Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

Do i have to add gel at the end if I am going to twist my hair and not do a wash and go? Can I just do the leave in cond. and twist?

KCCC doesn't work well on my hair when I am trying to do twists or at least it hasn't so far.
Hi jlstone You have to seal your hair. Even if you use oil, just seal. You can even mix oil with a little bit of kccc, but you must seal with something otherwise the moisture is going to escape.

What are the best oils to seal with instead of gel?
Can you put together s list of MHM recommended sealing oils? Cannot wait till the e-book comes out😳
Another quick question: my 2nd day hair is mire like a curly Afro with hints of coils. My hair only seems to showclumps of coils on day 1 unless I wash again. This is my 23rd run:((

Ok, will do thanks!
Oh, one more question...am I allowed to use a brush (denman) to define my curls or just my fingers. 
Would a brush ruin my natural pattern?
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

I'm curious to know if the below product would be okay to use.
I'm using Kinky curly right now but the product is so expensive for such a small amount. My hair is sooo thick and I can't see myself spending 17 bucks every week. Also, I don't think my hair is very fond of KCCC. I use to use ECO and my hair Loved it.  I'm trying to find something that works better on my hair, that I can pick up locally and that is more cost effective.

Beautiful Curls Shea Butter curl activating cream
Ingredients:  

Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) Extract (aqueous), Arnica (Arnica montana) Extract (aqueous), Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Aloe Vera Leaf Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Agave Nectar, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Coconut Oil (and) Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract (and) Ylang Ylang Flower, Citric Acid.

Yes that is a recommended gel, actually. Full list btw is on page 72. Has links to the recommended list. Also Msdeekay has it on her website. I'm Going to have to post the flyer she made on the facebook page as well.
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 2:53pm

Edited by DesiBbUK - Jul 24 2014 at 2:56pm
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

aharri23, how long are you leaving the conditioner and mud in?

I leave the conditioner in about 5- 7 minutes, rinse with warm water then step out of the shower to apply the clay (i leave my hair dripping, do not towel dry) I like doing it the original way because by the time I apply my clay all my shed hairs and tangles are removed where as before in dana's regimen she does the clay mask first.

Thanks for sharing your tips and results @aharri23 - I'll try them out.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Do i have to add gel at the end if I am going to twist my hair and not do a wash and go? Can I just do the leave in cond. and twist?
KCCC doesn't work well on my hair when I am trying to do twists or at least it hasn't so far.
Hi jlstone You have to seal your hair. Even if you use oil, just seal. You can even mix oil with a little bit of kccc, but you must seal with something otherwise the moisture is going to escape.

What are the best oils to seal with instead of gel?
Can you put together s list of MHM recommended sealing oils? Cannot wait till the e-book comes out😳
Another quick question: my 2nd day hair is mire like a curly Afro with hints of coils. My hair only seems to showclumps of coils on day 1 unless I wash again. This is my 23rd run:((

Well any light oil should be fine. Just avoid glycerin, and also I do not recommend coconut. Other than that, if you use a heavy butter, try to mix it with another light oil so it is much lighter. I more recommend use of castor oil and another oil. For your issue with defining, it really makes a difference doing it on soaking wet hair.

Have you gone here for a quick troubleshoot?

Here are things to look into:

1. Applying product on soaking wet hair. This includes:

Wet hair when applying DC.
    Wet hair when applying clay
    Wet hair when applying leave in. You can apply your leave in all at once under the running shower water, right after you rinse out the clay. And then apply more as needed, section by section before applying gel.
    Hair must remain wet as you apply gel.

2. Separating during the clay step. You can watch a tuturial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbB4TQGsOck

3. Making sure to properly separate coils as you apply leave in and gel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr2F2LIObE

4. Making sure all your products are MHM friendly: You cannot expect quick or effective results just using any old product that isn't compatible with your hair.

5. Making sure you have experimented with other options and versions. For example, your hair could have an issue with acv, and prefer bakingsoda. Or maybe you may benefit from steaming instead of just a warm cowash.

6. Making sure you are not expecting results too fast. Sometimes it best to be patient. Do not expect to get perfect root to tip definition on your first try. For some it may happen, but that may take time for others. Just appreciate any other changes you notice the results will come.

7. Making sure you are not spacing out your regimen repeats too far apart. Even if you can't do all the steps, it's better to introduce moisture by either doing step 1 and stopping at DC until you can complete the other steps, or even just doing a quick cowash leave in and go. Anything is better than going a week with out moisturizing your hair if you are just starting out. Keep with in 3-4 days.

8. You can try leaving the B.S./ACV/Clay/DC steps longer.

9. making sure you are properly getting shed hairs out and detangling to help your coils not want to stick together in big frizzy clumps.

10. Absolutely make sure you aren't skipping any steps.

Btw, to all MHM Newbies, make sure you have checked out page 72 if you haven't already!! Some slight changes have been made to the regimen, so make sure you are aware of them.

Can you kind of give a run through that list if you have already tried these things? Aside from that, how are you wearing you hair to sleep, and how are you refreshing. Also, how is your progress so far? In terms of max hydration and what percent of the strands on your head you think have it, and how is your definition by the time you apply the styler?

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:51pm

Ok, will do thanks!
Oh, one more question...am I allowed to use a brush (denman) to define my curls or just my fingers.
Would a brush ruin my natural pattern?
I do not recommend a brush, just for the purpose of defining your pattern. The brush is just going to separate your coils and force clumps that your hair doesn't want to form. Doing that can make it difficult for your hair to form a memory. You likely will get better results using your fingers, and you will find as your hair gets more hydrated you don't have to shingle as much. I find now that I have max hydration, (btw guys I believe I have max hydration now. Going to make a video soon. It's been 30 regimen runs) I didn't even section my hair because it was so easy for my fingers to get to my scalp and distribute the product, especially with my hair soaking wet. So there is no need to try and force the curl, just distribute the product on each strand, and it will come with hydration.
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:58pm

I find now that I have max hydration, (btw guys I believe I have max hydration now. Going to make a video soon. It's been 30 regimen runs)  

Wow! That's great news PinkeCube on hearing you've reached max hydration in 30 regimen runs! Congrats!!! You're an inspiration to us all ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Will you also include in your video what you do now to maintain max hydration - something else to aspire to? Please?!

Thanks so much!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi pinke i hope u can help me with this puzzle. Some part of my hair clumps at da root and it looks like a spring. Very tight and beautiful. Some part separate but with no curl definition and the rest are curly but very loose and look fuzzy they dont clump at da root no matter what. What can i do to improve the loose curls and the one that separate but with no definition. I feel it taking my hair too long.
I had the same issue for awhile. That gets better as you continue the regimen. Those areas are just your most dry areas. The best thing to do, is just make sure:

1. You are putting conditioner on your wet hair right after the clay step, and then running more water on your head. As you apply gel, make sure to apply more watered down conditioner and keep your hair soaking wet.

2. You are always trying to get product at your roots. Whether it is conditioner or gel, apply it directly to your roots first and smooth it down the hair shaft. This is very important because you want the product to be distributed on all your strands. For kinky hair the roots are the most difficult to get to, and that decreases as you continue to do the regimen.

3. Every step you complete, including the clay and bakingsoda/acv. Make sure it gets to your roots. Root to tip.

I have a couple questions.

What options are you doing? Have you experimented with both acv and bakingsoda? Are you doing DC overnight, Steam/thermal heating cap/hooded drier, or warm conditioner? How many times have you done the regimen?

I think at this stage what you are experience is pretty normal. Not all your strands are going to define at first. It took me 2 months to start seeing definition on some of the driest strands next to my edges. Where as at the same time i was getting max hydration on some other strands. So I think you are making fine progress. You might not have anything to change, you might just have to give it some time.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 24 2014 at 4:01pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by DesiBbUK DesiBbUK wrote:

I find now that I have max hydration, (btw guys I believe I have max hydration now. Going to make a video soon. It's been 30 regimen runs)  

Wow! That's great news PinkeCube on hearing you've reached max hydration in 30 regimen runs! Congrats!!! You're an inspiration to us all ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Will you also include in your video what you do now to maintain max hydration - something else to aspire to? Please?!

Thanks so much!
Thanks DesiBbUK Smile Well I just got Max hydration, I'm not really solid yet on what i'm going to do.

Still experimenting. I still have to see if I like Dana's regimen(version 2) as part of a normal routine to alternate every other wash with. I have tried it once but my hair was already clean and I GHE'd for 24 hours the day before. Plus I did the clay step under my thermal heating cap, and used the alternate bakingsoda rinse.

I also want to experiment just doing step 1 step 2(quickly under a thermal heat cap, then rinse out and detangle) then step 4  leave in conditioner under the water, then step 5 gel. And I will show how I define in the video as well and all the motions i make. It literally took barely 10 minutes.
duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 8:36pm
Hi everyone,

I've done the full method twice and I'm already noticing positive results. My wash and go is definitely more defined, especially at the roots where it is usually fuzzy. I layered my flaxseed gel w/ kccc on top and the definition is crazy!!!! It dried soft but with hold at the same time. I think I was a lil heavy-handed with both gels
cuz my roots are still damp w/ product 24 hrs later. I tried the roll and tuck method for stretching my hair. It was approx 40% dry when i did this. I then tied it loosely with my scarf, as suggested by pinkecube and went to bed. When I woke up the definition wasn't affected and there was barely any shrinkage. I will definitely be using this method to stretch my hair from now on.

One question: what are u guys putting ur clay mixture into?? I tried using an empty tresemme bottle but I had a hard time getting any out. I can only describe the consistency as cement sludge. I kept adding water but it made the clay part very difficult and time-consuming. Maybe I made the mixture too thick?? Gonna try adding 3 cups of h2o instead of 2.

I don't think i can do the overnight ghe cuz the itchiness was driving me crazy.   It's still itchy even now. Any suggestions anyone? ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 292>
  Share Topic