

I'm asking because my logic was, it wouldn't make much sense for me to do leave in and gel then- right after that- clarify only to get right back to an overnight deep condition anyways; so I figured that doing a straight deep condition after the 'night' clay treatment made more sense.

Thoughts? I hope my explanation made sense, lol. Confused

Also, I will say that I noticed the back-center of my hair clump faster, but that's where my 4c pattern is located; so I'm not sure if the back-clumping-faster thing is really related to curl pattern, especially since the crown, and center front of my hair is a 4a pattern and that is taking longer than the back.

And for those skipping out on the clay step- Don't! I have to say it's my absolute favorite step because once I stopped being a bit lazy and separated my hair a bit during the 3rd clay application, my hair has been MUCH easier to manage period. I mean, I actually get EXCITED for this step, like all the other parts are boring and "tedious" (lol) compared to it. Yes- I get that excited. It's really uber beneficial (yes, I just used the word "uber")
Along this line, I would like to support Pinke and MsDeekay and advise peeps to try the method exactly as is FIRST with correct and approved ingredients before getting all BillNye with it. I have to commend Pinke and MsDeekay with their patience with all of us; especially when, over the process of reading through the forum, it was discovered that someone who had been posting for a while about problems, etc was consistently not truly following the method nor using ingredient approved products! I have to admit, steam flew through my ears, but- true to form- Pinke and the Ms patiently advised her the whole way. I gotta say- Wow. Clap (Especially when the thought of it still produces a little steam from time to time)

Anywho, just wish to also say: Thank you! I found this through Pinke's post under one of Afek's videos. I almost passed it up because people are always posting "try this method" under the raw vegan vids I watch, but I checked this time and found legit gold. Star Thanks so much! Smile

Welcome to the journey, cnomad! Glad to have you trying this! It makes me happy someone has been forwarded to MHM from one of my youtube comments, thanks for reading the info and going out on a limb to found out more about this. And on top of that reading the whole forum before asking questions, wow! Awesome. I know it is a lot of pages and information, and I do appreciate you taking the time to do read through it all.

For your first question Yes, that counts as two times. It actually sounds like you were doing the bald spot( or too short for gel) version of the regimen. Now if you had only done step 1&2, then held off on the rest of the steps while you DC'd, that would not count as 1 whole completion. That's a great way to get through the first 7 day process, very effective. Going to actually start recommending that as an option for the 7 day challenge.

That is interesting you mentioned. The back section of my hair was the first to respond, although I have some 4a back there. Maybe the shade from the back of my head, or the slight curve in that area is where the hair naturally is more hydrated? I have noticed this on several ppl, but it is usually in conjunction with a looser texture, so it is interesting to hear you say you have that result even though the coils are tighter.

Glad you are liking the clay step, yes it is very important. lol glad you like it. and yes, you do want to have a handle on doing the regimen correctly and seeing results first before trying to see how your hair holds up with little tweaks here and there. It will better enable you to see the results first, and then once you experiment with other things, you can gather from the way your hair responds whether that in particular is what may be causing a setback. Where as if you start out that way, your hair may simply just not respond, and it would be more difficult to troubleshoot.

You're welcome!

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:04pm
Shocked Protective Princess Uploaded a new vid on how she preserves her hair at night! Her hair is Gorgeous! Wonderful progress, and great hair por-- I mean information!Big smile I love that you put together all the ways you maintain your hair at night. Great info, and especially your ventilated GHE. I have done that before (though not ventilated) and I liked how pliable and soft my hair was in the morning. Not much smush either. I would have to try out that ventilating technique too!

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 03 2014 at 11:06pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair