BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:12am
Yea someone stole my virginity again

so upset
Sponsored Links

Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:13am
Weak.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:17am
Choke on it
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 1:12am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

You don't say the N word.....?

*squints*

I think I'll be taking your black card away now. You can't sit with us!!

Dont do me like that!! Its not for moral reasons. I have no morals.

You know what? it's fine. I dont hang with light skinned girls anyway.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:32am
fine!! Go sit with the dark ones!!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:36am
Lol..

Light skin messiness upinhea
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 3:25am

Last I checked bleaching creams are out selling tanning oil in the black community....but if some of yall really believe that most black people prefer Lupita's skin tone over Beyonce's then....I have $2 dolla' 36 inch shed free brazilian bundles to sale you. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Mar 27 2014 at 3:29am
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:54am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

@mangachan, many black men consider themselves MEN first while their blackness plays second fiddle,
while the reverse is true for black women. most of us consider ourselves black first, women second. 

the subject of race usually does not factor into black men's day to day existence until they are faced with discrimination. and we are left with the duty to hold them down. that's about the extent of our brother/sister bond. 

this is way off topic and a whole nother subject though. there is a common thread in both topics but i don't want to veer off too much. 

*scratching chin*
Interesting perspective. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:13am

kind of off topic

I have a light skinned person in my life that says they are blacker than me because they grew up in the hood
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:20am
Noney that is an interesting perspective and I understand why you would feel that way.  I do agree on a small level that black men see themselves as men first and black second.  I'm supersad that it seems that way because there are many black men who are 100% with us.

I think we need to hold them accountable for this abandonment.   We need to put it in their fact so that they know and understand the way we perceive their failure to defend us with equal tenacity (the way we defend them). 

My theory is that their need to be in tune with the overly manly group and to appear strong is the reason they tend to fall back when they shouldn't.   I don't believe they always know it comes off as indifference.  You're not supposed to have feelings because that's girly.  But men have very strong feelings (emotions) and not a lot of counteractions that are productive and safe. 

As an example my husband refuses to get to involved in certain things and tells me to let him know when someone needs to die.  He feels like he only has one response to certain types of disrespect.  Kill.   Especially when it comes to me and the kids.  His warning is be careful what you tell me. 

Basically in a war your soldiers take their cue from the commanders.  Men only really know one way to handle certain things so they fall back.  In this case they need to get closer to the problem without killing everybodyLOL

Anyway, all that said just for those who want to discuss this with the people around them and really make a change.  Don't waste your time on the cooning niccahs and you can spot them a mile away. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>
  Share Topic