Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

the light skinned struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Did you honestly think this type of thread would end well??? 

People don't like to deal with their own insecurities, shortcomings, or feelings of inferiority even if they never admit it. There have been enough threads on the first page of TTT to prove that, if you missed any of them just browse the Lupita, random hair thoughts ,hell someone was up in arms about someone not telling her , her baby was cute and she went with the theory that it was because she was dark complexion....

If you said anything that even implied that you didnt think Lupita was pretty, they came for you and swore you hated dark skin. If you then posted in the Kim K. thread then that confirmed your evil skin hating ways. Someone went as far to say that Kim's thread was longer, even though it was started a year pre Lupita. Confused

If you say you not natural, then you a coon loving weave wearing baldhead ho. You cant possibly wanna embrace your inner black girl. Phuck the possibility that you don't have 4b hair, and just dont like the look of a damn twistout. 

Most times its the person that wont let themselves be GREAT....

Notice I used all brown or dark gifs cause y'all be pressed about that shyt tooLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Mar 26 2014 at 10:39am
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:49am

I've seen my sister has gone through some things because of her complexion. People would automatically judge her even before getting to know her.... she ended up being really defensive about who she lets in her circle of friends.

Light skin women get judged unfairly by other blacks, I've seen it.....
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I've seen my sister has gone through some things because of her complexion. People would automatically judge her even before getting to know her.... she ended up being really defensive about who she lets in her circle of friends.

Light skin women get judged unfairly by other blacks, I've seen it.....

By blacks that aint light enough according to their mirror , comfort level and personal issues. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:03am
Why can't someone just not like your azz, what happened to that??? 
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:06am
Most of my friends are light.....not purposely tho......I had one dark friend.....she use to try to send me off too much.....like with clothes and makeup and dudes.....I swear that bish was tryna sabotage me....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:12am
Maybe I just don't get it, and probably never will. If people spent as much time worrying about improving their own life, how would you have the time, energy or effort to really ponder what someone else thinks.

Sometimes people just don't like you, it aint about your light/dark skin, you wear weave or kinky twists, you fat/skinny, or any other factor that YOU don't like about YOURSELF. 

SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:16am
Rummy I agree

I have a light bright sister and I've shared her struggle so to speak

She turns red whenever someone refers to her as "bright". She jumps for joy when summer comes because she gets a tan.

I can compliment her skin and she looks so uncomfy :-(
Like, girl you look radiant. And she'll look pained and give me a weak "thanks".

This is my older sis. It frustrates me that she feels inferior over something beyond her control.
Actually, it pisses me off. I want her to be in love with herself just as much as the next person of color.

It's definitely an odd topic among our community, there are no clear winners. This isn't a competition nor should it ever have been to begin with.

I think the balancing act with being light skin is feeling just as good in your skin without upsetting someone else's insecurities. Chile. I can't imagine juggling that. Lmao

Especially as a brazen self confident woman. Turn down for what yet still be humble bout some damn skin. It's a mind fukk.
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:17am

Some people I look at just being light brown people call light skin, like Tae Heckard (my avi) I consider her brown but everyone on instagram calls her light skin or yellow. Is she considered light or brown? I'm curious.

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:17am

I'm very light and have 4B hair. Everybody says that's a FAIL lol

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:21am
Its the same way with guys…The scale is smaller though.
Society just puts less pressure on our looks and more pressure on our earning potential.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
  Share Topic