The Great Closure Debate: Lace vs Silk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
BlaqueBarbiie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlaqueBarbiie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Great Closure Debate: Lace vs Silk
    Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 5:53pm
I remember when closures first came on the scene a few years ago. Silk was the holy grail and lace always got the Dead face. Everyone swore up and down that silk was better, it looks so realistic, you don't have to do anything to it, blah blah blah. And on the other side of the spectrum lace was too much work with the knot bleaching and could never look as realistic as the silk.

So in the beginning I was hooked on silk because everyone "SAID" it was better  (more than likely because they are more expensive).

Stern%20Smile

Fast forward a couple of years, and I now cannot stand silk closures. I think they are the most unrealistic things ever and no amount of tea steeping or Rit dying can ever get it to look like a natural scalp. Sorry but no. And they have that hideous demarcation in the front where the silk ends and the lace starts....ugh, I just can't Pinch

I am now a strong believer lace is the way to go. A piece of skin colored pantyhose underneath and you're good to go.

Anyway, the question is...how do you ladies feel? Do you prefer silk or lace? And why?

Sponsored Links

shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoefreakbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 5:55pm
This was just on my mine, bless your heart, cause I NEED TO KNOW

BUMP
Shaana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by shoefreakbaby shoefreakbaby wrote:

This was just on my mind, bless your heart, cause I NEED TO KNOW

BUMP

MINE TOO!
Shaana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:15pm
oh and i do not like my silk closure..i didnt even want to put it back in...but I was in a wedding and didnt have time to doctor up my hair to blend with my Wags NC. I have seen pics of lace closures installed and i think i like them better. Never tried one though.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:17pm
lace................thats all I know
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjo91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:19pm
LACE is better in my opinion. Yeah you have to bleach the knots but once that is done u can just put a pantyhose or any other material underneath it and you are good.
WHY I DO NOT LIKE SILK? 1 out of 1,000 will a SILK closure have a nice color but most of the time the scalp is TOO WHITE. It is like 200000 shades lighter than the the person and although the scalp is lighter but when it looks like it belongs to a scalp of a person of the white race....not a good look. Yeah u can dye it but most of the time ppl do not get it right and also the line of demarcation ppl can argue THIS all they want alright but IS THERE in some cases.

I think LACE can lay flatter and look more realistic once it doctored.

The only thing ppl can say about lace is BLEACHING THE KNOTS........but seriously.....I rather that then to be dying and dying it until I get the right color of a scalp which the chances aren't good.

LACE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL IN FAVOR SAY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

kalenjin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:21pm
I like both....i buy lace coz its alot cheaper but silk works for me too 
ILuvWeave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILuvWeave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:21pm
I like the concept of the "scalp" on silk closures. I must say I like the way lace closures look installed more than I like the way silk closures look installed.

I've only had a silk closure installed and I really liked it, but for my next install, I'm getting a lace closure instead.
kchae09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kchae09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:22pm
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjo91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 6:32pm
Exampe of what I meant by a scalp that belongs to a person of the white race. AMANDITA DID A GREAT JOB but that color of the closure which she had no control off..........Dead
http://public.fotki.com/amandita-bhm2/what-is-a-closure/after-hair-was-brai-3.html#media
http://public.fotki.com/amandita-bhm2/what-is-a-closure/img4346.html#media
(look how pretty that lace looks like on her hand).....

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic