Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

My shipment came in from walgreens! I ordered 6 bottles of tresseme naturals so i could get free shipping and all of them are with sweet orange and lemongrass (the approved version) Can't wait to use it!
awesome, tell us how it works aharri. I'd like to hear a comparison of all 3 recommended conditioners if you can, since I know you have used all 3. Plus how you water it down if you do, how does it fare.
Will do. Maybe we can all write a letter to Tresseme and tell them how much we love this conditioner and possibly they may put it back in stores? I mean walgreens is going to run  out of the old forumla eventually right?  :(
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 11:23pm
Hi all, 

Hope you are all doing well with your progress so far.

I just wanted to give a small tip to those who are having trouble with their hair drying in time. 

My hair also takes 4 to 5 hours to dry and I watched MahoganyCurls video the other day she was demonstrating her latest wash and go and she said that it takes her hair 5 hours to dry, her hair is super long but the fact that it takes her about this same amount of time made me realize that this is probably normal for a wash and go. 

Maybe because so many of us have not done wash and gos regularly, so that's why we never had this experience before.

One thing I have noticed though with my own hair is after I do the wash and go if I go 
outside and spend some time outdoors, my hair dries much quicker as compared to if I'm just at home or inside. So this could be something that y'all can try if you can, Hope this helps Wink
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 2:29am

My shipment came in from walgreens! I ordered 6 bottles of tresseme naturals so i could get free shipping and all of them are with sweet orange and lemongrass (the approved version) Can't wait to use it!
awesome, tell us how it works aharri. I'd like to hear a comparison of all 3 recommended conditioners if you can, since I know you have used all 3. Plus how you water it down if you do, how does it fare.
Will do. Maybe we can all write a letter to Tresseme and tell them how much we love this conditioner and possibly they may put it back in stores? I mean walgreens is going to run  out of the old forumla eventually right?  :(

Just started using the Tresseme Naturals a couple of days ago and I love it.  It feels great on the hair, keeps it soft, and my curls just popp.  I use it in the clarifying, and conditioning/cowashing steps but have yet to try it under KKCC. It truly my replace the KKNT (plus its so much cheaper)
coiffedcoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 7:39am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi all, 

I just wanted to give a small tip to those who are having trouble with their hair drying in time. 

My hair also takes 4 to 5 hours to dry and I watched MahoganyCurls video the other day she was demonstrating her latest wash and go and she said that it takes her hair 5 hours to dry, her hair is super long but the fact that it takes her about this same amount of time made me realize that this is probably normal for a wash and go. 

Maybe because so many of us have not done wash and gos regularly, so that's why we never had this experience before.

One thing I have noticed though with my own hair is after I do the wash and go if I go 
outside and spend some time outdoors, my hair dries much quicker as compared to if I'm just at home or inside. So this could be something that y'all can try if you can, Hope this helps Wink
Thanks for posting this Dee, I would also like to say that the amount of product left on your hair will also contribute to drying time too. So as you build up moisture and gain the ability to use a little less product it will help a bit with the drying time too.

On a side note though...I wish my hair took that little of time to dry though xD; So lucky, 3-5 hours is definitely normal to quick for natural hair.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 7:59am
Originally posted by coiffedcoils coiffedcoils wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi all, 

Thanks for posting this Dee, I would also like to say that the amount of product left on your hair will also contribute to drying time too. So as you build up moisture and gain the ability to use a little less product it will help a bit with the drying time too.

On a side note though...I wish my hair took that little of time to dry though xD; So lucky, 3-5 hours is definitely normal to quick for natural hair.

Thanks ladies! I can't wait until I need less product! MsDee I do the same thing! Outdoors if possible and if I'm in the car the windows are down & head tilted slightly towards the window!LOLEmbarrassed What I also do since I work from home, I'll turn on the fan to help speed up the drying process. Most days I don't have time for the diffuser or hooded dryer (cool or low settings ONLY). Hey we gotta make it work!Big smile

Edited by juan_mos - Jul 24 2014 at 8:00am
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 8:13am
I'm curious to know if the below product would be okay to use.
I'm using Kinky curly right now but the product is so expensive for such a small amount. My hair is sooo thick and I can't see myself spending 17 bucks every week. Also, I don't think my hair is very fond of KCCC. I use to use ECO and my hair Loved it.  I'm trying to find something that works better on my hair, that I can pick up locally and that is more cost effective.

Beautiful Curls Shea Butter curl activating cream
Ingredients:  

Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) Extract (aqueous), Arnica (Arnica montana) Extract (aqueous), Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Aloe Vera Leaf Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Agave Nectar, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Coconut Oil (and) Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract (and) Ylang Ylang Flower, Citric Acid.

jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:46am
Do i have to add gel at the end if I am going to twist my hair and not do a wash and go? Can I just do the leave in cond. and twist?

KCCC doesn't work well on my hair when I am trying to do twists or at least it hasn't so far.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

Do i have to add gel at the end if I am going to twist my hair and not do a wash and go? Can I just do the leave in cond. and twist?

KCCC doesn't work well on my hair when I am trying to do twists or at least it hasn't so far.
Hi jlstone You have to seal your hair. Even if you use oil, just seal. You can even mix oil with a little bit of kccc, but you must seal with something otherwise the moisture is going to escape.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 24 2014 at 11:59am
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:12pm
Hi pimke i hope u can help me with this puzzle. Some part of my hair clup at da root and it looks like a spring. Very tight and beautiful. Some part separate bt with no curl definition and the restare curly bt very loose and look fussy they dont clump at da root no mattee what. What can i do to improve the loose curls and the one that separate bt with no definition. I feel it taking my hair tooi long.
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:26pm

Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

Hi jlstone You have to seal your hair. Even if you use oil, just seal. You can even mix oil with a little bit of kccc, but you must seal with something otherwise the moisture is going to escape.

What are the best oils to seal with instead of gel?
Can you put together s list of MHM recommended sealing oils? Cannot wait till the e-book comes out😳
Another quick question: my 2nd day hair is mire like a curly Afro with hints of coils. My hair only seems to showclumps of coils on day 1 unless I wash again. This is my 23rd run:((
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 288>
  Share Topic