Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

lemme get real. 

i have issues with dating because i tend to run into dudes who eventually make a spectacle of themselves by bringing up my skin tone; asking if i'm mixed with something or another. 

i hate that sh*t with a passion. 

makes me wonder if they are interested in who i am and all i encompass as a black woman or whether they view my slight lightness as an attribute; making me that much closer to their ideal woman--which is white. 

this is crippling my dating for real. i side eye every kneegrow who approaches me for that reason alone. 

Girl duh. Brothaz are fickle.
Geek
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Other people do and I'm a little annoyed by it lol

And why do you think this is?

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

On the scale, 10 is light?

Interesting... 

LoL this. Shandra said something similar, that she pictured light skin higher than dark skin. I guess it's trivial but that doesn't make sense to me. I picture 1 as the lightest and 10 as the darkest or darker being higher than light. That's usually how it is with makeup and stuff anyways. Lightest to darkest left to right.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:04am
just wanna say this. the women in my family are all beautiful brown/dark skinned goddesses. my aunt and i (on my mama's side) along with some second and third cousins are the only exceptions (please don't misconstrue this term). so all i know of beauty is black. not to say i can't see beauty in lighter skinned women, but my eyes are always drawn to darker women because my ma has always been the definition of beauty to me (crazy as she might be). 

this is my struggle, basically. it aint a matter of life or death, but it gives me a unique perspective i think. 

Edited by noneyons - Mar 26 2014 at 1:04am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:05am
dark is #1 

#1`is the best! we are the champions and sh*t like that

better?

Edited by noneyons - Mar 26 2014 at 1:06am
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Other people do and I'm a little annoyed by it lol

And why do you think this is?

I don't feel comfortable calling myself light skin. It feels wrong. I wanna be team light brown lol
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:09am

dark is #1 

better?

Y'all be getting irritated for no reason. I responded to her before I read the rest of the thread and saw a big deal was being made about it. Forget it.

Anyway, I expected to hear more light skin struggles in the form of being hated on, etc. Or are we not being that real yet?

(But all colors of women hate, let's just get that out of the way.)
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:12am
it's just funny, lies how you and alias automatically assumed the worse when i did the whole scale thing. sounds like yet another complex. 
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:17am
BB,  I want to be called light brown too, but you're not leaving the team, sorry boo. Light brown is still on the light skin scale.

does it feel wrong because some people in the past have told you that you dont count as light skinned? Like, since you see yourself on the line it's more comfortable to not even go there? Or because you really dont think you're brite skinned?

eta: brite skinned = light skinned. Lol sounds dumb.. but thats what we call it lol. BHM got me saying light skinned

Edited by Lite Brite - Mar 26 2014 at 1:19am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:18am

it's just funny, lies how you and alias automatically assumed the worse when i did the whole scale thing. sounds like yet another complex. 

When did either of us say it was a bad thing? She said interesting and I know for a fact I said I pictured it the opposite way and that's all I said. You're reading something that's not there for your own personal reasons. But yeah, have fun with this thread. Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
  Share Topic