Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The hair game makes me depressed [VENT]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:15pm
I'm telling yall, this stuff on the market ain't real hair, much less virgin.

Artificial Hair: A synthetic polymer

Synthetic hair like human hair is a polymer. It is composed of fine plastic fibers, manufactured to look like human hair. In its basic form, synthetic hair is made from low-grade acrylic that is heated and strung into strands to make individual hair fibers. The appearance of these fibers is waxy and plastic. Conversely, the more sophisticated form of synthetic hair has texture and luster, and resembles human hair. Manufacturers of this artificial hair make use of polymer science to create these hair fibers. The fibers range in type from straight to kinky/curly with coarse surfaces to silky/smooth surfaces.

This hair that's being sold ain't nothing but high grade Kanekelon that's then processed for texture.

Sponsored Links

dani454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dani454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Amillion Amillion wrote:

I'm telling yall, this stuff on the market ain't real hair, much less virgin.

Artificial Hair: A synthetic polymer

Synthetic hair like human hair is a polymer. It is composed of fine plastic fibers, manufactured to look like human hair. In its basic form, synthetic hair is made from low-grade acrylic that is heated and strung into strands to make individual hair fibers. The appearance of these fibers is waxy and plastic. Conversely, the more sophisticated form of synthetic hair has texture and luster, and resembles human hair. Manufacturers of this artificial hair make use of polymer science to create these hair fibers. The fibers range in type from straight to kinky/curly with coarse surfaces to silky/smooth surfaces.

This hair that's being sold ain't nothing but high grade Kanekelon that's then processed for texture.

Um. But when you go to flat iron it you'll know.... 
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kami612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:39pm
^^ I think that is definitely true with 99% of the hair in the BSS. But the hair that CVs & Avs sell, some of it is Indian & Chinese & the rest in those 24+ inch lengths I'm sure is animal hair.
I'm telling you that Brazilian that aliexpress vendors peddle is nothing but Virgin yak & thats why it holds a curl so well. LOL
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by dani454 dani454 wrote:

IBut when you go to flat iron it you'll know.... 

That's assuming if they used cheap fibers. The chinese are masters of bootlegging and knocking items off.  Right now in the BSS stores, they sell inexpensive Human Hair Blend and even synthetic hair that can be heated to temps of 400 degrees. This is probably that cheap low end acrylic fiber.

But with a little investment, they could use better fibers to synthesize a higher grade hair which can be sold for higher prices.  I firmly believe, this is what is being sold now. Just a higher grade synthesized polymer, to be technical.

Lets look at Jace for example and use logic. Authentic virgin hair is raw material, you cannot dictate luster and curl pattern with your order.  If a vendor is supplying this hair to her, do you really think they sit down through thousands of bundles and pick out Low, Medium/Low, Medium, Medium/High Lusters?  And to go further in detail, Low Curly, High Curly, Medium High Wavy, etc.  This is just too detailed for a raw product. 

Edited by Amillion - Oct 17 2012 at 1:03pm
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Kami612 Kami612 wrote:

^^ I think that is definitely true with 99% of the hair in the BSS. But the hair that CVs & Avs sell, some of it is Indian & Chinese & the rest in those 24+ inch lengths I'm sure is animal hair.
I'm telling you that Brazilian that aliexpress vendors peddle is nothing but Virgin yak & thats why it holds a curl so well. LOL

According to google, there's 4 billion asians and let's assume 2 billion are women.  If all 2 billion women grew their hair and chopped it off,  that is not enough to satisfy the demand for weave/extension globally and this is excluding wigs.  Hell some of yall have in your stash, enough hair to cover 3 heads.

Edited by Amillion - Oct 17 2012 at 1:10pm
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 1:08pm
next up n coming hair vendor that request to follow me on instagram is going to get got.

I like my vendors-- to live across the world...know very little english and call me names like dear and sweetie. 
lol

Edited by nycdiva357 - Oct 17 2012 at 1:09pm
dani454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dani454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by Amillion Amillion wrote:

Originally posted by Kami612 Kami612 wrote:

According to google, there's 4 billion asians and let's assume 2 billion are women.  If all 2 billion women grew their hair and chopped it off,  that is not enough to satisfy the demand for weave/extension globally and this is excluding wigs.  Hell some of yall have in your stash, enough hair to cover 3 heads.

Even if this is true, if the hair acts just like human hair (if not better because it'll hold a curl for DAYS), who cares?! LOL Seriously. How does it hurt or ruin your life knowing your hair isn't human hair, but something BETTER?

People shove pink slime in their mouths and swear it's real, natural chicken. And then they'll eat KFC that makes hair grow in your belly and somehow still swear it's pure chicken. And then they'll buy mink coats without knowing how MUCH of that coat is REALLY mink. Or they'll buy a leather sole shoe swearing it's authentic but do they REALLY know that it is? Sh*t, they'll even buy a marble counter ... but do they know it's really marble? There are counterfeit Apple stores all over Asia, and they're so good at faking it that they can't even be shut down because they're that well hidden.

It's all apart of the game, and we're just players... not the creators. I say if it works just as well, if not better than the imitation, I'll take it. Embarrassed 

Edited by dani454 - Oct 17 2012 at 1:27pm
gihllc2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gihllc2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 10:23pm
I am waiting for someone to market "true virgin African Hair", lol.
Mrzjay770 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrzjay770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 7:27am
Ladies that is why I'm leaving next month to actually visiting South Asia to find out myself the real truth.  Amillion and Kami612 actually are correct about what we are receiving from the vendors is not totally human hair and possible anything over 24in is suspect for being animal hair.  I normally don't post but I have to agree with both ladies.

I will be over their for 1 to 2 months doing research and will update y'all with vids and pics.
My employer is funding this trip so WHY NOT?

I'm so sick and tired of paying thousands of dollars to keep getting ripped off UGH!  So we shall see ladies...
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 10:18pm
I say it's mainly animal hair in lengths over 20in if not also the shorter lengths coming out of China. It could also be collagen protein hair which is neither human or the plastic synthetic hair.     http://www.lfhair.com/pro-10/index.php

Oh and Mongolian yaks are known for their pretty hair. Tongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System