The HelpThumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The HelpThumbs Up
    Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 4:49pm
Thumbs Up How did you guys feel about this movie? I really enjoyed it. Of course there were alot of uncomfortable moments, but other than that it was good.
Sponsored Links

blkdymondzt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkdymondzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 6:29pm
i liked it .. I was MAD AS h*** within the first fifteen minutes which caused me to side eye the White people next to me for like two seconds lol but other than that it was a great movie.. Was funny, a tear jerker all that wrapped in one
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 1:27am
 Dead I hated it. I read the book and it was much more fun. You literally devour the pages.
I hated the movie for several reasons: 

SPOILERS* SPOILERS*SPOILERS

* the other maids only agreed to be part of the book because Yule May was arrested. Yule May stole something and it's wrong. But in the movie it seemed like they wanted revenge because she was arrested, as if the maids thought it was ok to steal

* when the maids were telling stories to Skitter, there were only good stories about white bosses (everyone knows how blacks were treated back in the 60's in Mississippi)

* Minny only decided to leave her abusive husband because her nice bosses wanted her forever - as if she couldn't make that decision without the help of whites - but on the book her husband wanted to kill her because he was fired by Hilly's husband and threw his own kids out of the house.

I didn't think much of Octavia Spencer's acting and still don't get why she got an Oscar.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic