Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 184>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by curlymama curlymama wrote:

Hullo! I just learnt about this method and stoked to try it out. I have a couple questions before I start...

1. what is the significance of washing your hair in the shower? I usually wash my hair in my sink under a tap so I don't come out with wrinkly skin from being in the shower too long (or ripping out my hair from being impatient). I know the method emphasises having soaking wet hair but I can still achieve this with a faucet right?

2. Can I add oils to my flaxseed gel or is it best I just use it on it's own?

3. If you have super dry ends would you recommend cutting them off? They aren't split or damaged just very difficult to deal with and is where most of my tangles originate.

4. Theres no mention of combs - is finger detangling recommended instead of combs?

thanks!

Hi curly mama glad to have you trying mhmSmile
1. All thats important is making you hair soaking wet. It also helps to detangle under running water. I dont think a shower is needed to acheive that. That doesnt need to be changed around on my account.

2. Yes, you can add oils. I recommend it. You can look up flaxseed gel recipes online, and add other extracts to it, like irish moss, and horsetail.

3. If they arent damaged there is no reason to cut them off. i'd recommend just waiting, your issues with dry ends should improve with the method, anyway.

4. Finger detangling is highly encouraged. Coily hair is not meant for brushes or combs. All those do is tear through tangles and separate coils. And many wide tooth combs dont get shed hairs out well enough imo.
Sponsored Links

Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:53am
@ pinke & msdeekay:  thx so much for all your replies - you've both been so helpful. Sorry I'm always forgetting to thank you - it's partly because it's so hard to post on this forum that by the time I finally manage to post my questions I forget.  But anyway I really appreciate all your help and advice.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

@ pinke & msdeekay:  thx so much for all your replies - you've both been so helpful. Sorry I'm always forgetting to thank you - it's partly because it's so hard to post on this forum that by the time I finally manage to post my questions I forget.  But anyway I really appreciate all your help and advice.
You're absolutely welcome loves2laugh Big smile It feels good knowing the information on this post is being so well appreciated by you and everyone. This comment brightened up my afternoon.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:52pm

Come to think of it, although I think I’ve always been protein sensitive the fusing only began after I became natural. My normal tangles don’t feel like dreadlocks.

Also, when m y hair is tangled or shedding a lot, or even had dirt balls in it like before I was able to use my fingers to work everything out. And then when I discovered detangling with EVOO or conditioner it got much easier. However, there’s no way for me to get rid of the fusing without ripping it apart. I’d just have to cut it out. On the wash day before the last one it took me three, yes THREE hours detangle and remove shed hair using my fingers and  wide tooth comb and I lost loads of hair. Thankfully the last time was much better.

The sound of my hair tearing apart reminds me of when I got a weave from a seller which tangled really badly. I washed & DC’ed it, then couldn’t get a comb through it and tried to tear it apart. I assumed the cuticles were not aligned which caused the matting and tearing sound.  I kind of wonder if the fusing problem has anything do to with my cuticles but I’ve no idea how.

I will try the KCKT to detangle it if it happens again, but I’m hoping I won’t have to!

True, Shrinkage won't happen with relaxed hair.

It's different from the matting you get with the dirt ball from wearing braids. I've had both. Once, was when I tried GHEing with african threading. My hair had the dirt clog at the base, but not that much. The area down the loc of hair was matted. I got it loose but I had to saturate the area with oil and conditioner and really work it in. It is hard to get every strand saturated with oil, because of how woven in they will be, so it has to be worked in more and more must be used. But once that is done the strands slide apart. Doing it under running water makes it easier, but also time consuming nature of taking out that kind of tangle means you won't finish your whole head and get tired, lol. I think that will not happen with this method, as you continue.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

MsDeekay.  Sorry, I couldn’t post anything else after I did the clay mask, but  this was the message I was supposed to send:

Thx MsDeekay. I'm just doing the clay step now (I was interrupted before when I was just about to start). I'm using heat so I'll report back afterwards.

UPDATE:

Using heat with the clay step seemed to work well. My hair didn’t feel stripped and it felt surprisingly soft afterwards. I was able to detangle easily using a comb and no other product.  I know you’re not supposed to with MHM but curl definition isn’t high on my list of priorities right now. Plus I’ve had setbacks due to neglecting my hair recently plus the issue caused JBCO – lots of tangling, shedding and fusing – so I want to make sure I get rid of all of that before I rely on finger detangling alone.

Anyhoo, here’s the recipe I used which is based on Pinke’s:

- Over 50mls of Rhassoul

- 250 mls of purified water (unheated)

- 1 tablespoon of olive oil

- 1 tablespoon of honey

- 3-5 drops  Argan Oil

- 3-5  Jojoba Oil

Thanks for the update loves2laugh hope you get rid of all your issues soon enough. I just wanted to add my own personal view about the whole curl definition thing in relation to MHM. I'm saying this here because I know there are a lot of lurkers out there who are confusing the goals of this regimen. Most people think that the whole purpose of this regimen is to get type 4 hair to pop, like other hair types. That we are so obsessed with having curl definition. Curl definition is great and all and I dont think there is anything particularly wrong with wanting to see your own natural texture.

