Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

PINKE, MSDEEKAY and ALL forum members currently journeying to MAX HYDRATION that are on INSTAGRAM, DO MHM A HUGE FAVOR AND PLEASE GO VIEW, LIKE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY COMMENT ON MY RECENT FEATURE(S) ON THE MAJOR HAIR PAGES BELOW (note: I'm juan_mos - you will have to scroll through a few pics to find mine but not too many since the features were reposted within the last day or two):

My reposted pic is gaining lot of exposure to MHM but I've apparently been reported for abusive content (I don't have a clue unless IG thinks I'm spamming d/t me using the #MHM hashtags and commenting about it over and over), so I can't make any comments on the last two feature pages until tomorrow, supposedly. PLEASE head over to the pages and make comments about the maxhydration method and how it is working for you, even about how nice my hair is progressingBig smileSmile... anything to draw more attention to this forum and regimen. Links to pages and/or IG handle so that you can search directly:

NATURALLYSHESDOPE

http://instagram.com/p/qfQhS0BIiV/?modal=true
NATURALHAIRDOESCARE -
http://instagram.com/p/qjxZILBKdt/?modal=true
go directly to their IG page (I couldn't find the link since Instagram is really an app & better viewed from smartphones - I copied/pasted the links above from Pinke's post of my feature).

THANKS ALL!

Awesome, all of these have over a 1000 likes! Wow, awesome juan_mos!ClapClap btw i inserted the link above. How I get the link, is i just type in instagram.com/username, and then i open the pic i want to link it to. so when you told me the name of the instagram page i just placed it at the end of the url.
Sponsored Links

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 6:43pm
The woman/stylist has been following aketafitgirl girl, you can see it on her channel. Not sure she knows it's from bhm or where it originally came from.
coiffedcoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 8:19pm
I don't understand how Markquisha took techniques from MHM?
Everything she said in the video I already knew about well(years) before MHM.....^^;;
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 8:24pm
in regard to this issue about the youtubers, this discussion is officially closed. I don't want to escalate drama and further out of proportion causing distractions away from what is important. I would like to proceed in a positive light with only MHM related issues.

I have decided to pull down some of my messages directly referencing the issue and will be dealing with this privately going forward. I do not want to bring you guys into this or escalate the situation. I hope to contact bhm in assisting me to remove some of the comments, but we will see.

Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

The woman/stylist has been following aketafitgirl girl, you can see it on her channel. Not sure she knows it's from bhm or where it originally came from.

Yes, journey I am aware she followed aketafitgirl, I even saw her channel before. I was actually subscribed to her prior to this because of the video she made about aketafitgirl. She is close with Char Jay as well, who I emailed on june 20th, extensively about the method.

Page 161 shows all the screen shots. CharJay definetly would have read it with the giant pictures of defined 4c hair in the email. And now all of a sudden Charjay's making a video, repeating many of the things that have been said on the forum. Why capitalize on it now? If she really knew, which she has known about aketafitgirl for a year and has been associated with charjay for 3 years. she should have spontaneously came up with this then, without char jay involved, Not a 5 weeks after I sent charjay the email.

She read my email and let the stylist know and they collaborated, took advantage of the information and are taking credit. I do not mind someone spreading this information, tweaking it, what eever. But seeing as i went out of my way to email her in confidence, after doing all this research and taking the time to put this together so help people so they don't have to go on the search, she could have given credit where it is due. and it is clear that she told that stylist about it, they both clearly knew about the method. Give credit where credit is due, is all.

Originally posted by msteetee msteetee wrote:

I don't think she was reading word for word from the method that is here. I have heard people say before reading this forum years ago say hair has to be properly hydrated or once hair has reach its maximum hydration etc. This young lady on this video has referenced things she's done closely to curly girl method. It maybe me because I have gone to cosmetology school that I know in order to have healthy hair it has to be properly hydrated. I think Pinkecube shouldn't have showed or even freely talked about this on blogs. She's added Danabnatural's way of doing hydration to her list of regimen also. And I do not know the stylist nor client, it's my personal opinion after seeing her comments on the video and here.

@ msteetee yes if you look at my first post, wash n gos don't work on nappy hair: this method is based on them. I made it very clear on the forum. In fact the only reason I decided to call this a method, is because I want people to find these exact techniques and have a name for the process, so more kinkier types can find out about this.

I have contacted Danabnatural and she knows about this method and that it is inspired on the two of them. I never made any attempt to hide that, in fact I have been encouraging people to go to their channels since the very beginning, and telling people to check out their channels and making it clear this method is inspired by them.

See how that is ethical? Unlike just taking the information and not giving credit or reference when i even specifically emailed her about it. That is taking advantage and bigger youtubers do this all the time. its not the term max hydration or having the hair hydrated that is the issue, it is the way she explained a lot of things in the video sounded like she had read and lifted the information off of my email and the information on the forum links i provided. She's known about aketafitgirl but only decided to make a video in over a year with the very person i emailed about this method extensively-- just 5 weeks after I emailed? She used information off of this forum, and didn't give credit. Even almost everything she mentioned in the video can be found in the email or on the link to the page i provided in the email. The least she could have done was say where she got it from. They wanted to take advantage of the information but capitalize on it themselves instead of giving any credit which is why they chose the route they did.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 18 2014 at 3:12am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

in regard to this issue about the youtubers, this discussion is officially closed. I don't want to escalate drama and further out of proportion causing distractions away from what is important. I would like to proceed in a positive light with only MHM related issues. 

I have decided to pull down some of my messages directly referencing the issue and will be dealing with this privately going forward. I do not want to bring you guys into this or escalate the situation. I hope to contact bhm in assisting me to remove some of the comments, but we will see.

Edited by msdeekay - Jul 18 2014 at 8:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by coiffedcoils coiffedcoils wrote:

I don't understand how Markquisha took techniques from MHM?
Everything she said in the video I already knew about well(years) before MHM.....^^;;

In reference to the email Pinke sent out to Chary Jay on June the 20th it does seem suspicious that all of a sudden they decided to this video now. She Markquisha has appeared in Chary Jays videos before back in 2010. She also has her own channel and her last video was a year ago. At any point in time between then and before Pinke emailed Chary Jay they could of done a video talking about all the things she mentioned in the video like the curly girl method, Max Hydration, Proteins and Eco Styler Gel, Wash and gos not working on Nappy hair, that type of being unmanageable etc

The fact that they came out with it now and are talking about the same things Pinke brought out in the email makes their intentions questionable. 

I think this is more of an ethical issue rather than an issue of she stole the technique. Her technique is clearly different from what we do in MHM.

I will give you an example when I make my videos I make a point to credit everyone including aketafitgirl, danabnaturals, rachelcpr and pinkecube in the description box if I dont mention it in my video. I also link back to my sources on my blog.

I think the major issue is them giving credit where it's due and acknowledging the fact that she received the email and that is what gave her the idea to do that video and include the information that was in there. 

IMHO it is just too much of a coincidence.

Oh, oh, now I see why you guys are irritated. I guess this is a good time to mentioned she, the hairstylist, did follow me on IG about around or maybe even before the film was taken. d: Did anyone else get a follow from her? Just curious.

One good thing about this though, is that if people do decide to look up the term maximum hydration because she said it, they will be directed here. 
I read on IG that Markquisha is going to try and make videos about how she achieves maximum hydration and how she does wash and gos.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 12:22am
in regard to this issue about the youtubers, this discussion is officially closed. I don't want to escalate drama and further out of proportion causing distractions away from what is important. I would like to proceed in a positive light with only MHM related issues.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 18 2014 at 2:57am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 8:08am

Edited by msdeekay - Jul 18 2014 at 8:09am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 9:51am
I had a question about people with longer hair, how are you guys wearing your hair at night? It seems everything I do stretches out my hair too much or creates an odd shape...
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 10:04am
Originally posted by coiffedcoils coiffedcoils wrote:

I had a question about people with longer hair, how are you guys wearing your hair at night? It seems everything I do stretches out my hair too much or creates an odd shape...
Hi coiffed coils, You could loosely roll tuck and pin your hair in sections, like i do in my video (page 72.) So that there isn't a lot of tension on the coils as you roll them, so they are not pulled taught and stretch out. It would be done like cornrolls and then you can loosely tie a scarf on your hair letting the end of the scarf drape over your ends. That is what works for me, you may have to make your roll and tuck more loose. You could also make thinner sections if necessary. hth
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 278>