Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:24pm
that kinda didn't come out right but it kinda did lol

i am not claiming that black men constantly disrespect black women but i do feel like black men generally do not go out of their way to uphold the black brother/sister bond like many of us do. 

i know this will be misconstrued. 

Edited by noneyons - Mar 26 2014 at 9:25pm
Sponsored Links

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

that kinda didn't come out right but it kinda did lol

i am not claiming that black men constantly disrespect black women but i do feel like black men generally do not go out of their way to uphold the black brother/sister bond like many of us do. 

i know this will be misconstrued. 

In what ways?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Lb, do people who don't know that you're black look at you weird when you say the n word? lol If you say it, I mean.

LOL you would think I would, as foul as my mouth is. But I just didn't grow up saying it, so I never picked it up. So, it's not part of my vocab. FTR though, I'm not part of the team that believes the word is detrimental and should be abolished.

But an example of something I wanted to say  badly today but didn't because I still don't know if this lady knows I'm black.. she was telling me something some uppity lady said to her in an email and I started to ask "Is she white??" but I stopped myself.

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

I also notice when  LB post about her life, some posters joke that she is a white woman and such. But I believe it is all in jest though. But LB does it ever irk you just a little?

Lol, I think all of the times I've seen it were in jest and from posters I like (ex. Sang, Jones etc). But no, doesn't bother me at all. My friends call me white girl all the time. I'm used to it

I also know not everyone thinks of me as black. That's ok, fck them bit I understand lol

Edited by Lite Brite - Mar 26 2014 at 9:56pm
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:04pm
P.S. yalls #lightskinstruggle is fckin up my #SUPERlightskinstruggle in that yall's discomfort with people asking if yall are mixed is what is PREVENTING them from asking me. So, great... people will continue to tell me "oh, I always thought you were Mexican/Colombian/ PR/ white/something but not black!" when they finally find out Sleepy

I asked the carwash worker the other day about the free vacuum and she bust out laughing after I answered her "You mixed??" question. She said "Oh cause how you sound doesn't match how you look".

Team #PleaseAskBecauseIdontWantTobeMexicanInYourHead

Edited by Lite Brite - Mar 26 2014 at 10:05pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:31pm
@mangachan, many black men consider themselves MEN first while their blackness plays second fiddle,
while the reverse is true for black women. most of us consider ourselves black first, women second. 

the subject of race usually does not factor into black men's day to day existence until they are faced with discrimination. and we are left with the duty to hold them down. that's about the extent of our brother/sister bond. 

this is way off topic and a whole nother subject though. there is a common thread in both topics but i don't want to veer off too much. 

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:32pm
LB is sillyLOL
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Lb, do people who don't know that you're black look at you weird when you say the n word? lol If you say it, I mean.

LOL you would think I would, as foul as my mouth is. But I just didn't grow up saying it, so I never picked it up. So, it's not part of my vocab. FTR though, I'm not part of the team that believes the word is detrimental and should be abolished.

But an example of something I wanted to say  badly today but didn't because I still don't know if this lady knows I'm black.. she was telling me something some uppity lady said to her in an email and I started to ask "Is she white??" but I stopped myself.

You don't say the N word.....?

*squints*

I think I'll be taking your black card away now. You can't sit with us!!

Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:00am
I don't either. I hate that word.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:02am
Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion Smile

Edited by BBpants - Mar 27 2014 at 12:02am
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:09am
You're probably just upset from having your stuff stolen again.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
  Share Topic