Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 273>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, this was an option for those looking to save on condish as this mixture does not use it.

My hair loves the original mixture but I'll be trying to see if I like this one as well. Not to necessarily save on condish b/c I'm not worried about that, but b/c my hair normally likes olive oil & honey so I want to see how adding the baking soda to clarify works on my strands.

Thanks for clarifying that, Juan_mosSmile
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Hummmmm, now I see that there isn't conditioner.  I don't know if I just want baking soda and water basically in my hair.  Love to hear what your results are.  Just for comfort, I think I'll stick with the conditioner included.  I add olive oil and honey in my deep conditioner and  I added in the clay mixture(following Danabnatural) so I'm getting enough of that :)

Welcome to the forum, naturally50 and MHM.Smile Glad Dana's version is working for you. As for this DC step, Don't worry about it, it won't be stripping like plain bakingsoda and water. The oil and honey are very effective as a buffer to any stripping effect the BS could have, the same way they work in the bentonite clay step. But do what you feel comfortable with.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinke how does the alternate BS mixture compare to the original one with condish?

Hi aharri, well a lot of the time i prefer the version with conditioner because it's less drippy, but that's about it. But I think this version with honey is just as effective as the one with conditionet. They both work well, I would give it a shot and try it. And compare what you think and let us know when you do.

Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

After trying 5 times to use the quote feature Angry and post this response in the running comments from my original post on page 131, I gave up and started a new post:

THANKS SO MUCH PINKE!
I was thinking the same thing about DanaB being at or near total MH... I mean her hair just looks hydrated in her vids! I will continue to DC, in some form, every time I complete the regimen. I need it! I was just trying to think of way to shorten steps in way that I could do it all in one day more often, b/c as it stands, the original version me 4 hrs+ (I have a TWA.. am I being too meticulous w/the steps)?! Then my hair takes about another 4 hrs to dry b/c it's so thick. I prefer to knock it all out in one day and I've done that for most of my 7 completions but it was such a long process. I will try the split as you recommended by: DAY 1 BAKING SODA CLARIFY > COWASH/STEAM (for me>>rinse out cowash + add oil+cover hair & sleep) DAY 2 CLAY RINSE>LEAVE-IN & GEL when I just can't get it all in one day. Also I will try reversing the steps a little & maybe do: cowash, clarify, clay then the finishing steps (is that were you were suggesting above?)

Also with the alternate Baking mixture you suggested (EVOO + honey instead of condish), do you think that'll be okay for someone like me who isn't anywhere near MH? I'm not really worried about saving condish if it's better for my hair then the alternate (which I can see it being good as well)?  Or does it even matter?
Your welcome Juan_mos! If I have time tomorrow or the day after, I'll try to take screen shots of the steps of quoting comments on the site. I meant like: Yes, so try version 2, but do Clarify before the clay step. Maybe you will find better results with that on days you don't have time anyway. Yes, that bakingsoda mixture can be done at any point, it doesn't matter. You can alternate if you want, I think that's up to you and what you want to do after you try it. But It should work the same.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:41am
Hi all just wanted to let you all know that JC of the natural heaven bloom has written a blog post about mhm from a scientific perspective. It would be great if you can go and share your testimonials. If you have a twitter account she also tagged Joelzy and other 4 cnaturals asking them to give MHM a try. if any of you are a fans of Jouelzy or would like any 4c natural or type 4 natural to give MHM a try head over to twitter and chime in on the convo by tagging them

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/07/max-hydration-method-can-you-get-4c.html
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:42am
I also wanted to add I've been using the baking soda, olive oil and honey option on my hair and it has been just as effective. It has been great for saving conditioner Big smile too. Since I have to order mine online.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 1:44pm
I'm back to doing the modified cherry lola treatment because I don't want my ACV, Molasses and Raw honey to go to waste lol. I used my mom's blender and it came out good.

I'm trying MHM on my little brothers hair he has short hair. He wanted to see if it would give him more waves
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 3:33pm

I'm back to doing the modified cherry lola treatment because I don't want my ACV, Molasses and Raw honey to go to waste lol. I used my mom's blender and it came out good.

I'm trying MHM on my little brothers hair he has short hair. He wanted to see if it would give him more waves
LOL, glad that worked out, and no more issues getting it out of your hair, lol. Oh cool, tell us how it goes! I have done mhm on short hair before, and it works well, should be able to make waves, we'll see. He can do all the steps and just end with whatever pomade or product that is used to style the waves.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi all just wanted to let you all know that JC of the natural heaven bloom has written a blog post about mhm from a scientific perspective. It would be great if you can go and share your testimonials. If you have a twitter account she also tagged Joelzy and other 4 cnaturals asking them to give MHM a try. if any of you are a fans of Jouelzy or would like any 4c natural or type 4 natural to give MHM a try head over to twitter and chime in on the convo by tagging them

Thanks for posting the link to naturalhaven's MHM post, Msdeekay! This regimen is really starting to reach more ears! Yes, If any of you guys want to share your testimonials on naturalhaven's blog, that would be great! And any of you on twitter, tag the convo as well to other 4c's to get them to hear about MHM!

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 04 2014 at 3:45pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

LOL, glad that worked out, and no more issues getting it out of your hair, lol. Oh cool, tell us how it goes! I have done mhm on short hair before, and it works well, should be able to make waves, we'll see. He can do all the steps and just end with whatever pomade or product that is used to style the waves.

I like the modified version better. My hair is more soft and moisturized

pinke I have been adding EVOO to my TJTT for deep conditioning like danabnatural. Will EVOO build up on the hair? I am following my deep condition with a clay rinse

Also I read this post >> http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/07/can-you-wash-your-hair-with-baking-soda.html#comment-form

It claims baking soda and ACV do not really clean the hair. What are your thoughts pinke?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 4:28pm

pinke I have been adding EVOO to my TJTT for deep conditioning like danabnatural. Will EVOO build up on the hair? I am following my deep condition with a clay rinse

Also I read this post >> http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/07/can-you-wash-your-hair-with-baking-soda.html#comment-form

It claims baking soda and ACV do not really clean the hair. What are your thoughts pinke?
Yes, I noticed the modified version felt more moisturized for me as well and worked better for me. I think a light oil like EVOO is okay, a little oil can be a good thing. But if you start putting too much oil, it can block moisture instead of aiding it. So In that step it is important to absorb moisture while you DC, even if you clarify afterward it is hindering while you DC. I do not consider adding a little olive oil to be a big deal, really.

With MHM the bakingsoda and acv step is better for lifting off gel residue from the hair. I know it does a good job of that, I have even had my hair feeling stripped doing it with only bakingsoda and water.

But heavy butters are not really going to be removed as well by these steps. Especially with bakingsoda, it is a salt. And just like when people go to the pool and the beach and apply a heavy butter to their hair to protect their strands from being stripped by the chlorine salt and sea salt, heavy oils tend to be resistant to removal using a bs rinse.

Ultimately your hair is going to get clean with the regimen, hence why it is so effective.  What with the clarifying step, the cowash step, and the clay step, your hair will be clean by the end of the regimen. And the acv and B.S. steps will serve well to clean off the gel, before the cowash step. Plus the added bonus of B.S. lifting the cuticle. And btw, the clay step is very effective in cleaning the hair according to one of naturalhaven's other article's as well. I think there was a link to her review of clay rinses on that same post you provided, aharri.
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 5:01pm

What is the modified version?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style