Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 252>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 6:05am
Ok, thanks pinkecube  just received my bottle of kinky curly knot today and the custard, so I guess I'll stick with those for now. It looks like I'll need to order some more, doesn't look like they'll last me for too long. Going to get the rest of the items for the cherry lola caramel treatment this weekend and I should be set to start the regimen so excited Big smile
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 6:13am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Ok, thanks pinkecube  just received my bottle of kinky curly knot today and the custard, so I guess I'll stick with those for now. It looks like I'll need to order some more, doesn't look like they'll last me for too long. Going to get the rest of the items for the cherry lola caramel treatment this weekend and I should be set to start the regimen so excited Big smile

That's great! Now, remember you can water it down by adding a little to a separate application bottle and shaking it. It foams a lot, don't add so much where it get too watery, but you can look to see weather the consistency is still thick enough. I find now that i can water down the kckt pretty well, i water it down for every step now, and i actually find it is easier to spread and still gives me great slip.

and also do not have to use as much gel anymore, after doing my hair for the first time in a week yesterday. and my second day hair still shakes. Because while i wasn't doing my hair i still did step 1 and 2 and just kept ghe for an entire week, only clarifying w/ BS again once more, that my hair was still able to retain moisture while i was very busy. I had easier definition and my first day hair was shakeable the whole day and already starting to root to tip define after my clay rinse. My hydration levels significantly increased, because even though i didn't do my hair, i made sure to take advantage of the first 2 steps.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 04 2014 at 6:17am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 6:19am
I'm not sure maybe they have two versions or maybe they discontinued one. All I know is that she just came back from the US and this is what she found in a store there. I didn't ask her where exactly she bought it from. Perhaps from Target. Luckily she got me the kinky curly too so I'll use that instead.

These companies are really playing games with consumers, having major changes in ingredients while having subtle changes in the name of the product. I mean most people dont know the difference. You could easily just look at the name tea tree tripple treat and not notice the eco chic versus pure organic same goes with the tresemme naturals you could easily interchange the two.

I'll stick with Kinky curly for now at least I know their products have stayed the same for years and years!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 6:23am

I'm not sure maybe they have two versions or maybe they discontinued one. All I know is that she just came back from the US and this is what she found in a store there. I didn't ask her where exactly she bought it from. Perhaps from Target. Luckily she got me the kinky curly too so I'll use that instead.

These companies are really playing games with consumers, having major changes in ingredients while having subtle changes in the name of the product. I mean most people dont know the difference. You could easily just look at the name tea tree tripple treat and not notice the eco chic versus pure organic same goes with the tresemme naturals you could easily interchange the two.

I'll stick with Kinky curly for now at least I know their products have stayed the same for years and years!

I know, companies are always playing tricks. Take eco styler gel for example. aside from the whole tEa thing, they market their product with vague deceiving words like "100% Olive oil!", where as olive oil is the third last ingredient on the list. then they add a bunch of artificial colorings to make it look green so people think that the color is from the olive oil. it's ridiculous.

Glad u got ur staple products set.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 04 2014 at 6:25am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 7:13am
Yah I read your post on ECO styler, it's ridiculous, what these companies are doing!!! 

Thanks for the tip on watering down the conditioner, coz I can also be a little heavy handed when it comes to products LOL. Watering it down will definitely help it last longer.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 11:21am

Let me know how the cherry lola treatment works..I haven't done it yet. I been super busy with school and haven't had time to go get the ingredients.

pinkie I am bombarding you with questions sorry, but it seems as if tresseme naturals contains many drying ingredients so do you still recommend it as a conditioner for this method? I like KCKT but it's really expensive for such a small bottle.

Secondly where can I buy a clay on the ground for this method?

Last question ( for right now at least ) what do you recommend for refreshing 2nd day hair? I sleep on a satin pillowcase and I just refresh KCCC with water from a spray bottle however I was wondering if there was a better way to refresh 2nd day hair. Or should this regimen be done everyday?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

[QUOTE=msdeekay]pinkie I am bombarding you with questions sorry, but it seems as if tresseme naturals contains many drying ingredients so do you still recommend it as a conditioner for this method? I like KCKT but it's really expensive for such a small bottle.

Secondly where can I buy a clay on the ground for this method?

Last question ( for right now at least ) what do you recommend for refreshing 2nd day hair? I sleep on a satin pillowcase and I just refresh KCCC with water from a spray bottle however I was wondering if there was a better way to refresh 2nd day hair. Or should this regimen be done everyday?

Yes, i think tresseme narurals has changed the ingredients on their only good conditioner. I think the only place rhey sell the old version is that site and will eventually run out of stock. The conditioners i most recommend are ones that dont contain any problem ingredients at all, second i recommend product that at least have the drying ingredients close to the bottom. First place definetly goes to kinky curly knot today. It is also very thick and i find that i can water it down ALOT in an applicator bottle shake and it will still foam and have slip and b easier to spread. My second favorite is trader joes tea tree tingle, but it has soy protein near the end of the long ingredients list. For me i dont refresh my hair. It usually feels soft and pliable the next morning so i just gently tug sections of hair to un flatten and im good. Spritzing your hair with water might help, but when i refresh if at all i just put a tiny dime drop of a light oil like olive oil and rub it on my hands and just rub it on all over my hair. The regimen should be done everyday consecutively for at least a full 7 days. Then you can spread it out, but no longer than 3 days before you should at least be clarifying and ghe.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:51pm
yup no problem will be reporting here how it goes :)
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:53pm
Oh so we only do it everyday for 7 days? lol for some reason I thought we were supposed to do it every day until we reach maximum hydration, then you can spread it out? 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 1:03pm
yes, but not longer than every 3 days. I personally feel the first 7 days is the real jumpstart, then your hydration levels go up. but for me, i don't wear the same wash and go longer than 3 days b4 i must at least clarify and DC with a scarf when i go out if i still don't have time. DC has really helped because it actively increases moisture retention.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 252>
  Share Topic