Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

femme has a lot of sense. i can tell she's successfully sifted through the colorism bullsh*t.

i really like her font.  

Lol well thank you. I really have sifted through colorism like none other. The same way many black women around me have dissected racism. It's just colorism has had a more immediate impact on the way I view the world so I love hearing people's experiences on both sides of the spectrum.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Lacey disappeared from TTT after that lol

She sent me an angry message months later and I was like bruh...you still thinking about me after all this time and for some reason my feelings are supposed to be hurt?

If you gonna type something like "I'm sorry but I can't be dark skin" you should expect to offend people. 

Message you about what? LOL

I would copy paste it but it was some time ago and it's not in this inbox if you get my drift. But it was a slew of shyt like blackie, sambo, ugly, nappy head, etc but she made sure to include plenty of epithets used against dark skinned people and of course a bunch of these LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL. Completely out of the blue. I messaged her back "you still mad?" or some shyt like that. She may have messaged me back, I don't remember but that was pretty much it. Confused

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 26 2014 at 8:32pm
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:35pm
Dag

Lmao
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:36pm

Scandalous! You must have really pissed her off LOL
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:36pm
This is a 20 pg color thread.  Should I bother reading?
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:40pm

Scandalous! You must have really pissed her off LOL

I don't even remember getting into it with her heavy but people be carrying that shyt I guess. Don't get mad at me bish, if you wrong you wrong.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:50pm
lol people on here tend to hold grudges so im not really surprised
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

femme has a lot of sense. i can tell she's successfully sifted through the colorism bullsh*t.

i really like her font.  

Lol well thank you. I really have sifted through colorism like none other. The same way many black women around me have dissected racism. It's just colorism has had a more immediate impact on the way I view the world so I love hearing people's experiences on both sides of the spectrum.

women on the lighter end of the spectrum who allow themselves to get caught in the web of colorism revel in the attention that comes with the territory while women on the darker side of the spectrum (who are caught up in the web) experience feelings of inadequacy because they are not afforded the same regards. but when you put it under a microscope, colorism does nothing but strip away the humanity of black women while reducing us to mere objects. 

it takes a lot of introspection to grasp this concept. you have force yourself to feel the pain as you peel away all the layers before you're able to let it all go. but once you do it is the most liberating feeling in the world. i get the feeling you've reached that point, femme. 
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

i really like her font.  

women on the lighter end of the spectrum who allow themselves to get caught in the web of colorism revel in the attention that comes with the territory while women on the darker side of the spectrum (who are caught up in the web) experience feelings of inadequacy because they are not afforded the same regards. but when you put it under a microscope, colorism does nothing but strip away the humanity of black women while reducing us to mere objects. 

it takes a lot of introspection to grasp this concept. you have force yourself to feel the pain as you peel away all the layers before you're able to let it all go. but once you do it is the most liberating feeling in the world. i get the feeling you've reached that point, femme. 

Mm I wouldn't say I have let the pain go. Seeing my black brothers talk about these color preferences of theirs while they disdain the white social construct in our society that has its own color preference AND watch as the black women, some of whom they openly disregard as unworthy of their love, march in rallies over their racially motivated killings/firings/jail sentences, will forever be frustrating. But I like to think I'm making individual strides within my community by at least talking about it with people as opposed to disliking people for something they may not realize they are falling prey to.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:15pm
Clapthat is real talk.

to be completely honest, i have cut ties with the brother/sister bond i've always felt for black men. i respect them on a human level only because that's about the extent of respect i think MANY of them (who actually do respect black women) have for us. 

i'm being real. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>