Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 296>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by LaTonyaR LaTonyaR wrote:

Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

Just had to share...

So I when I last did the regimen I put my hair in large two-strand twists and did a twist out.  After I worked out this morning and felt my roots they were starting to separate into individual curls from the sweat!  Not fuzz but curls!  I was so geeked!

The sweat part is gross but curls = awesome sauce!
I like to workout as well...I normally wear my hair in 2 strand twist outs with only water and olive oil.  Are you using the gel and following all steps.  How long does it take your twistout to dry?  I like to twist my hair just slightly damp..Thanks in advance jlstone for your response.

Hi LaTonya,
I am using gel and following the Mini MHM method.  I liked it better because it left my hair softer than doing the clay step last and since I am doing twists and not WnG's I don't need the extra curl definition help.  I am using sweet almond oil and  the giovanni LA gel and use only a little to seal my hair and help set my twists so I don't need to do it on soaking wet hair (i use damp hair as well)  Usually it takes my twists about 2 hours to dry.  If it is close to bed time I will wrap them in a microfiber towel for 30 mins or so and that helps to remove some more of the water and dry faster.

I was using KCCC  to twist and they would never dry!  The Giovanni works great and has a light smell.
Hello Again!
What is the mini method jlstone? I ccant seem to find the Giovanni gel where I live. Do you ever difuse to spend up drying time? Do you have pics? Thanks in advance...I love this forum.
LaTonya
Sponsored Links

jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:18pm

Just had to share...

So I when I last did the regimen I put my hair in large two-strand twists and did a twist out.  After I worked out this morning and felt my roots they were starting to separate into individual curls from the sweat!  Not fuzz but curls!  I was so geeked!

I like to workout as well...I normally wear my hair in 2 strand twist outs with only water and olive oil.  Are you using the gel and following all steps.  How long does it take your twistout to dry?  I like to twist my hair just slightly damp..Thanks in advance jlstone for your response.

Hi LaTonya,
I am using gel and following the Mini MHM method.  I liked it better because it left my hair softer than doing the clay step last and since I am doing twists and not WnG's I don't need the extra curl definition help.  I am using sweet almond oil and  the giovanni LA gel and use only a little to seal my hair and help set my twists so I don't need to do it on soaking wet hair (i use damp hair as well)  Usually it takes my twists about 2 hours to dry.  If it is close to bed time I will wrap them in a microfiber towel for 30 mins or so and that helps to remove some more of the water and dry faster.

I was using KCCC  to twist and they would never dry!  The Giovanni works great and has a light smell.
Hello Again!
What is the mini method jlstone? I ccant seem to find the Giovanni gel where I live. Do you ever difuse to spend up drying time? Do you have pics? Thanks in advance...I love this forum.
LaTonya

Hi LaTonya!
here is the mini mhm
ooo Version 2: MHM Mini ooo
Step 1Wet hair
Step 2. Clay rinse
Step 3. Bakingsoda rinse
Step 4. Apply conditioner on sopping wet hair under shower. Slide off access conditioner with hands to avoid residue ( I actually detangle during this step and then sit under the dryer for 10-15 before I remove the excess conditioner. There isn't much to remove though since my hair has absorbed most of it.)
Step 5. Apply gel on sopping wet hair and keep hair wet. Shake. Or apply an gel or oil and set into style. ( I apply a little oil (sweet almond & castor mix) and then the gel and twist.

I only diffuse if I am doing WnGs.  I usually plop with the microfiber towel or sit under the dryer again if I need help with drying.
I found my giovanni at whole foods
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:26pm
I have some pics but it won't let me upload
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:46pm
Guys if you have pics and you can't figure out how to upload, you can email them to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com

Also check out our main site. The domain is going to be redirected here soon.

https://maxhydrationmethod.wordpress.com/
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 1:11pm

Just had to share...

Hi LaTonya,

Hello Again!
LaTonya
Thanks jlstone..I am looking forward to startng my Mhm journey tomorrow.  I am a little nervous though.  I have been natural since July of last year.  No relaxers for about 6 years. I had locs for 3 years and cut them off because I wanted more flexibility with my hair and again it seemed so dry.  My locs were shoulder length in 3 years.  I have been doing twist outs for the last year and trying to figure out how to keep my hair from drying out. I was a shea moisture junkie.  My hair sheds so much because it is dry. Looking forward to maybe less sheding.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks again for your quick responses and help.
LaTonya
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

@kaforres: I've noticed people just starting out have found their hair a bit crunchy in the beginning. Mine was a little like that when first dried but if I stretched it to another day, it was softer yet still defined. I think like you said that's normal until you get your moisture levels up. Some people add some oil just before the gel until they don't need it anymore. Or maybe you can try a little less gel as long as you're still coating all your strands.

