Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedThe Growth of Dreads?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BlasianBeauty88 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Growth of Dreads?
    Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 12:36am

Why do dreads grow so long and so dang fast? I've never had anyone sit down and explain this to me in the least difficult way possible.

What makes a persons hair not be able to grow to their tailbones when worn out of dreads, but they are able to obtain that length and longer when their hair is worn in dreads? For whatever the reason may be, this is why I do believe that us sister's are able to obtain tailbone length and further if taken care of properly and you don't have to wait three and four years to achieve this growth, b/c most people with dreads obtain this length, if they choose for their dreads to be  tailbone length, in a year and a half, two and a half at the most.

I know manipulation has something to do with it, but what else? I am soooo stumped and lost. Anyone want to explain?Lamp

Edited by BlasianBeauty88 - Nov 27 2007 at 12:37am
Sponsored Links

candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 12:41am

People with dreads have the same growth rate as those with out.  You're basically matting together shed hair with the hair that's still attached to your head so it "looks" long.  Also, you don't have to battle with shrinkage as much because it's matted hair.

Some people do the palm roll or w/e and so can take it out if they change their mind.  The "length" after is the length of shrunken natural hair.
Anubis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 12:47am
dreads when rolled are matted with the shedded hair but the reason it reaches tailbone length in such a short amount of time is because they dont experience breakage and shedding. Dreaded hair grows the same rate as ours but doent have the set backs people with their hair out experience, HTH. Dont you wish you  could dread the ends of our hair to keep length and once you reach tailbone length in about a year and a half or so then cut of the dreaded ends...lol i used to try to figure out a way to do that when i was in high school and wanted my hair long soooo bad LOL!
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 5:53am
Originally posted by Anubis Anubis wrote:

dreads when rolled are matted with the shedded hair but the reason it reaches tailbone length in such a short amount of time is because they dont experience breakage and shedding. Dreaded hair grows the same rate as ours but doent have the set backs people with their hair out experience, HTH. Dont you wish you  could dread the ends of our hair to keep length and once you reach tailbone length in about a year and a half or so then cut of the dreaded ends...lol i used to try to figure out a way to do that when i was in high school and wanted my hair long soooo bad LOL!

Yeah, that would be some amazing sh*t. I wish i could figure out how ta do it.Cry
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 6:04am
hey blasian! my two cents...I think that the dreads have all the hair that comes out in our combs still rolled into their hair. This means that the long dreads you see are a mish mash of normal plus shedded hair which if you think about it would not really be that long if unravelled. You would just have a huge pile of shed hairs on one side!
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 6:10am
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

hey blasian! my two cents...I think that the dreads have all the hair that comes out in our combs still rolled into their hair. This means that the long dreads you see are a mish mash of normal plus shedded hair which if you think about it would not really be that long if unravelled. You would just have a huge pile of shed hairs on one side!

Hey Alynxx, how's your morning.
EWWW. No wonder my auntie's hair be looking like a birds nest.Confused
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 6:39am
Originally posted by BlasianBeauty88 BlasianBeauty88 wrote:

Hey there! it's afternoon now in London and I'm just eating! how is your day....does your auntie have dreads?? I wouldn't have them myself!

btw are yoy really having eye slant surgery?? I bet you are already pretty as it isWink
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 7:18pm

Hey there! it's afternoon now in London and I'm just eating! how is your day....does your auntie have dreads?? I wouldn't have them myself!

btw are yoy really having eye slant surgery?? I bet you are already pretty as it isWink

Yeah, my auntie has dreads, but she began growin' them before ppl really knew how to keep them fresh lookin', so hers a bit, well more than a bit, raggedy, hangin' on by threads, that sorta thing.
Yeah, I actually am havin' the exotic eye slanting surgery and thanks, but you know, I would just really love to slant my eyes further.
Oh, and my bust on the time zone era........how was your afternoon? Lmao. I actually hadn't been to bed all night.....so, I was just goin' to bed when I wrote that, lol.
Have a blessed day Alnxx, and your wig is soooooo gorgeous.Smile
twistie_t View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 4:33pm
they have no manipulation, no heat problems, chemicals, nothing.
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 5:35pm

Originally posted by Anubis Anubis wrote:

Yeah, that would be some amazing sh*t. I wish i could figure out how ta do it.Cry

Blasian, you better keep your money in your pocket, or spend it on hair products, lol. If your eyes are already slanted, leave 'em be. Anything could happen and you only get one set of eyes...why risk it?Cry

Edited by mcelweewife - Nov 29 2007 at 5:36pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style