But most importantly IMO the regimen helps build moisture levels which in return results in us being able to see our natural curl/coil pattern. Therefore the curl/coil pattern is a benefit/perk of having hydrated healthy hair.

I don't remember who, but someone mentioned that Frizz is a curl waiting to happen, that really resonated with me. My end goal with this regimen is to achieve healthy, hydrated hair and as a result I know I will be able to see my hair's true texture when properly moisturized. In this condition I will have more versatility with my hair.

We have seen our hair in a dehydrated state for so long that we are conditioned to think that there is no other conditions or states of our hair. That that is the only way. I know it will take a while for people to wrap their heads around this concept but I hope more people will look closely into the regimen and the explanations and really try to understand it rather than passing it off as a quick way to get curl definition. Because it is really deeper than that. It is about healthy hair, moisturized hair. Healthy hair = Good hair.

Sorry for the long message, this is not particularly directed to you loves2laugh I just wanted to clarify this for anyone else lurking and who doesnt understand what we are trying to achieve with this regimen.

ITA. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want curl definition because I do. However, I’m quite laid back about it, esp compared to how I was before, because I now believe the curls will come with improved hair health (max hydration) and good hair practices. That’s why achieving curl definition isn’t high on my list of priorities right now, but achieving  a decrease in shedding, and tangling - and achieving  softness through moisturisation are. After all, what’s the point of having perfectly max hydrated curls that blow in the wind if you only have 3 hairs on your head?! LOL

LOL It's good that you got those left over sheds out. It's actually something I recommended to people starting. Take one day to really detangle your hair and get rid of sheds, and then all you have to do is maintain that and it will get easier. Try not to wear your hair loose under GHE, don't stretch the style to long before washing it out and getting out shed hairs.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by krauseschoenheit krauseschoenheit wrote:

hI curlies,
 I have a question  . has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think?  <my scalp is itchy >Today is thursday. I did the full regimen yesterday and then twisted my hair and went to bed with wet hair. Today my hair and scalp was feeling really dry. since I bought the kckt I clarfied with ACV(30 min) and warm water in order to help the conditioner directly  penetrate the strands and rinse out the gel from last night. then I applied the kckt and gel to seal in the moisture. but right now about 20 hours later my scalp is itching every where. I know I have to wash my hair again, because I am seeing build up at some places. and I am also happy to do it because I have pretty much all MHM friendly products yet. But hey has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think? 

My order question is for the curlies who use bentonite clay is it the same as kaolin or white clay? I cannot find the bentonite clay in the local stores
Use the clay you can find, that is absolutely fine. But the clay step is very important. Your hair will not be completely clarified if you do not do it, plus it is helpful in lifting cuticles to absorb moisture. So yes, maybe your problem was that you skipped the clay step. Especially that you used the acv rinse, skipping the clay step will not be beneficial. I think you will get a much better feeling on your hair once you start applying the entire regimen. You may also want to experiment with the bakingsoda step. There are 2 versions now and the version that will help you save conditioner is on page 127. The other is on page 72. HTH Big smile

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 12 2014 at 2:05pm
bnb4dark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnb4dark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:12pm
Thanks, I can't wait to get all my stuff together and try this. < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
bnb4dark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnb4dark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:15pm
Thanks, I can't wait to get all my stuff together and try the Max Hydration Method.
#maxhydrationmethod

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

Edited by bnb4dark - Jul 12 2014 at 4:17pm
curlymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hullo! I just learnt about this method and stoked to try it out. I have a couple questions before I start...

1. what is the significance of washing your hair in the shower? I usually wash my hair in my sink under a tap so I don't come out with wrinkly skin from being in the shower too long (or ripping out my hair from being impatient). I know the method emphasises having soaking wet hair but I can still achieve this with a faucet right?

3. If you have super dry ends would you recommend cutting them off? They aren't split or damaged just very difficult to deal with and is where most of my tangles originate.

4. Theres no mention of combs - is finger detangling recommended instead of combs?

thanks!

1. All thats important is making you hair soaking wet. It also helps to detangle under running water. I dont think a shower is needed to acheive that. That doesnt need to be changed around on my account.

2. Yes, you can add oils. I recommend it. You can look up flaxseed gel recipes online, and add other extracts to it, like irish moss, and horsetail.

3. If they arent damaged there is no reason to cut them off. i'd recommend just waiting, your issues with dry ends should improve with the method, anyway.

4. Finger detangling is highly encouraged. Coily hair is not meant for brushes or combs. All those do is tear through tangles and separate coils. And many wide tooth combs dont get shed hairs out well enough imo.

thank you! This clears it up for me :)
One last one if I may - what can I replace coconut aminos with? I had to order online and it won't come for another 3 days Shocked and I was hoping to start tomorrow...
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

thanks!

thank you! This clears it up for me :)
One last one if I may - what can I replace coconut aminos with? I had to order online and it won't come for another 3 days Shocked and I was hoping to start tomorrow...

you're welcome Smile you can just start to do the regular regimen now, and wait to do the cherry lola until you have the stuff you need
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 184>
  Share Topic