Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ableonard6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ableonard6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:01pm
Im having the hardest time figuring out how to include the text Im replying to. Ive tried clicking on quote, but it doesn't allow me to do it unless I just click on reply.. Can anyone assist me??

Thanks..
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

^^ that being said... GHE STILL isn't for me. I tried it again Mon night just b/c it got too late to finish up and O!M!G! my scalp was an irritated mess ALL night. If not for me being sooo sleepy, I would've got out the bed at midnight & rinsed my hair out.  I'll still to deep condition with my steamer. No overnight for me.
Juan mos, sorry about the GHE issues. For the fast all in one go version, what about trying bakingsoda rinse before the clay and see if that changes. Otherwise, maybe you can try this way of splitting the regimen-- at least on days you don't have enough time. Do step 1 clarify, and then step 2 Steam at night. And wear a silk scarf, and put a little oil. Then in the morning just complete the cowash step and rinse out and detangle.

Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Hi - Pinke can  you clarify something for me? The 'shortened' version listed on page 127, in particular VERSION 2, can this be done at any stage of MHM? For me, I've currently done the full original MHM method from page 72 now, a total of 7 complete times.  Can I alternate the revised method VERSION 2 at this point, when I need to save time and don't have all day to do my hair? Or should I wait until my hair is at a certain stage of hydration to start the shorter methods?

One thing to remember is DanaBNatural already has total max hydration. She's done wash and go's daily for 8 months prior to this(although she wasn't doing this method the whole time, but it still contributes). And even then, she still DC's. I think in one of her recent videos, that she said she DC's overnight and does the simple cowash and gel in the morning, so she doesn't sleep in the wash and go. I don't know if that has changed since, but I will find the video. So you may find yourself alternating, between this and a version that includes steaming. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is just starting. You need to incorporate some steam or DC somewhere, it really helps, especially if you are just starting out. I may wait until your 14 regimen repeat to really do that more often. I would even say wait until you start seeing significant signs of max hydration. Like your product free hair is curling from root to tip now, in like 30% of your hair at least. But there's never going to be a time where you just do those steps exclusively, even when you get max hydration you want to incorporate DC.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 02 2014 at 4:19pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by ableonard6 ableonard6 wrote:

Im having the hardest time figuring out how to include the text Im replying to. Ive tried clicking on quote, but it doesn't allow me to do it unless I just click on reply.. Can anyone assist me??

Thanks..
I'm not sure how to do it other than clicking quote. Do you mean when you try to quote it says, access denied? Maybe just click quote, copy what's there, then go back and click reply and paste it. Other than that, you can just paste these HTML tags: (QUOTE=profile name) The text would be pasted here between. (/QUOTE) by the way instead or paranthesis, you would uses brackets like this [ ]. I used these ( ) so it wouldn't format it automatically. A tip about the access denied, just copy what ever you say before clicking post reply, that way you don't have to type it all over again.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by ableonard6 ableonard6 wrote:

WOW!!! Thanks Pinkecube. I watched all four videos. I truly appreciate you posting them for me. I clearly saw the difference in the two.. If only my hair would soak up conditioner like Mahoganycurls. No wonder she doesn't have any frizz. Her hair is so moisturized is isn't funny.. Anywho, it is what it is and I am working with what I have.. It all makes so much sense now since the MHM method. Well, Im about to do the condensed version which reminds me, thank you for taking the time and putting together all the steps to each regimen that included all the different options for the MHM method!. Its a tremendous help.
Your welcome, ableonard Smile I'm glad the summary and the video links helped! Yes, let's work with what we have, you'll be pleasantly surprised how moisturized our hair can get as well!

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 02 2014 at 4:24pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by tvsnatural tvsnatural wrote:

Hi Pinke,
I am new to this forum and I have been doing the original version of MHM since June 20th and I have seen good results.  I saw danabnatural's video and tried her short version this past Monday and although I got good results I did notice that my hair did not detangle as easily as it did with the long version of MHM.  In the long version the clay follows the baking soda but in the short version the baking soda follow the clay.  What is the affect on the hair when the baking soda follows the clay and what is the affect on the hair when you clay following the baking soda?  Just wondering why my hair detangles so easily when I do the long version but doesn't when I do the short version.     
Hi tvsnatural, welcome to the forum and MHM! I think the detangling issue might be due to doing the clarfiying side by side. So basically the longer version is going to be more moisturizing, since some form of Deep conditioning or steaming is in between the clarifying steps. Your hair may feel softer because of DC. I don't think that in the shortened regimen there is really a difference whether you do bakingsoda or clay first, really. But if you were doing the acv option it would be important to do acv first.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 02 2014 at 5:17pm
tvsnatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvsnatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:44pm
 tvsnatural wrote:

Thanks Pinke for the response.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 7:47pm
Here is a new alternative mixture for bakingsoda step, for those of you who want to save conditioner.

Alternate MHM Baking soda mixture

o 2 tablespoons bakingsoda
o 2 tablespoons honey
o 1 teaspoon olive oil
o 6-10 oz of water

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 02 2014 at 10:53pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 8:46pm
Heck yeah now I can save conditioner! Thanks pinke
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Heck yeah now I can save conditioner! Thanks pinke
no problem aharri Wink
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:57pm
guys i made a typo, it should say 2 tablespoons of honey, not 1. I corrected it but just want to make sure you guys see it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 278>