Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 296>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

I've tried the Giovanni's LA Naturals styling gel and I was not pleased. I made my hair extra crunchy and dry. Did anyone else have this experience and were you able to find a solution to make the gel work for you?
I haven't used the gel because I know I'm protein sensitive, and want to avoid protein completely in my gels. I tried to make a note about this on page 10 where the recommended product list is. if you find it extra drying you might be effected by the protein in the gel. It's down the list after the first 5 ingredients, but it is still there and that can make it drying. But it might not be drying, it could just be crunch. Have you used any of the other recommended gels to compare?

It's also possible it could just be a trial and error thing, like at first the kccc can be crunchy, and your hair will feel dry when first starting before that starts to slowly improve, plus technique. Any others who have tried the Giovanni Gel? How has it worked out?

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 31 2014 at 2:51pm
Sponsored Links

Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by LaTonyaR LaTonyaR wrote:

I've tried the Giovanni's LA Naturals styling gel and I was not pleased. I made my hair extra crunchy and dry. Did anyone else have this experience and were you able to find a solution to make the gel work for you?
Tallbeautie...What gel do you use?.  I wanted to try it because I have use the KCC gel before the MHM method and it was just okay I thought.
LaTonya

I tried the KCCC and it's alright. Makes my hair feel dry as well. Last night I used a combination of homemade flaxseed gel and Aloe vera gel and my hair is so soft. I think that's what I'm gonna do for now on. I hate crunchy feeling hair so hopefully this will work for now on.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:56pm

Thanks Pinkecube for your quick response.  I feel so impowered to be checking the ingredients that are in my hair products.  I am so excited about sharing my results.   Thanks again.. I know how much work that goes into starting something new. I have been a business owner for 12 years.  as they say... No pain..no gain... Its just like this method it may be a bit time consuming in the beginning but, it you put in the work...You should see new fruit...
Blessings
You're welcome LaTonya. I absolutely agree, and am looking forward to your results when you get started. Thanks for the encouragement!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:00pm

Tallbeautie...What gel do you use?.  I wanted to try it because I have use the KCC gel before the MHM method and it was just okay I thought.
LaTonya

I tried the KCCC and it's alright. Makes my hair feel dry as well. Last night I used a combination of homemade flaxseed gel and Aloe vera gel and my hair is so soft. I think that's what I'm gonna do for now on. I hate crunchy feeling hair so hopefully this will work for now on.
Glad you had good results with the flaxseeds. For the gel, since it's a crunch issue, you can pretty much do the same things ppl with kccc do to get rid of the crunch. Some ppl have been watering the gel down, layering with oil, experimenting how wet their hair is with conditioner when they apply it.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

LaTonya

Glad you had good results with the flaxseeds. For the gel, since it's a crunch issue, you can pretty much do the same things ppl with kccc do to get rid of the crunch. Some ppl have been watering the gel down, layering with oil, experimenting how wet their hair is with conditioner when they apply it.

I've tried it all and still had the crunch with the other gels. I'm not sure what it is but nothing was working. Started to get frustrated so I hope this will be my go to gel for now on.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:28pm
Giovanni's LA Naturals styling gel was the first gel I used for MHM, and I was so afraid I had damaged my hair. It was beyond crunchy. It felt like my hair would break by touch or would fall out when washed. It did not.
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Giovanni's LA Naturals styling gel was the first gel I used for MHM, and I was so afraid I had damaged my hair. It was beyond crunchy. It felt like my hair would break by touch or would fall out when washed. It did not.
Nothidden
Do you still use it now?
LaTonya
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:41pm
No. I was afraid my hair would break like glass threads.

Edited by nothidden - Jul 31 2014 at 3:44pm
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:43pm
Oh, no! It was a scary experience. I use Herbal Choice Mari Hair Styling GEL for Him & Her. I will stick w/this one.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:45pm
Ugh...My reply to another post keeps winding up here!

Edited by nothidden - Jul 31 2014 at 3:46pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 296>
  Share Topic