BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:16pm
I'm tired of people asking me " am I mixed?" and when I wear 22" Indian wavy " is that yo hair?

#lightskinrealstruggling
Sponsored Links

Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:38pm
Lol I think any skin complexion got that question if their hair was pass their shoulders ^^^

I always got the mixed question and I'm darker than both my parents
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i was surprised this girl has 2 black parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuXj8AfWcDM

Are you sure?LOL
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Did you honestly think this type of thread would end well??? 

People don't like to deal with their own insecurities, shortcomings, or feelings of inferiority even if they never admit it. There have been enough threads on the first page of TTT to prove that, if you missed any of them just browse the Lupita, random hair thoughts ,hell someone was up in arms about someone not telling her , her baby was cute and she went with the theory that it was because she was dark complexion....

If you said anything that even implied that you didnt think Lupita was pretty, they came for you and swore you hated dark skin. If you then posted in the Kim K. thread then that confirmed your evil skin hating ways. Someone went as far to say that Kim's thread was longer, even though it was started a year pre Lupita. Confused

If you say you not natural, then you a coon loving weave wearing baldhead ho. You cant possibly wanna embrace your inner black girl. Phuck the possibility that you don't have 4b hair, and just dont like the look of a damn twistout. 

Most times its the person that wont let themselves be GREAT....

Thumbs Up
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i was surprised this girl has 2 black parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuXj8AfWcDM

Are you sure?LOL

somebody didnt watch the video
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:44pm
its an erroneous assumption to think that people who have issues with the ls/ds thing are darkies who wish they were light

how ignorant
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:54pm
Its sad its even a struggle imagined or real. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:57pm
or your lack of empathy
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:58pm
I need to tan.  Yep.  Getting too pale.

#thelightskinstruggleisreal
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:14pm
it is sad that there is a struggle. but its not imagined. some people don't like to be introspective about these things and live life on the shallow end, scared to face their demons, but again. it is very real. 

the complex is everywhere. when people say "i don't like light skinned women/men because [insert bullsh*t reason]", or "i prefer light skinned men/women because [insert bullsh*t reason]", their complex is showing. 

not sure what afro meant with the lack of empathy comment, but that resonates with me. struggle is struggle. there is no competition. but i chose my words carefully because, whether we want to admit it or not, this topic has folk in defense mode. 

whatever though...

Edited by noneyons - Mar 26 2014 at 6:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style