BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The KKK is at it again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Why are black people still in the south?

trust me, there are crazy racist ppl all over, not just in the south.

I have actually experienced more racism living here in the North than I ever have when I lived down south. and I've only been up here for about 2yrs.

What happened? Inquiring minds want to know! Geek

besides all the everyday microagressions??

pulled over by the police multiple times for my car fitting a certain profile (which is bs b/c my car is a very distinct color/has specific decals, but i was accused of slapping them on to avoid suspicion)

swarmed by 6 police cars b/c apparently i robbed a hair store (i was in a store 2 doors down)

me and my students (prek, so age 3-5) being called N*ggers during a field trip by another school, and when trying to talk to the teachers about their students (who were elementary age) doing this, being brushed off and told you lie. try explaining that one when you go back to the classroom...

another student of mine (during summer school) being held on suspicion of stealing something when he didn't...b/c he was with me the whole time and not near the place it supposedly happened

blatantly followed around at a high end store, and being asked to leave said store.

I could go on and on...but just saying that the North isn't as progressive as some (including me once upon a time) would like/were lead to believe

This happened to me in Italy smh...
Sponsored Links

AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:51pm
It's sad that we don't have any real organized groups to counter it. Long live the BLA! The Klan is the least of our problems though.
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Why are black people still in the south?

trust me, there are crazy racist ppl all over, not just in the south.

I have actually experienced more racism living here in the North than I ever have when I lived down south. and I've only been up here for about 2yrs.

What happened? Inquiring minds want to know! Geek

besides all the everyday microagressions??

pulled over by the police multiple times for my car fitting a certain profile (which is bs b/c my car is a very distinct color/has specific decals, but i was accused of slapping them on to avoid suspicion)

swarmed by 6 police cars b/c apparently i robbed a hair store (i was in a store 2 doors down)

me and my students (prek, so age 3-5) being called N*ggers during a field trip by another school, and when trying to talk to the teachers about their students (who were elementary age) doing this, being brushed off and told you lie. try explaining that one when you go back to the classroom...

another student of mine (during summer school) being held on suspicion of stealing something when he didn't...b/c he was with me the whole time and not near the place it supposedly happened

blatantly followed around at a high end store, and being asked to leave said store.

I could go on and on...but just saying that the North isn't as progressive as some (including me once upon a time) would like/were lead to believe

Wow, smdh. So sorry that happened to you, and anybody else who went through something similar
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

hate groups are on the rise, a steep rise. apparently, the KKK has a negative connotation and history (when did it have a positive Ermm), which is why their numbers are so low. however, if you were to round up people who were in hate groups that were similar to the KKK but with different names, the number would well exceed 5k. this is how it was explained to me, anyway. 

LMAO

Even amongst White nationalist circles, nobody really f*cks with the Klan like that anymore. That brand of extremism is looked at as old-fashioned and irrelevant. A bunch of old muthf*ckas walking around in costumes and sh*t.

It's analogous to how today's young hip hop Brothas look at them old, dusty ass KRS-One, boom bap, break-dancing Brothas. Out of touch and irrelevant.

why do you speak as though you've been to the meetings Cry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:57pm
I don't think blacks should eave the south

shame the racists into silence or change yes 

but too much black blood was spilled to just leave

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:59pm
ladybird Hug
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

hate groups are on the rise, a steep rise. apparently, the KKK has a negative connotation and history (when did it have a positive Ermm), which is why their numbers are so low. however, if you were to round up people who were in hate groups that were similar to the KKK but with different names, the number would well exceed 5k. this is how it was explained to me, anyway. 

LMAO

Even amongst White nationalist circles, nobody really f*cks with the Klan like that anymore. That brand of extremism is looked at as old-fashioned and irrelevant. A bunch of old muthf*ckas walking around in costumes and sh*t.

It's analogous to how today's young hip hop Brothas look at them old, dusty ass KRS-One, boom bap, break-dancing Brothas. Out of touch and irrelevant.

i know...that was the point i was trying to make.

they are just under different names now.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:38pm
Are they going to change the name of Forrest City? 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:47pm
^It's apart of their heritage Jas but it's not racist though and blah blah blah.LOL

This reminds me there are still towns and a river in the south that begin with the word 'lynch'. 
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 2:32am
As long as pork chops exist...racism will always exist...

i bet there wasn't as much hatred 6000 years ago. 

Edited by Lilaca - Feb 09 2013 at 2:33am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style