Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:22am
Eff the light skin struggle, I'm too light to be dark and to dark to be light. In-betweens have the hardest struggle, we are always ignored and forgotten about. I can't even participate in the twitter hashtags that identity ones complexion. It's real out here in these brown-skin streets.

Kidding.
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:26am
i can't speak for bb but i think i understand where she's coming from. i think. 

i don't like to be referred to as light because light skinned is dangerous territory lol. 

some people don't like you because you're light, some people assume you're stuck up, some people think you're not black enough and you're almost forced to prove your blackness instead of just being. 

like my nephew. poor baby. he's doing good now though. in the army always having to prove himself. 

too much work. i feel for the super light skinned folks. yall my sistas too though ((hugs))
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:26am
Can a lite brite love their complexion without getting a
side eye ?
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:28am
loving your light skin as a black woman is weird imo but i tread carefully.
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:28am
^nope.ur supposed to wish u were darker o_O.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

BB,  I want to be called light brown too, but you're not leaving the team, sorry boo. Light brown is still on the light skin scale.

does it feel wrong because some people in the past have told you that you dont count as light skinned? Like, since you see yourself on the line it's more comfortable to not even go there? Or because you really dont think you're brite skinned?

eta: brite skinned = light skinned. Lol sounds dumb.. but thats what we call it lol. BHM got me saying light skinned

Cry awww man

I think so... My mom and my older sister are really really light and they don't consider me light skin so when other people say I'm light skin I'm like nooo lies!! LOL
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:31am
Yes that too noneyon but I was scared to go there lmao
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:31am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Nature,
Serious question, how does this (in your opinion) hurt the black progression movement?

I know it's to nature, but I wanted to stab at it

It's not helping our progression because it keeps us focused on each other and not any real issues like education, how to manage money, how to fill out college applications, what else can one do of they decide not to go to college, how to raise a family, what career to choose, how to start a business, networking with each other...more important stuff.

Instead we have to decide who's light, and who's lighter. Then who's richer? Who's better?

Not, how do we come together and knock these rich mothafu.ckas out the game?

But, in the name of entertainment, black entertainment, continue.

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:36am
if this were the random philosophical thread, i'd say that i think black women on either end of the scale (1-10 or 10-1 lol) were born into their skin for the purpose of their soul's progression. focus on what's on the inside rather than what's on the outside in this crazy color struck matrix we live in. sh*t like that. and i'd go deeper.

but this is a fun, shallow thread so disregard.

Edited by noneyons - Mar 26 2014 at 1:37am
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:37am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

loving your light skin as a black woman is weird imo but i tread carefully.

My friend dont give a fucc if anybody gots a problem with her lightskinnedness. She got nice yellow undertones and she stay rubbin this cream she got from sephora that got golden flecks in it which really makes her skintone pop, especially in da summer. she broke as fucc but if you saw her, you would thought she was gettin the same 24k gold dust skin treatments that Mariah Carey getsThumbs Up. She knows she's the sh*t and she takes care of her light skin unlike some of these rough textured dull skint heffas
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>
  Share Topic