It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2004 at 1:31pm

what's the point in growing hair to your waist if you are not going to wear it.

You wear it down sometimes, but you might not want to do so most of the time. It does get in the way.

Longer hair is a tad different from shorter hair. I think the older ends are, the more protection they need, You've got to protect a bit more from wind, clothes, dryness and wear. It's better to wear it up often.

Edited by Phoenix1017
Sponsored Links

mskibibi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2004 at 2:14pm
I'm currently using her technique and it's great for me. you just have to make sure that you keep the braids mositurized, that way your hair won't be fragile when you take the braids out. I don't do the end sealing though b/c I don't use any direct heat on my hair (except when I roller set once a week then go under a hooded dryer, but thats still not direct heat).
PorscheRocks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2004 at 3:18pm

Everyone with 4a/b hair isn't the same.  Even though you have the same hair type as someone, your hair is diffrerent.

Her techiniques may not work for you or your friend, but they work for other people.

betty boop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2004 at 3:40pm
Seems a little off. Look at how long the singer Brandy had braids in her hair, her real hair is not extra long. This chick might just have a natural looking weave in her hair or a lot of split ends like Cathy Howse.  
sweet_ambrosia View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2004 at 8:27pm

Originally posted by betty boop betty boop wrote:

Seems a little off. Look at how long the singer Brandy had braids in her hair, her real hair is not extra long. This chick might just have a natural looking weave in her hair or a lot of split ends like Cathy Howse.  

Brandy may have worn braids for awhile but anybody that doesnt take care of their hair while in braids or if the braids are too tight their hair will be damaged...Have you seen Brandy's hairline lately cud it be from the braids maybe maybe not?

Edited by sweet_ambrosia
sweet_ambrosia View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2004 at 8:33pm

Her technique may not work for all but it works for some..I dont find it hard to believe that she grew her hair from neckline to waist length in 2 years coz it is possiable with the proper care.

skinbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2004 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by Aleeesha Aleeesha wrote:

The hair lady e-mailed me back and answered my questions even when I was probably getting on her nerves. Her site is very informational, many things logical. What's wrong with selling videos on certaing things, she can do that if she want's too. As I said before her site is already very informational. Robin is just proving that 4a/b hair can be grown long which is an inspiration to many, and many are probably buying her videos for more information on how to properly wash the hair etcetera. Marketing is marketing.

That is also true, when you have long hair, it does get in the way, so the whole time, it wont be tickling down your back. The more breakage you have to worry about and that is definetly a negative.

The only reason she kept it braided was to grow it to the desired length and it worked. Now she can tell her story and show proof and also wear it how she pleases.

Amen to that.....The way I see it is this....go to the site and use the info there....it is free after all.....you don't have to buy any products there.......However, if people feel her hair is fake, then simply do not visit the site......simple logic

I'm using her braiding techniques and they work so I'm all for her site

Talmidim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2004 at 9:58pm

Shalom,

I used her recommended technique for washing my hair in large braids and it really helped.

It took the entire day though.

I have natural nappy hair that would become so tangled when I washed it. I would shampoo my hair with it piled up on top of my head.

It shrinks enormously when it is washed that way, however using her method there was not that much shrinkage and much less tangles..... therefore much less breakage.

I had always been told NEVER to comb hair while it is wet. However she does recommend this, after applying conditioner and removing tangles with your fingers first.

The only part of the technique I did not appreciate was having to lie in a warm tub while removing the braids after conditioning your hair. It took ages!!! However it did help.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic