BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:39am
lmao @ nala. girl, aint nobody said nothing bout not taking care of your skin. i'm talking bout not making it a focus and getting caught all up in all the sh*t that goes along with it. 
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:40am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

lemme get real. 

i have issues with dating because i tend to run into dudes who eventually make a spectacle of themselves by bringing up my skin tone; asking if i'm mixed with something or another. 

i hate that sh*t with a passion. 

makes me wonder if they are interested in who i am and all i encompass as a black woman or whether they view my slight lightness as an attribute; making me that much closer to their ideal woman--which is white. 

this is crippling my dating for real. i side eye every kneegrow who approaches me for that reason alone. 

Me all the way! I have a guy friend that always talks about his love of white women. When he tried to pursue me and I ignored tf outta him he said he only liked me cause I was light skinned. like, even though you know we aren't compatible and this wouldn't work out, you were gonna try anyway and probably destroy a good friendship b/c you want a light skin girl I side eye any dude that talks about my skin color.

Me and him have cussed the dog out of each other before over his white/light skin obsession. His dumbass doesn't understand why that's a slave complex and instead just think black girls are jealous . I have no issues with interracial dating, but this fool irks my nerve with going after chicks b/c of their skin tone. He's passed up some black queens before to fuqq with some white girls that look like they've taken a sack of nickels to the mug.

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:47am
he sounds like a straight buffoon. why are you friends with him?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:48am

I could understand why it might be uncomfortable to mention yourself as light skinned if you're even anywhere close to what some people think of as the border. And some people are quick to  to tell someone "um no..you're NOT light skinned" ... (just like I'm telling you you are lol. )

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:08am
I shouldn't be uncomfortable calling myself light skin tho...UGH...
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:23am
I usually laugh at the typical mixed girl struggle because they’re  dramatic and I can’t relate. Not to say their feelings aren’t valid, but anyway.

My actual struggle is I identify as black and feel that this is my group. However, the obvious way to identify a member of this group is by physical appearance, which I apparently don’t have according to most…so this is a “problem” I deal with everyday. I’m in no way miserable or depressed about it, but it definitely is ever-present in my interactions with people, my almost paranoid anticipation of racist remarks by unsuspecting white people etc.

Imagine being black.. but no one can tell. Not even like people with albinism, because they're still clearly black. But imagine your visible blackness being very faint or invisible to some

To further complicate things, I’m very pro-black and liberal. I don’t have much interaction with white people so it isn’t typically a problem in that area.. but I somehow seem to come across a lot of black men who have views I disagree with (ex. “White people aren’t holding us back, slavery is over, no excuses;  I’m obsessed with light skinned women just my mama is semi-light, not cause of society; f*ck your pro black struggle, I’m for the advancement of everyone"). Now, outside of BHM, I can be quite argumentative, and so I confront them about these views , but I think they often don’t hear me. Like, even though I’ve identified myself as black to them by this point, imagine a girl who you previously thought was white/Mexican telling you why your thoughts on your community are flawed. I get it.

There are also things I can’t do/say around people until I’m confident they know I’m black.

Lol there are a lot of ways it affects my daily experience, but I'll stop here. In the end, I'm still level headed and happy.

It seems that the girls who want to identify as white, are clearly mixed,  and were raised in white towns are the ones with the more extreme issues

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 2:36am
Lb, do people who don't know that you're black look at you weird when you say the n word? lol If you say it, I mean.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Oh the struggle

SHE IS WHITE....She has the complexion for the protection of the collection

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:24am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

he sounds like a straight buffoon. why are you friends with him?

For a while we weren't talking tbh. But despite his fcked up views he is truly a good friend. We don't see eye to eye but I can't dispute his loyalty to me.

&& he's slowly learning that these yt women aren't the creme de la creme. He's been leaving them alone and now he has a beautiful chocolate gf he worships!

Edited by danieb23 - Mar 26 2014 at 3:27am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:40am
Light skin chicks apparently suck.. Not in the good sense in bed and and are lazy

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>
  Share Topic