BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:51am
Me, my father, mother, nephew, niece, son, uncle and husband just got over this nasty flu that's circulating. My mom and dad was down for about a week going into the new year. My son, husband, niece and nephew had it for about 2 days. I had it for one day, and my uncle is just getting over it.  It affected each of us differently..It was crazy.  I caught it Saturday and was so weak that my husband had to help me up the stairs and dress for bed.  I had a fever that kept coming and going, the chills, very bad headaches to where I was very light-headed, coughing, body pain....It was the worse, but it only lasted one night for me...it was really crazy.  I knew something was going on because right after we all got over it, they started talking about it on the news. And I live in DC...I caught it when I went back to Ohio to visit for the New Year.  My son's therapist were saying they were out of commission during the holidays because of a stomach flu that a lot of them were getting.
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:58am
Never got the shot, never will.  I know so many of my co-workers who got the shot and then ended up getting six 2 weeks later..
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:01am
Everyone around me is sick but I will not get that shot I don't care how free it is, just cause its free doesn't mean its good for you.....I hate when people say "but its free" so what !!they just push that flu shot tooo much
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:01am
watch ABC right now!!
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:03am
They are talking about schools closing cuz of low student attendence & how all the pharmacies are running out of the flu shot
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:09am
The flu shot takes 2 weeks to work and it's not effective against all strains.  It helps.  It's not a cure-all.  I'm high risk and spaced about getting it this year.  I really need to go in because half the people at my job are sick.  I'll be a disinfecting fool until then. LOL
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

A lot of people where I live are actually getting the flu, a lot of my associates have had it, so I think the epidemic is real.... now whether it was deliberately put out there, that's another story.....

I personally refuse to get the shot though - am not high risk, and I don't understand how it works, I thought there were lots of different flu viruses, how can one shot protect you?

The way it was explained to me (by my bio-professor):

Fragments of the most popular strands of virus are put into the shot. So, they take the different strands of viruses, pretty much destroy them so that they are not active and then inject the fragments into you so that your body is able to make antibodies for the viruses without actually getting sick.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:53pm
My husband had it. It was real bad. Missed 4 days of work. Could barely eat
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i seriously doubt theres ever really a shortage of anything. but thats imo. i personally never get the shot and never will. goes for me and my kids. 

This right here^^^ I never had the flu and neither have any of my kids. It maybe due to my strong immune system.
ladyfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladyfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:46pm
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/vaccine-decision/ingredients.html   Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen that is also used in embalming fluid. Thimerosal aka mercury is linked to causing dementia and Alzheimer
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>