Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 8:19am
Thnx everyone who responded to me. I was just a lil dispointed that my question wasnt replied. Sorry too if i sounded rude or anythin. Hope we make this journey worthwhile for all of us. Im still here and will post pics if i see my hair is reaching hydration
Peace and love.
Sponsored Links

ElsieJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 8:33am
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Some more UK conditioners available in store that I'm not sure if mhm appropriate: 

Faith in nature seem to do a lot of moderately priced conditioners that may be compatible with mhm including their chocolate conditioner: Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassica campestris seed oil, Theobroma cacao extract, Salvia officinalis leaf extract, Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, Cetrimonium chloride, Sodium benzoate , Potassium Sorbate, Citric acid

body shop banana conditioner:Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica Fruit/Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Panthenol (Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour).

body shop rainforest radiance conditioner:Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Antistatic Agent), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Hydroxypropyl Guar (Emulsion stabilizer, Viscocity increasing agent), Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

garnier ultimate blends, very cheap available from boots. Haven't been able to find ingredients list yet but have a picture from someones website with some of the ingredients visible

So I have found the ingredients for Garnier Ultimate Blends: With Avocado Oil and Shea Butter which for 400mls is about £2 from Asda et al:
Aqua/Water
Cetrearyl Alcohol
Elaeis Guineesis Oil/ Palm Oil
Behentrimonium Chloride
Cl 5985/Yellow6
Cl 191140/Yellow5
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride
Isopropyl Alcohol
Persea Grattisima Oil/Avocado Oil
Citric Acid
Butyrospermum
Parkii Butter/Shea Butter
Hexyl Cinnamal
Glycerin
Parfum/Fragrance

Is this conditioner an ok alternative for tresemme naturals since we cant get the old formula in store anymore?

Edited by ElsieJay - Aug 02 2014 at 8:34am
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Thnx everyone who responded to me. I was just a lil dispointed that my question wasnt replied. Sorry too if i sounded rude or anythin. Hope we make this journey worthwhile for all of us. Im still here and will post pics if i see my hair is reaching hydration
Peace and love.

I am glad you are still here. Looking forward to your pics.

I think things will get better and better. I see noticeable changes about every 6 to 7 washes. Unfortunately its not something I can capture on camera.

Stay encouraged.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 9:27am
I had been using Naturelle Grow Herbal Blend for my conditioning step. I think the ingredients are good. I would post them but I haven't mastered the copy and paste on my phone.

I really like it but figured I would give the tresemme a try. My scalp is a diva and she rebelled. She really doesn't care for artificial ingredients. My scalp started itching after I had it in an hour and its itching this morning.

I will use up the bottle but will have to get back to more natural conditioners.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Peace and love.

I think things will get better and better. I see noticeable changes about every 6 to 7 washes. Unfortunately its not something I can capture on camera.

Stay encouraged.

Glad to see you haven't left for good! Yes, I agree, stay encouraged wash after wash. I'm twelve washes in and the changes are less dramatic wash to one wash now as it is over several. For me at least. 
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:32am

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Peace and love.

Stay encouraged.

Glad to see you haven't left for good! Yes, I agree, stay encouraged wash after wash. I'm twelve washes in and the changes are less dramatic wash to one wash now as it is over several. For me at least. 

Yes, I'm also happy to hear you're still here afrolistic and looking forward to seeing the pictures. 

Yes it does seem like when you get to some point in the regimen the results are kind of stagnant and then after a while you see dramatic changes again. I think pictures are so great at capturing this. For one sometimes I feel like there are no significant results until I look back at pictures/videos or someone says something to me.

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:37am
I finally saw the MHM article on curlynikki and I was baffled at how many people were complaining about how long the method took and how it was "too much" for their hair. I'll put up a video showing how I do the full MHM routine in 30 minutes with good results
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I finally saw the MHM article on curlynikki and I was baffled at how many people were complaining about how long the method took and how it was "too much" for their hair. I'll put up a video showing how I do the full MHM routine in 30 minutes with good results

WOW thanks aharri23 that would be awesome. I actually noticed that it gets more easier the more you do it and more hydrated your hair is. I dont do the whole regimen at one go but that's just me, cause I love splitting the regimen in the morning routine and night routine. I already got that rhythm down lol and also because I do it everyday and I also love the over night conditioning/GHE step. I feel like my hair has been responding better that way since I don't have a steamer. But that's just me.

But lately I've noticed that as my hair is getting more hydrated it takes product really easily which means I get to do everything in the shower really quick in big sections, including the clay and leave in and gel part. Which makes it go really quick.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:48am
Hey Elsie Jay, Pink is the PRO at decoding product ingredients, so hopefully she will pass by today or tomorrow and analyze the products for youWink ...and you'll be able to find something that is affordable and available locally to you.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:52am

I had been using Naturelle Grow Herbal Blend for my conditioning step. I think the ingredients are good. I would post them but I haven't mastered the copy and paste on my phone.

I really like it but figured I would give the tresemme a try. My scalp is a diva and she rebelled. She really doesn't care for artificial ingredients. My scalp started itching after I had it in an hour and its itching this morning.

I will use up the bottle but will have to get back to more natural conditioners.

You could also experiment with using it for the baking soda step instead and use the other one for your conditioning step. That way you still get to use both.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 292>
  Share Topic