Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 245>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:13am
If any of y'all live near K-Mart I think they sell the tresseme naturals MHM version

http://www.kmart.com/tresemme-naturals-conditioner-radiant-volume-with-sweet-orange/p-038W016098920001P?prdNo=14&blockNo=14&blockType=G14
Sponsored Links

kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:15pm
Too excited! This is BOMB! Did the modified version again today (with some alterations) and 100% of my head is moving when move my head and I don't have to shake it. I just look to the side lol. I'm just so excited because I feel like everyday now, I get closer and closer to max hydration!

So this morning I did:

#1 - KCKT + BS + water, put a cap on for 30 minutes
#2 - Bentonite Clay, NO cap on for 30 minutes
#3 - Rinse it out and take shower as normal (note: I did NOT put conditioner on after rinsing the mask)
#4 - Spray bottle of 2 oz. of KCKT/Trader Joe's + water and sprayed  each section until its dripping wet, apply gel, spray next section and apply gel, spray next section and apply gel, etc
#5 - shake head, admire that even the toughest 4C strands are dangling like I never thought possible, and I dry my head and pat it so it looks more shrunk since I think its just a neater look.

So I definitely like doing the clay mask as the last cleanse because my hair needs a lot of help with clumping. So tomorrow, I'll deep condition using my steamer (10 - 15 minutes) and then I am going to make this even shorter by applying the mud mask while in the shower. It won't be precise, I'm just gonna rub it in and see what happens. 
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:53am
I want to try the version Pinke described: acv rinse, clay mask, co-wash, leave - in and seal. But how do you DC for two weeks?
Does baking soda close the cuticle in the same way the act rinse does?
Would it be possible on days with more limited time to just do the clay mask and/or co-wash, leave - in and seal? Should all versions of MHM start with wet hair?

Edited by nicks_hotmama06 - Jun 29 2014 at 3:23am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

I want to try the version Pinke described: acv rinse, clay mask, co-wash, leave - in and seal. But how do you DC for two weeks?
Does baking soda close the cuticle in the same way the act rinse does?
Would it be possible on days with more limited time to just do the clay mask and/or co-wash, leave - in and seal? Should all versions of MHM start with wet hair?

The DC part would be for the bald spot regimen. SO you would ACV, Clay, then DC for 2 weeks straight without taking off the cap until you next repeat the steps. Also cayenee pepper can be added to the Clay mix for stimulation. The versions that start with wet hair would be the one where you are doing clay first. All the other versions are done on dry hair. I wouldn't recommend only doing the clay mask, you can but it will affect your results especially if you are just starting.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 10:25am
The Max Hydration Method

ooo Version 1(Day/Night regimen) ooo

Night

Step 1. Bakingsoda/ ACV rinse
Step 2. Deep condition/GHE, may add light oils to scalp. You may use thermal heating cap or steam for an hour before wearing the shower cap to bed

Day

Step 2.(continued)
Rinse out DC and detangle in morning.
Step 3. Clay
Step 4. Leave in. Hair should be soaking wet, no matter how you go about doing it.
Step 5. Gel/ Oil to set into style (no glycerin or coconut oil)

More detailed version, mixtures, and stretching options:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10888148.html?KW=THE+MAX+HYD#10888148

ooo Version 2 (Fastest for All in one go) ooo

Step 1. Wet hair

Step 2.
Clay rinse

Step 3. Bakingsoda rinse

Step 4.
Apply conditioner on sopping wet hair under shower. Slide off access conditioner with hands to avoid residue

Step 5. Apply gel on sopping wet hair and keep hair wet. Shake. Or apply an gel or oil and set into style.

ooo Version 3 (all in one go ACV) ooo

Step 1. ACV
Step 2. Clay
Step 3. Leave in, as in version 2.
Step 4. Gel/ Oil

ooo Version 4 (Bald spot regimen/For people who's hair is too short for gel) ooo

Step 1.
ACV (can also add cayenne pepper)
Step 2. Clay (with cayenne pepper and light stimulating oils added)
Step 3. Apply light oils to scalp(I Recommend a light oil mixed with stimulating antimicrobial oils)
Step 4. Deep condition for 2-3 weeks before repeating whole regimen.

ooo Version 5 (For Cherry Lola) ooo

Night

Step 1:
Cherry Lola
Step 2: DC overnight

Day

Step 3. Clay
Step 4. Leave in
Step 5. Gel/oil(if doing set style)

ooo Version 6 (Longer version for All in one go)ooo

Step 1. B.S./ACV
Step 2. Steam/thermal heating cap/Warm conditioner
Step 3. Clay
Step 4. Leave in
Step 5. Gel/oil(if doing set style)

For all options, note:
Do not dry hair after each step/rinse. You want your hair to be very wet especially when you are applying the leave in. You can even do this under the shower. As you section your hair to apply gel, if the hair section you haven't gotten to yet is getting dry, apply or spray more watered down conditioner to the section, and slide of excess foam off as you work it in. Make sure it gets to your roots too. The wetter and more slippery your hair is after the leave in step, the softer the gel dries.

Basic MHM outline:

o Gentle Clarification of product residue and build up that blocks cuticles and gets on scalp.
o Cuticles are lifted.
o Moisture is introduced and readily absorbed.
o Moisture is sealed in and cuticles close.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 29 2014 at 5:12pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:01pm
Did version 2 MHM today here is a pic

FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:15pm
OKay, I think Im confused but will try option 2 lol
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Did version 2 MHM today here is a pic

ClapBig smile Great results aharri! The curls in the front are really popping!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by FaNcee NATURAL FaNcee NATURAL wrote:

OKay, I think Im confused but will try option 2 lol
lol tell us how it works
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:46pm
btw aharri i posted your before and after pictures on the MHM's Pintrest and Instagram.

http://www.pinterest.com/maxhydration/max-hydration-method/

http://instagram.com/maxhydrationmethod
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair