BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Great Closure Debate: Lace vs Silk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>

Author
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 4:31pm
Great application, indeed. But me still team silk tho Cool 

Honestly, until the day I manage to NOT see the grids in the parting IN REAL LIFE (I swear those camera and flashes are fooling), i'll prefer to deal with the line of demarcation in silk closures. 

ETA : I have a question though. Did anyone ever cut the lace part on a silk closure ? 

Edited by Aihtnyck - Mar 07 2014 at 4:35pm
Sponsored Links

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 7:38pm
I did ( because the lace was starting to rip on the side).I find blending the silk closure to my scalp easier to do
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:36am
Kera, your hair has me SOLD! 

#teamLace
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

I did ( because the lace was starting to rip on the side).I find blending the silk closure to my scalp easier to do

Blending was easier ? Big smile
Did you cut aaalll the lace or did you leave a tiny bit, like 1/10 of an inch ? 
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:29pm
^^ maybe cut most of the lace off and leave like 3centimeters. Then pluck the rest of the hair so you can fold back and secure the rest of the lace under the silk.

I wouldn't cut all the lace off because of they way it may be constructed, it could cause problems down the line 
lateshalb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lateshalb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 5:43pm
I tried a lace closure from magic hair company and I cant deal with the grid look it gives doesn't look natural at all to me so I tried a silk closure from closure addictz and the scalp did come pretty white but I plucked the part and put some foundation on the scalp and it looks good the closure is just really thick and hair mats so easily Stern Smile
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 8:28pm

I have not had silk closure so I do not know how that is.
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 8:30pm
Oh and I dyed my lace with dark brown rit dye to match my skin because I am dark and just bleaching the lace does not do it for me.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Misjaguar Misjaguar wrote:

Oh and I dyed my lace with dark brown rit dye to match my skin because I am dark and just bleaching the lace does not do it for me.

I like your hair. What texture is? Is is it Italian Yaki?
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 11:01am
CY
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic