Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the good old days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:10pm
If you just stick to chinese or indian hair, you can get good quality hair. When I see complicated specs I can see the vendors rolling their eyes. "I want ONE wig of virgin martian, processed to queen Nefertiti texture, send a photo after each hair is ventilated and play bessie smith while you make it". That vendor is selling 1000 wigs a day. Of course they take the money and post out the donkey hair, because some of us are jackasses..... There I said it. there are Wigzillas out there.

signed
A reformed wigzilla

Edited by nappyface - Jul 02 2013 at 9:11pm
Sponsored Links

nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:13pm
I ruined my 2007 italian yaki wig. I bleach bathed it out of the bag and it lost its texture
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TransitAngst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 6:03am
Quality, prices, the smaller number of vendors, fewer people knowing about lace wigs...I'd go back to pre-2008 2006 anytime.

Edited by TransitAngst - Jul 09 2013 at 6:03am
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

Please... I remember getting one from His and Her hair (amber unit) that lasted longer than some of the ones I've gotten recently

I still have my Amber (lace not cut).  I purchase my  Amber in March 20,2008.  This unit is a beauty!
nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 4:07pm
is 'not just wigs' still around? I bought italian yaki from them in 2007 before I knew what italian yaki was. It was beautiful
Magnoliabird1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnoliabird1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 6:21pm
I sure wish I could get my hands on some of the wigs I had purchased from 06-09.  Nowadays the hair is trash.  To find a quality one requires wasting money testing out vendors.  2 of my best vendors from back in the day no longer sell, or at least I can no longer find them.  I have tried so many and I am about to go to weaves once my hair grows out since I buzz all my hair off while wearing lace wigs.  I just do not have anything nice to say about the vendors I have tried over the past year.  Either shedding like a sheep dog, or tangling like sheep hair.  You know it is bad hair when the most expensive hair conditioners do nothing....you know you have bad hair when you cannot do anything but wear it braided and pinned up.  (damn, all that 20" tucked under hair pins.  You know you have bad hair when even pressing it does not help the tangles.  So, I LONG FOR THOSE DAYS OF OLD WHEN LACE WIGS WERE TRULY A BEAUTY TO WEAR!
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 2:16am
Those days still exist.

I think the deal is .. the CV can be difficult to work with so then people get mad and drop that CV for another and it happens again so then they start with a AV (pay a lot more) and eventually have trouble with that one ... again for many reasons so they go through a lot of vendors never being quite satisfied.

So in the end .. they don't have a vendor of any sort that they have built up a relationship with ... and so it is possible that whoever you buy from .. just passes you the crap units.

Another thing is volume. If you buy 2 - 3 units at a time several times a year .... they will put you on their favorites list so you get good units and you get a discount.

If you order the 1 itty bitty unit every blue moon and you have specs out the wazo .. then not so good.

Also, as mentioned above .. you have to cut back on the bells and whistles - get a basic good quality unit and doctor on it yourself.  Sure, it's your money and you can order what you want - the problem is you have to work WITH a CV and build a trusted relationship in order to have a good outcome and sometimes that means you have to adjust the way you work with people. Of course, sometimes you get lucky ... but if you buy units long term ... you have to have a strategy in order to get what you want. That is the goal.

This means you have to forgive the CV when he makes a mistake and work with him instead of flipping out on him ... and damaging the relationship for good. So yes, you have to adjust your expectations if you mean to stay in the lfw game and buy a lot of units. It is not like buying weave hair etc and if you treat it like that .. you are sure to be dissapointed. Unhappy

But I've said it before though .... these units AND the care and feeding of these units ... is not for everyone. Wink

Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 1:30pm
I joined this website all because I wanted more information on lace wigs.....and this website is by far the best place to go for this type of knowledge and wisdom.   Over the last 7 years (started in 2006), I bought an obscene amount of wigs (my husband can testify to that) and I have to say that I found some rotten apples along the way....around 2006 thru 2007.  I can't really complain too much however the only thing that I have trouble is the density but no other major issues.  I normally order from three vendors and they know me pretty well.  Most of the time they keep it real with me because I don't hesitate to call them on the phone if they send me some ratchet mess. 
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Those days still exist.

I think the deal is .. the CV can be difficult to work with so then people get mad and drop that CV for another and it happens again so then they start with a AV (pay a lot more) and eventually have trouble with that one ... again for many reasons so they go through a lot of vendors never being quite satisfied.

So in the end .. they don't have a vendor of any sort that they have built up a relationship with ... and so it is possible that whoever you buy from .. just passes you the crap units.

Another thing is volume. If you buy 2 - 3 units at a time several times a year .... they will put you on their favorites list so you get good units and you get a discount.

If you order the 1 itty bitty unit every blue moon and you have specs out the wazo .. then not so good.

Also, as mentioned above .. you have to cut back on the bells and whistles - get a basic good quality unit and doctor on it yourself.  Sure, it's your money and you can order what you want - the problem is you have to work WITH a CV and build a trusted relationship in order to have a good outcome and sometimes that means you have to adjust the way you work with people. Of course, sometimes you get lucky ... but if you buy units long term ... you have to have a strategy in order to get what you want. That is the goal.

This means you have to forgive the CV when he makes a mistake and work with him instead of flipping out on him ... and damaging the relationship for good. So yes, you have to adjust your expectations if you mean to stay in the lfw game and buy a lot of units. It is not like buying weave hair etc and if you treat it like that .. you are sure to be dissapointed. Unhappy

But I've said it before though .... these units AND the care and feeding of these units ... is not for everyone. Wink

Yep, keep it simple!
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhh the good ole days! 

Those were the days when there were only a handful of GOOD vendors and not too many AVs. 
Those were the days when the hair quality was the best and not a mixed breed of squirrel and hamster.
Those were the days when the lace would melt into your skin regardless of where you got the wig from.
Those were the days when the prices were on the low-low.

I miss those days.Cry  BUT I still have wigs from those days that I REFUSE to let go because I cannot find the quality like that anymore.  Even my favorite CV has gone rogue and may send out squirrel-hamster hair.Angry

SQUIRREL HAMSTER HAIR...that's exactly what it is...hee hee hee hee..lol...with boll weevil harlines...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>