Thanks again, msdeekay and pinkecube for your helpful answers. I'm still nervous about coconut oil ending up waxy since a lot of sites consider it thicker but I'll probably try that gel once I run out of KCCC. If the conditioner goes on sale, I'll give it a shot then. ^_^

about the piece on CN:
Sadly, the article leaves out a lot of key information and then there's a "lol no" at the end (right before the comments) that appears to be by Nikki herself (???). I'm sure the person writing the article meant well but was pressed for time or something? It seems instead of actually investigating and reviewing MHM in order to inform readers with a concise run down of the hows and the whys, she mostly just wrote out a highly-abbreviated version of the regimen. I hope they revisit this in more detail in the future... :/

The MHM is not just about looks or even hair health to me (though those *are* important), it's also about proving that our hair type has been ignored by most product manufacturers. It's like how 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra (and possibly suffering from it) because of antiquated sizing and dishonest store practices but it gets painted to look as though it's our own fault. Most Type 4s are forced to style less manageable hair than they *could* because of inadequate products and misinformation.

Pinkecube, I would love to see you make an MHM-optimized product line, complete with ready-to-go rinses, or better yet, some form of clay-based soap bar to do a one-step clarify with, if that's even possible. (I don't know if that's possible to do but a girl can dream, right? lol)
Yes the crunch stops happening after awhile. I had it too at first and it went away with layering oil, or just waiting until the second day. eventually the problem goes away entirely. It could be using less product because its easier to distribute it among your strands with out having to use as much.

The curly nikki post I'm not going to dwell on. I think the commenters already decided how they feel about something they haven't tried. The way I see it any publicity is good publicity. People with an open mind are going to do their own research and give it a try. They won't be disappointed either. I honestly haven't looked at the comments, though and I'm not planning to. Thank you guys for taking it upon yourselves and leaving your testimony. I think the results are going to defend themselves, and its their loss if they don't try the regimen, not mine. One thing I was concerned about is how they arranged the steps as though the cherry lola treatment is done along with the clarification step, as an additional step, when the cherry lola replaces the clarification step. Hopefully they will correct that. If not, there is always 4chairchick. Also they made it seem as though the stretching steps were apart of the regimen giving 7 total steps. People are going to see 7 steps and then it is ended with , "Lol no". So I could see the tone being set.

At the end of the day, curly nikki did not create this regimen and people are going to research where we are active. There are just so many testimonies and real results, we pretty much are gaining footing on our own. So I take this as a sign people are finding us first and the testimonies and talking about us so much-- this site is jumping on the wagon because this is gaining attention.  I agree with everything you said, cdncoily, and yes I am going to make a MHM product line down the line.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 30 2014 at 2:12pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 1:21pm

Just had to share...

Hi LaTonya,

Hello Again!
LaTonya
Thanks jlstone..I am looking forward to startng my Mhm journey tomorrow.  I am a little nervous though.  I have been natural since July of last year.  No relaxers for about 6 years. I had locs for 3 years and cut them off because I wanted more flexibility with my hair and again it seemed so dry.  My locs were shoulder length in 3 years.  I have been doing twist outs for the last year and trying to figure out how to keep my hair from drying out. I was a shea moisture junkie.  My hair sheds so much because it is dry. Looking forward to maybe less sheding.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks again for your quick responses and help.
LaTonya

I second that jlstone, thanks for keeping up with those questions. Glad to have you on the MHM journey LaTonyaR, I think you will be pleased with the improvement in the amount of shedding and moisture once you do this for the first time. Smile
allthingshair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote allthingshair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 2:02pm
FYI, if anyone lives near a Giant they have the approved version of Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume conditioner. Its 5 bucks and some change.
kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 2:07pm

@kaforres: I've noticed people just starting out have found their hair a bit crunchy in the beginning. Mine was a little like that when first dried but if I stretched it to another day, it was softer yet still defined. I think like you said that's normal until you get your moisture levels up. Some people add some oil just before the gel until they don't need it anymore. Or maybe you can try a little less gel as long as you're still coating all your strands.

@cdncoily thanks for your advice. I have been doing the MHM for 4 weeks everyday, I don't skip days because of how my hair feels. I don't know why my hair is still feeling dryAngry.  Hopefully, it will eventually go away and start to feel soft like everyone else is reporting once I achieve max hydration. My hair looks good, it just feels dry..
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@cdncoily thanks for your advice. I have been doing the MHM for 4 weeks everyday, I don't skip days because of how my hair feels. I don't know why my hair is still feeling dryAngry.  Hopefully, it will eventually go away and start to feel soft like everyone else is reporting once I achieve max hydration. My hair looks good, it just feels dry..
Kaforres, what options are you doing btw?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 296>
  Share Topic